UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

SEFCU Reno

3 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Also, grammatically incorrect.  I didn't want to $iena on the announcement, glad someone else caught it as well.

Actually it depends.  If he's talking about the Department of Athletics, then it's grammatically correct.  If he's talking about the concept, then it it not.

8 hours ago, Dane96 said:

4. Changes- Clear statement that there will be plush, club seating in the northern corners.  This is in lieu of luxury boxes and is probably the right move.  Capacity will be right near 3,800 (something we also knew) and quite frankly other than the "sound" of the number feeling small, I'd rather have 3,800 seats in this configuration, with these amenities, then we would see with 400-1,200 more seats to get to the current 4,200 capacity and the former 5,000 capacity on gamedays.  The look and feel are more "big time" now.  I am sure they will get over 4,000 for big games.   The lockeroom looks fantastic and I am very glad (as I am sure DK and staff are) that they moved this out of the Core Construction (third on the list of UA athletic needs) to the current construction.  Massive selling point for recruits. THE TRACK IS GONE.  This leads me to believe the Air structure is close to reality, plus it looks better. 

Any chance there would be opportunity to expand capacity over time?

26 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Actually it depends.  If he's talking about the Department of Athletics, then it's grammatically correct.  If he's talking about the concept, then it it not.

Semantic argument, which in a way bodes worse for the comment.  If he was talking about Athletics as in the Department, it is arrogant to say the least...a pat on the back on how great his department is compared to others.  He didn't say "the Department of Athletics is great". 

No matter what, it is weird.

Edited by Dane96

"Athletics" can be a collective noun for all the events, like "crew" or "team", so "Athletics is Awesome" is at least defensible; you don't say "athletic" as a noun, only as an adjective.  But the purpose of the statement is questionable.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Clickclack said:

For as much crap as we all give Benson, most of it deserved, good for him for delivering this and with private funding. Impressive. 

Has NOT delivered anything definitive that I can see?  Am I missing something official.  If this was all a lock, why is the only thing I can see are deep searches from some on this blog. Not that I am doubting your findings and diligence ; but if this was all “delivered”, WHY all the secrecy—-And why not communicate/advertise. 
Also, from first reports University Gym was suppose to be COMPLETE before SEFCU started. Now I read about playing at St. Rose, Wash Armory, High Schools and even MVP/$iena???

Edited by dslyank

5 hours ago, Eli said:

We should just play at HVCC. Don't they have a pretty decent gym for our current attendance needs? Also, parking right next to it and plenty of it. 

A decent suggestion .... however, I liked to nominate the Cool Agency Arena, f/n/a Glens Falls Civic Centre, Glens Falls, NY .... a great downtown atmosphere .... a few great micro breweries nearby......also know this suggestion not likely

3 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

A decent suggestion .... however, I liked to nominate the Cool Agency Arena, f/n/a Glens Falls Civic Centre, Glens Falls, NY .... a great downtown atmosphere .... a few great micro breweries nearby......also know this suggestion not likely

Nice arena.  Use to see hockey there before River Rats came to Albany and them left. Also, high school sectionals and NYState & Federated championships their often. Wild atmosphere! LIKE your suggestion; but agree not likely. 

Also, still not sure WHY we are even talking about alternate sites. University Gym completion suppose to be prior to SEFCU "supposed" work.

5 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Also, still not sure WHY we are even talking about alternate sites. University Gym completion suppose to be prior to SEFCU "supposed" work.

This latest release says re UG "Construction for phase one of the project is set to be completed in March of 2023." So unless as suggested this is a misprint, there won't be games there this December. 

HVCC says their field house seats 3500, so I think that's a better option than Glens Falls.

I wonder if the old Albany High gym in the basement of what's to be the new School of Engineering is still around. Just to torture opposing teams and fans alike.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dslyank said:

Nice arena.  Use to see hockey there before River Rats came to Albany and them left. Also, high school sectionals and NYState & Federated championships their often. Wild atmosphere! LIKE your suggestion; but agree not likely. 

Pretty simple- supply chain issues.  My own company is telling clients that items that we have long leads typically no more than 16 weeks are now up to 68 weeks.  I am pretty positive that is causing the UG delay (if that is not a typo), in addition to the facts that you will always have delays for construction.  With the Siena/Albany game set for 2023 at SEFCU, there is ZERO doubt the school would rather play this season off campus (if indeed the UG is delayed) and get SEFCU ready for Nov 18.  Additionally, with increases in cost of goods, it was time to start the project asap.  

There is nothing to see here...it is all typical.