UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

7 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Barring an absolutely shocking display by the playoff committee, Albany just punched its playoff ticket.

Next week (and each week thereafter) is huge.  A win next week and a Delaware loss, and Albany has a shot at a seed with the outright conference title. 

Obsolutely, another win and we should be seeded, have a 1st round bye, and get a favorable matchup with a team from a lesser conference at home.  Unlike 2019, where we did get a easy matchup vs CCSU, but then  on a long road trip to Montana St., a seeded team.  Need to play better vs Monmouth though, a bit sloppy today.

23 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

FUnniest part...I am moaning that we haven't played well (and we haven't), yet Reese is 20-28 for 247yds and 4 TDs, and Stony Brook has basically managed 2 FGs.

LOL, we are spoiled this year. 

Just like announcer Sam Kornhauser (former SBU coach) said we hadn't seen the high-powered Albany offense today - just as we were about to up our point total to 38

3 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Is the best they can do a tie? or if Villanova and WM win, do the Danes get it because they beat Nova?

Correct, we win the CAA. 

Monmouth WILL NOT be easy, yet we will take the title if we win and Delaware loses.  That simple. 

Had fun with my son at the game. Weather wasn't bad for the most part (got a little cold at the end). Nice UA following at the game.

Biggest thing...O-Line needs to be stronger. Poffenbarger was scrambling a lot. Luckily it was Stony Brook. Also Poffenbarger needs to be careful with some of his throws. Obviously that pick-6 was bad in the 1st quarter. But he had at least 2-3 other passes that could have been snatched (one was def. going for 6 if the defender got it). However, can't get on him going 20/28 and throwing 4 TD's. However, come playoffs, good teams will capitalize on both of these.

With Woodell, again hard to get on him while rushing for 136 yards, but I don't get why they try rushing him to the outside. Every time, besides maybe his TD, he went outside and was gaining at best 1-2 yards from my perspective. To me, let him find the seems and go, which he did really well.

Was my first UA football game in a loooooooooooooooong time. Glad to watch UA football and not be pissed. Monmouth is always a pain in the ass. Let's finish strong and at least get the banner, co-champion or full blown champion.

50 minutes ago, GreatDanes06 said:

Had fun with my son at the game. Weather wasn't bad for the most part (got a little cold at the end). Nice UA following at the game.

Biggest thing...O-Line needs to be stronger. Poffenbarger was scrambling a lot. Luckily it was Stony Brook. Also Poffenbarger needs to be careful with some of his throws. Obviously that pick-6 was bad in the 1st quarter. But he had at least 2-3 other passes that could have been snatched (one was def. going for 6 if the defender got it). However, can't get on him going 20/28 and throwing 4 TD's. However, come playoffs, good teams will capitalize on both of these.

With Woodell, again hard to get on him while rushing for 136 yards, but I don't get why they try rushing him to the outside. Every time, besides maybe his TD, he went outside and was gaining at best 1-2 yards from my perspective. To me, let him find the seems and go, which he did really well.

Was my first UA football game in a loooooooooooooooong time. Glad to watch UA football and not be pissed. Monmouth is always a pain in the ass. Let's finish strong and at least get the banner, co-champion or full blown champion.

That pick 6 in the first QTR was bad as it hung in the air for an hour. We saw that pick coming from the sidelines. A better opponent would have capitalized on the momentum swing. The offense played OK (I know, we are spoiled) and will need to be much better(safer). I think it was a case of playing a really bad SBU team and taking them lightly. They were bloody awful. I think Chuck's days may be numbered. GreatDane06 hit the nail on the head OL MUST play better as MU has a much better defense.

Shut down MU's all world RB and play smart on offense and we win! A  really good UA following at the game with several guys including myself from the leather helmet era!!