UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

SEFCU Reno

12 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

The graphic designs are AMAZING.  Siena fans going to be jelly.  We are the "Capital City's Team"

Lockerooms will be set up like a mini dorm in a sense, with sink with disposal, refrigerator, cabinets, etc. 

Tease.  Post them.  Screen shot if you have to!  How close to the ones Eli posted are they?

5 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Tease.  Post them.  Screen shot if you have to!  How close to the ones Eli posted are they?

Give me 15-20 min. Just received the files.

EDIT: Need to do some manual effort to make these much more high-res. Even on my 4K monitor, these are pretty bad unless you zoom in and if you don't zoom in, you can't read $iena.

Edited by Eli

Hopefully the quality is better now. I had to manually screenshot multiple segments and splice by hand in Photoshop otherwise upon zooming in most stuff was not legible. Click on the images or open them in a different tab to zoom in.

Arena Floor:

feadc6Y.jpg

Capital Club NE:

CGSeVjM.png

Capital Club:

GKT4fVg.png

Locker room detail:

QdMXw8j.png

Lockers:

h3G6uaG.png

Lockers, Film Room, Player's lounge:

WBANaEw.png

Logos:

wRHd2AE.png

Seat distance to floor:

EQtY0IZ.png

Seating Layout:

O66EhLa.png

bJ4hrDD.png

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eli said:

Recap thus far:

• Plans: UAlbany P-1101 Rehabilitate SEFCU Arena - Bldg. 105 :: Plans :: Dataflow Online Planroom (nyplanroom.com)
  • Bid Date: 4/26/22
  • Construction Start: 9/22
  • Construction Completion: 11/23
  • SEFCU Closed During Reno: Yes
  • Cost: $11M for Phase 1
  • Capacity: 3,501 w/o floor seats | 3,767 w/ floor seats | 4,663 w/ additional floor seats for concerts (graduations?) | 9,706 total capacity allowed
  • Locker Rooms: New for Men and Women, will contain film rooms and have a players lounge with touch screen system built in for analysis/game planning in each one
    • Locke Rooms will be set up like a mini dorm in a sense, with sink with disposal, refrigerator, cabinets, etc.
  • Seats: Purple, 18" Wide and 10" Deep, furthest seat will be 21'6" from the floor -https://www.husseyseating.com/content/MXP/HSC-CourtSide-XC10-2.pdf
  • Aisles: Will have lights
  • Field Cart Storage
  • Capital Club & Concourse Bar in both NW and NE corners on Mezzanine level
  • Can be used for volleyball matches
  • Paint colors in the arena and locker areas will include: Roycroft Pewter (darker gray); inkwell (really dark gray); Nebulous White; Gris Morado (almost a lavender look); UA Purple; 
  • Ton of new cabling and AV wiring. New speakers. New Broadcast wiring and capacities.  New lighting, including broadcast lighting for HD. 

Updated with a few more details that D96 gleaned from the RFP.

5 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Looks like only 15 rows of seats instead of the 24 we have now

Yep, due to the re-orientation.  Also, going all chairbacks reduces capacity.  Original SEFCU capacity was 5200.  That was reduced to 4,500 (I think) with the chairbacks.  Honestly, I'd rather have a comfortable 3700 seat arena than 4500 uncomfortable seats.  If we are having issues with no ticket availability, I will be happy.  3,700 sellouts would mean we would be at the average attendance for the WEST COAST CONFERENCE.  Only 12 leagues average above 4,000.  The AE averages around 1700. The MAAC 1800. Siena is one of top attendance getters at 5000+.

• Like 3

I'm emotional...!!!!

3 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Yep, due to the re-orientation.  Also, going all chairbacks reduces capacity.  Original SEFCU capacity was 5200.  That was reduced to 4,500 (I think) with the chairbacks.  Honestly, I'd rather have a comfortable 3700 seat arena than 4500 uncomfortable seats.  If we are having issues with no ticket availability, I will be happy.  3,700 sellouts would mean we would be at the average attendance for the WEST COAST CONFERENCE.  Only 12 leagues average above 4,000.  The AE averages around 1700. The MAAC 1800. Siena is one of top attendance getters at 5000+.

This 100x

• Haha 1

I'm always thinking about the future and the long term goals. Hypothetically, all goes well over the next 15 years, the college sports world changes and we have the opportunity to become a major type program... Option 1 would be to play at MVP obviously, but anyone know how expensive it would be to raise the roof of SEFCU and add a second deck to get the capacity to the 7k area?

Obviously a dream and wishful thinking, I just fear that the program continuously thinks to small and fails to plan for the future. Obviously a smaller packed arena today is better than an empty larger arena, I just see less seats as an excuse to raise prices.

I think that renovation is the PE renovation,  not SEFCU.  Referring to the  work not the renderings.   Although I heard the gym is well underway, but knowing how the state does construction....

Edited by alum73
Added

1 hour ago, alum73 said:

I think that renovation is the PE renovation,  not SEFCU.  Referring to the  work not the renderings.   Although I heard the gym is well underway, but knowing how the state does construction....

It’s not. I read all 1800 pages of the rfp.  This is sefcu.   It’s listed on numerous NYS contract channels my company subscribes.  It’s also budgeted for 10 million plua overruns on the nys construction capital plam for fiscal year 2022-2023 and another 2.5 million in fiscal uear 2023-24

Edited by Dane96

Is there anything in there about the outside of the arena, any changes to ticketing and entrance from the SEFCU parking lot? And specifically handicap access into the arena. Currently if you park in the SEFCU lot you have to go down six steps and then thru the doors for your ticket scan. Or if you go to the handicap parking west of the PE building you have to push a wheelchair up a 120-foot ramp to the main entrance (or hold it against ice/snow downhill when leaving.) 

When the then-RACC was built my wife asked about access, the answer she got pissed her off against AD Bill Moore for a lifetime (Irish Alzheimer's - forget everything except grudges). Too late for her now, but if there's a way to improve ADA compliance it should be done now so you can amortize the financing over the life of the arena instead of something tacked on later at extra cost,

• Like 2