UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

SEFCU Reno

1 hour ago, UA1882 said:

For me it is the people who run the parking.  It's atrocious. People not knowing that you need to be a season ticket holder to go to the Sefcu lot. Holding up the line. It's really bad. Have someone out front to direct people !!!!!! It's not that hard. 

The athletic department has to see this and the fact they do nothing about it is mind boggling.  Simple things like this are the reason I dislike our AD. 

Check your messages....

1 hour ago, UA1882 said:

For me it is the people who run the parking.  It's atrocious. People not knowing that you need to be a season ticket holder to go to the Sefcu lot. Holding up the line. It's really bad. Have someone out front to direct people !!!!!! It's not that hard. 

The athletic department has to see this and the fact they do nothing about it is mind boggling.  Simple things like this are the reason I dislike our AD. 

And simply move the people scanning the tickets into the driveway a bit.  This would allow traffic to flow for those needing to get to Dutch and make left turns into the lot more feasible.

This stuff is so easy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, McFan said:

And simply move the people scanning the tickets into the driveway a bit.  This would allow traffic to flow for those needing to get to Dutch and make left turns into the lot more feasible.

This stuff is so easy.

They used to do that at the Western Ave. entrance anyway. You'd be greeted by a 'filterer' before you even got onto the loop...if you had passes you went left. If you didn't, you went right and drove all the way around campus (by Collins Circle, etc.) and then came around near Dutch.

Then they stopped doing it and started doing it at the entrance to the SEFCU lot, which, as you stated for the Dutch lot resulted in traffic galore.

Seriously. This stuff is so easy.

(This was prior to COVID - not sure how it was last season)

For the Syracuse Lacrosse game they went back to the hanging pass from the mirror and had them screened @  Bob Ford Blvd like they did for football and before the parking pass was moved to the phone. With the pass on the window it was easy for guide/guard to point fans left to SEFCU, right to Dutch. By putting parking on the phones too small to read and a backups on Ford Blvd would be bad.

Either way parking has not been handled well for years.

2 hours ago, Eli said:

Siena can kick rocks. Home and home, regardless of if there are 100 seats, 3,500 seats or 30,000 seats.

At least whoever of the Siena faithful show up .... our accommodations will be better then the MVP Arena, which is now very dated .... and uncomfortable seating to boot.

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

At least whoever of the Siena faithful show up .... our accommodations will be better then the MVP Arena, which is now very dated .... and uncomfortable seating to boot.

As long as the result is a LCC loss in either building the LCC "faithful" will still be very uncomfortable and full of excuses. ( if the last decade of history is repeated) 😂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, olddog71 said:

With the increased comfort in seating and the more limited number of available tickets, do you think that attending a game at SEFCU will now become kind of a "hot ticket?" Will these improvements actually increase attendance? 

I'm sure part of the intent is to increase attendance; whether it does or not is the $11,000,000 question. Of course recruiting, better results and numerous other reasons go into the design; including cost factors, etc. etc.

As for your specific question will reduced & more comfortable seating create a greater demand for seats, I hope so. All other thoughts and opinions WELCOMED!

My honest opinion is..... maybe a little. .. 

The first couple of years with it being new I would assume attendance will be up. But unless we put a better team on the court, and maybe a new conference,  I don't see a huge jump in attendance overall. 

Plus I hope Albany does not get cute and raise prices.  If anything they should lower prices, get people in the door,  have a good time,  and raise them gradually. But I have no confidence that will happen.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Plus I hope Albany does not get cute and raise prices.  If anything they should lower prices, get people in the door,  have a good time,  and raise them gradually. But I have no confidence that will happen.  

This is the key right here folks.

• Like 1