UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2020-2021 season in doubt?

The women seem pretty aggressive about playing some real games. They schedule Seton Hall minutes after their game with Hofstra and very quickly after hearing St. Peters canceled. Seems to me important to get some real games started.

Anyone have thoughts why the men and coach Brown have NOT been similarly looking to play for real???? There are a lot of teams out there looking for games. umbc will have six games under their belt, when we see them next week. Does Will think his team is so DEEP, that they can continue to get better by simply playing against each other???????

4 hours ago, dslyank said:

The women seem pretty aggressive about playing some real games. They schedule Seton Hall minutes after their game with Hofstra and very quickly after hearing St. Peters canceled. Seems to me important to get some real games started.

Anyone have thoughts why the men and coach Brown have NOT been similarly looking to play for real???? There are a lot of teams out there looking for games. umbc will have six games under their belt, when we see them next week. Does Will think his team is so DEEP, that they can continue to get better by simply playing against each other???????

No . He believes that there are so many new players and so few practices that they would get far more out of practice then a game. 

Brown says they are so far behind last year and they are not ready. 

I hope that the talent is better this year and they will play well early but I'm not sure that's the case.  Brown hopes they are playing their best ball at the end of the year.  

I've been skeptical about this year and remain so. Not skeptical about the team but about there being a season.

Last week Coach K was questioning playing and travelling when public health officials are telling people not to travel. In tonight's Florida - Florida State game Keyonte Johnson collapsed and was taken to the hospital. He had tested positive for Covid earlier this year. Younger people tend to recover quickly but have been known to have heart issues after they recover.

I don't often agree with Rick Pitino but he's recommended changing March Madness into May Madness. He's hoping things are better in March and thinks the season should restart then.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Women beat Seton Hall 71 - 66

Pirates had beaten St Peters by 47 and Wagner by 43 in their first two games.

The Seton  Hall website stated their team was down two starters and key reserves.....execuses, execuses, a Big East school lost to an America East Conference school.....

• Like 1

Even the SH announcers pointed out that Albany had only 16 practices.

Albany won the stats across the board - shooting, free throws, rebounds, assists, blocks - except for steals/turnovers

i like their story touting their huge edge in offensive rebounds and second chance points, without saying it’s because  they missed 42 shots  to our 24

Edited by UAalum72