UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

SEFCU Reno

16 hours ago, Oldtimer said:

Had the Broadview Center tour today.  It is pretty impressive.  Have no clue to ticket prices but if you want Division 1 sports at UA, keep quiet and open your check book as I have for over 50 years.

Broadview Center will be great, and I enjoy my yellow seats at Casey!!

Good for you but I'm not sure what I saw last year was D1 sports.  I would be more inclined to say if UA wants successful D1 sports (and attendance) they might want to change their approach because it isn't working.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:
  • $5/ticket = 3,500 fans = $17,500 in ticket sales
  • $10/ticket = 3,000 fans = $30,000 in ticket sales
  • $20/ticket = 2000 fans = $40,000 in ticket sales
  • $30/ticket = 1500 Fans = $45,000 in ticket sales
  • $40/ticket = 1,000 fans = $40,000 in ticket sales
  • $50/ticket = 600 fans = $30,000 in ticket sales
  • $100/ticket = 250 fans = $25,000 in ticket sales

WOW! Fascinating; but what's your point. Play in front of 250 fans per game. That will go along way in getting good recruits and building back to a quality program🤑.

You are certainly welcome to your opinion {not sure what it is by your post}; but a lot of us simply DO NOT feel what is happening now is working??

If football and basketball put out winning products people will show up regardless of ticket prices.  The Albany area has a lot of fare weather fans that just want to watch a winning product.  Unfortunitly Football has struggled in the CAA and basketball hasn't been good since Hooley and Rowley graduated.  OT why hasn't Hooley number been retired?  

Back to the topic.  Insert the Al Davis quote "Just win baby, win."   

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dslyank said:

WOW! Fascinating; but what's your point. Play in front of 250 fans per game. That will go along way in getting good recruits and building back to a quality program🤑.

You are certainly welcome to your opinion {not sure what it is by your post}; but a lot of us simply DO NOT feel what is happening now is working??

My point was that there are revenue requirements and the hardest part of the job of the athletic department is to figure out where they get the most revenue. Cutting prices doesnt really add enough fans to make up for the lost revenue. Everyone keeps saying to make it cheaper, but with an arena that fits under 4000 fans, they have to have prices high enough to cover expenses. Figure out that sweet spot with the most fans and the most revenue.

21 hours ago, B9j2j6s said:

If football and basketball put out winning products people will show up regardless of ticket prices

🌠🌠🌠🌠

IMHO no one on this blog is asking UA to cut prices per se. Just asking:  to develop a marketing program that puts tushes in the seats and does above; and a program that does more than just rely on asking more & more from the long suffering fan/donor base.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 2

On 8/13/2023 at 9:12 AM, dslyank said:

🌠🌠🌠🌠

IMHO no one on this blog is asking UA to cut prices per se. Just asking:  to develop a marketing program that puts tushes in the seats and does above; and a program that does more than just rely on asking more & more from the long suffering fan/donor base.

Please, the official phrase on the board is “butts in seats.”

I just hope we don’t go all $iena on ticket prices. No one will show up, even if we’re semi-decent. How much were single game tickets last year?

12 hours ago, S-money said:

How much were single game tickets last year?

Last year season tickets were $100. All seats except floor were one price, no reserved seating @ HVCC. Previous year Gold seating @ SEFCU was $130 with I believe a $150/per seat GDAC requirement. [Not sure exactly because football GDAC rolled over to cover basketball--I would make a pledge that more than covered BOTH sports GDAC requirements; not exactly sure how it was allocated/dispersed.] 

Don't know what single game price was, because printed tickets always had different amounts listed. I did have occasion to buy GOLD single game tickets for lacrosse and they were $25 for non-premium games and $30 for premium games +2.50 service chrg. So guessing football and basketball GOLD single game tickets 2022-2023 season pretty comparable.

On 8/16/2023 at 4:07 PM, UAalum72 said:

Last coat of polyurethane applied to the game court today. The Hall of Fame Room is being converted to a sports medicine room

This is a MAJOR change and indicates two things to me.  One, this explains some of the "cost changes" I've heard about with regards to Broadview's rehab.  (I would think, could be wrong).  Two, this confirms (to me) that the football building is still VERY much in the future as that facility would have sports medicine as well.

This is a welcome move as our sports medicine facilities are woefully inadequate for our level.  What will be interesting to me is if they convert the current facilities on the arena level to another use and will they do the same in the PE gym, e.g. are they consolidating all sports med to the new sports med center.  The new facility will be a decent size at 2500 sq feet, however unless they are putting in the cold and hot hydro pools, we are still a bit behind the times. 

Finally, where is the Hall of Fame room going?  There needs to be an area to put the Hall of Fame inductee plaques, and what room will be used for "events"?

Edited by Dane96

Could they use the current SEFCU gym as the new hall of fame room, after the PE building renovations are done?  

BTW thank you to all of you who are taking pictures and posting them here.  Every picture gets me more excited to make the hour and a half drive to see the renovated Broadview Center.

Edited by B9j2j6s

13 hours ago, B9j2j6s said:

Could they use the current SEFCU gym as the new hall of fame room, after the PE building renovations are done?  

BTW thank you to all of you who are taking pictures and posting them here.  Every picture gets me more excited to make the hour and a half drive to see the renovated Broadview Center.

That would seem to be pretty small, but would make sense.  I think that room is less than the 2500 sq feet of the current room, so not sure what kind of banquet set up you could have.

As an aside, UNH just announced an additional renovation of the Whit (similar to the expansion that we saw for Phase 3 of Broadview (proposed expansion).  Looks great...and rumor has it that they will be updating the Basketball facility a bit. 

Honestly, the AE is doing some quiet, wonderful things overall.  Shockingly, it's UVM that is falling very much behind the times for both Hoops and Hockey. 

• Like 1