UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA Men's Basketball Coach Search

I'm not sure it will be that fast.  Normally teams hire around the final 4 or so . No team is going to let anyone interview with the season going on. 

Unless we hire someone not currently coaching I could see it take upto a month or so. 

Interviews will take a couple of weeks after the coaches season is over. 

Edited by UA1882

Also another question is : Do most lower major basketball programs conduct a national search ? 

Benson made that clear in his statement.  To me that means we wants to go big. Or at least attempt it . Not hire some no name guy.  Again I could be 100 percent wrong.  

3 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

Also another question is : Do most lower major basketball programs conduct a national search ? 

Benson made that clear in his statement.  To me that means we wants to go big. Or at least attempt it . Not hire some no name guy.  Again I could be 100 percent wrong.  

I just went back to the news archives for when Coach Abe left and McNamee left and the words " national search" were used.  

7 hours ago, Clickclack said:

You don't let go of a Coach Brown to bring in Lucious Jordan....with all due respect. 

Agree.  Heck, throw my name in there, lol.  In 1981 I took Principles and Techniques of Coaching Basketball, a 3 credit course taught by the legendary Doc Sauers and I got a B+.  😆😆

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have 3 years of assistant CYO girls coaching experience to my name.  Hat officially in the ring and I'll do it for $250K, a suit allowance, and some kind of deal w/ Across the Street Pub.  I've got a few assistant coaches lined up too.  I've got a style the kids would love too.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, McFan said:

I have 3 years of assistant CYO girls coaching experience to my name.  Hat officially in the ring and I'll do it for $250K, a suit allowance, and some kind of deal w/ Across the Street Pub.  I've got a few assistant coaches lined up too.  I've got a style the kids would love too.

Heck, I would coach for free if I could get unlimited original Sutters Mill burgers and fries from back in the day for you old timers that remember them and how they saved you from UAS food on many nights.  Quick walk from Dutch Quad.  Amazing I don't have cardio vascular disease from all of them I ate!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Faced with ballooning budget gap, UAlbany looks to downsize

10 hours ago, UA'08 said:

How much are top assistants making at high majors? If the budget is still there I don’t see how this is not an attractive job to any hungry head coach. I don’t care how much of a dump SEFCU is.

The link below will discourage many...no matter how hungry a coach is

Faced with ballooning budget gap, UAlbany looks to downsize

• Like 1