UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA Men's Basketball Coach Search

50 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Heck, I would coach for free if I could get unlimited original Sutters Mill burgers and fries from back in the day for you old timers that remember them and how they saved you from UAS food on many nights.  Quick walk from Dutch Quad.  Amazing I don't have cardio vascular disease from all of them I ate!

I knew I'd get undercut here but you went right to the bottom w/ free.  I'm out.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, UAalum72 said:

They mention several of Brown's staff, Iati, Knotts, Pelletier as replacements but I see zero chance of any of them getting an interview.  No head coaching experience at even the D2 or D3 level and to be honest, they are also responsible for the lackluster play and recruiting the past few years.  McNamara from Cuse is interesting, young and hungry.  Doc Sauers can speak to his buddy Boehimn about him and help the program out.  Don't want any Siena candidates just because, they are S@#$%.

15 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

They mention several of Brown's staff, Iati, Knotts, Pelletier as replacements but I see zero chance of any of them getting an interview.  No head coaching experience at even the D2 or D3 level and to be honest, they are also responsible for the lackluster play and recruiting the past few years.  McNamara from Cuse is interesting, young and hungry.  Doc Sauers can speak to his buddy Boehimn about him and help the program out.  Don't want any Siena candidates just because, they are S@#$%.

Agreed...you think Benson is even going to talk to anyone from Will's staff? Zero chance...that includes Lucious. McNamara and Beiline would be interesting to kick the tires on as would Rick Patino's kids although he may not want to take this big a step down. 

Good question: the answer is today thorough next month.  Lol

If you want to hire a coach not coaching or a team already done with the season u can.  (Not going to conduct interviews when team is still playing). 

If you want to wait for their season to end then it will take longer. 

It's a chess game . We are a lower midmajor so we need to get our guy before even job opens up and our guy wants to go there.  

I really hope it's that good D2 coach or a splash.  But I'm guessing it will be a dud... 

Edited by UA1882

5 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

Heck, I would coach for free if I could get unlimited original Sutters Mill burgers and fries from back in the day for you old timers that remember them and how they saved you from UAS food on many nights.  Quick walk from Dutch Quad.  Amazing I don't have cardio vascular disease from all of them I ate!

SADLY, Sutters is now City Line. OK place but NOT SUTTERS.

• Thanks 1

My answer to my own question.... May 20, 2021 Benson finally convinces someone to take the position....the 3 candidates bought in mid-April for on campus interview turn him down....all asking themselves can I really work with this guy?

I'll there will be someone hired in the next 3 or 4 weeks at most, maybe even sooner. You're getting your ass handed to you as an AD by fans and local pundits, the quicker you get a new face out there and a new face of the program the better it will be for Benson. One thing that could delay it is the state review of the new contract. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 2

Biggest need I want to see filled is a staff that knows how to recruit. Clearly the recruiting has been a mess for years. Defenders of the staff will point to facilities and a lack of resources, which may be part of it, but I don’t buy it is the reason this team has been mediocre at best.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clickclack said:

I'll there will be someone hired in the next 3 or 4 weeks at most, maybe even sooner. You're getting your ass handed to you as an AD by fans and local pundits, the quicker you get a new face out there and a new face of the program the better it will be for Benson. One thing that could delay it is the state review of the new contract. 

Even if Benson has someone "in his pocket"....at least 6weeks....Does UAlbany need to post this position for internal candidates?   Just asking...anyone know?