UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2022

Big time recruiting win for the staff. Jonathan beagle just committed. He’s a 6 foot nine center out of Hudson Falls, with offers from Hofstra, Siena, Vermont, Iona, Stetson, UMass and Pitt.   Big-time way to mark the capital District territory by our staff. Good luck to Jonathan and great job by the staff

Just now, Dane96 said:

Big time recruiting win for the staff. Jonathan beagle just committed. He’s a 6 foot nine center out of Hudson Falls, with offers from Hofstra, Siena, Vermont, Iona, Stetson, UMass and Pitt.   Big-time way to mark the capital District territory by our staff. Good luck to Jonathan and great job by the staff

This one is a big big deal...Siena fans calling him a p5 kid for sure...and here we are. Dang...lots of programs traditionally better then us wanted this kid and offered including Pitt...

I wonder if the new NIL rules played a factor. I know Albany isn't known as a sports town, but you'd have to think a local player that was a star in the AE would have marketing appeal. No idea how good he'll be, as we have seen some big recruits and transfers fizzle, but some good names offered him. Pitt, Mass, Patino.... Reports of interest from Virginia Tech. Bodes well. Great get!

13 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Playing for St Thomas More Academy, Raleigh NC, takes away from "the kid from Hudson Falls".... Are parents still in Washington County?...Would not surprise me if he ends up playing at an ACC school if parents down there not here.   Take a wait and see on this one.

Or plays 2 years at UA, builds additional experience and resume, then transfers to high level ACC. 

Or becomes Lamb or Warney on the court. 

Or is overhyped and doesn't do well.

I thinks it's always wait and see with all recruits.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Or plays 2 years at UA, builds additional experience and resume, then transfers to high level ACC. 

Recruitment threads for football 🏈and basketball 🏀are informative; however never throw caution to wind.

5 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Yep. For all we know he will be Suero (leave in a year) or Will Harris (ACC kid who was average in the AE).

6 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Playing for St Thomas More Academy, Raleigh NC, takes away from "the kid from Hudson Falls".... Are parents still in Washington County?...Would not surprise me if he ends up playing at an ACC school if parents down there not here.   Take a wait and see on this one.

He doesn't play in NC. He plays for St Thomas More Prep in Connecticut. He played there last year and again in a post grad year (Per TU). His Mom played VB for LCC. Which isn't to say he won't leave. But, like all said, don't be retiring the number just yet. Get back to me in 2026 or so. If DK turns this program around to AE championship quality, I only give him 3 years tops...so he could follow his coattails. One thing in our favor is that DK is from Amherst and his parents are still there. But money talks and you know what walks. 

Definitely huge, and an applause for the staff is warranted. The common theme heard from last year's recruits and now this one is energy and what the staff plans on building. I'd love to hear some insight into what the plans are. I mean every midmajor talks about winning chips and dancing. What does DK see as the plan over the next 5 years that excites the recruits?

UA is a good situation for him. Close to home. All our starting bigs are Graduate Students and out the door after this season. Hopefully, DK can come up with another big, but he should see plenty of playing time as a Freshman unless things change. Or has Doles got another year?