UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #1: 11/9/21 - 7:00PM vs Towson

Eli

Agree on the parking. It might be worse this year than ever. Football no matter what entrance I use for Dutch they want me to go to a different entrance with a pass. Today the backup was so bad coming out of across the street pub, I turned the other way and went to Fuller Rd entrance. I think I was in my seat before my friends a few rows back that have sefcu passes.

You can't screw up parking this bad and then play a stinker and not expect to lose a good portion of the fans

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blorp said:

-Something needs to be done to address the parking situation. Cars were backed up all the way out on to 20 from both directions because people kept turning into the lot closest to SEFCU only to have to turn around and go to Dutch. When the signs say "Basketball Parking" people are going to think that's where they are supposed to park.

They used to have Police/Security right at the main entrance off 20 and the only people who could take a left towards SEFCU were the ones with a pass. Same thing from the fuller side, you couldn't go past the basketball courts without a pass. Was that not done today?

1) It helps traffic
2) It make you feel like a real VIP lol

43 minutes ago, Eli said:

They used to have Police/Security right at the main entrance off 20 and the only people who could take a left towards SEFCU were the ones with a pass. Same thing from the fuller side, you couldn't go past the basketball courts without a pass. Was that not done today?

1) It helps traffic
2) It make you feel like a real VIP lol

That was not done for basketball. It was football only in the past 

I’m going back to my last comment..they looked like a team that never practiced. Or a team that retained nothing from practice. Towson looked so much better in every aspect of the game except foul shooting. But, we’ve got a whole bunch of new players, a first time head coach and a lot of expectations. It’ll take time I know. But when you put all that work into building up community engagement and then the entire event becomes a stinker with parking problems, concession problems, temperature problems, music volume overwhelming conversation....and then the product turns into a stinker.....that’s what bothers me. They really need someone with vision who can iron out all of these problems to help build and maintain a fan base. It’s become endemic. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Maybe it was hot because they didn’t adjust for the number of fans.

TU says Amica is “day-to-day with an injury”

Thanks for Amica update.  Was worried if healthy, no playing time when most got in.  Give the kid props for returning after little PT last year and coaching change.

After almost a day, I'm now more ok with the loss. New coach, new team, new everything. We knew we had to temper early season expectations here. I just hope the standing room only crowd comes back on next Wednesday.

My biggest concern is still that it didn't feel like they had an offensive plan, or at least didn't stick to it. I don't like the isolate for one on one game with the rest of the team standing around. It's why I stopped following the NBA. I hope it's just growing pains, and I'll try to remain positive through an extremely difficult OOC schedule.

1 hour ago, godanesgo99 said:

After almost a day, I'm now more ok with the loss. New coach, new team, new everything. We knew we had to temper early season expectations here. I just hope the standing room only crowd comes back on next Wednesday.

My biggest concern is still that it didn't feel like they had an offensive plan, or at least didn't stick to it. I don't like the isolate for one on one game with the rest of the team standing around. It's why I stopped following the NBA. I hope it's just growing pains, and I'll try to remain positive through an extremely difficult OOC schedule.

There are many teams in the NBA who play team ball. It's just usually the not as good teams or teams that people think won't win. The teams that aren't fun are usually teams with the likes of LeFlop James, Russell Westbrick, James Travelin and Kevin Durant (couldn't come up with a nickname for him on the spot lol - he's always in his feelings though) that play a lot of ISO ball.

18 minutes ago, dslyank said:

What he heck kind of fan are you----I lose my voice yelling at the TV for the road games also.🤐🤐

Hahah. It's different when no one can hear me, no incentive lol.

Edited by Eli