UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB - Game 2 - OOC - Columbia University, SCHILLER COURT AT LEVIEN GYMNASIUM, New York, NY November 11, 2023, at 7:00 PM

Watching the game late, 3 things stand out to me, just how much faster they got into their offence, how quickly the ball moved to find the open man and how much they ran on misses and makes. Sebastian Thomas gives this team something they haven't had for years, a true PG. He's been impressive in the two games so far. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

Couple of short observations:

Obviously a much better game than last.  

Thomas: excellent player. Can really help. 

Marshall: played well, a little out of control at times but a good player.  

Beagle: again played very well.  Really our only big.  Newton can rebound but brought nothing offensively this game.  

Bertram can shoot and jackson made 2 huge hussle plays. 

Overall the core of Thomas, Beagle, Marshall, Bertram, and Neely may be ok.  Others on the bench can help out.  

We had a hard time getting stops late, which needs to be cleaned up. 

But a road win and great and need to keep building.  

• Like 1

Only thing that annoyed me was team got flustered and lead to bad shots. Columbia was playing much better and UA felt it had to rush and take really bad long range shots quick to try and re-up the lead. That lead to Columbia coming on even stronger. If they can avoid that kind of play, I liked what I saw. Thomas is a solid guard for us. Easily a 20 pt avg. scorer a night. If him or Beagle have an off night, they can be good complimentary to each other. If they are both on, like last night...victory.

12 hours ago, jimbo said:

Little and Reddish need to start performing. 

Reddish pretty much a mystery once again this year. Played hardly or not at all in the second half. Not sure why Little starts, not sure what if anything he adds to this team?? {maybe he just needs to play himself into shape and get some confidence??}

Need another BIG to spell Beagle! Think Newton too small. Would think Filien a better option at least to hold the fort defensively and add senior experience/leadership when Beagle needs a blow or foul trouble?? Maybe throw the seven footer in to at least take up space??

Edited by dslyank

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Maybe throw the seven footer in to at least take up space??

Giralt is redshirting, and has not practiced at all. In fact, he may never play again. They discovered a heart condition when he arrived on campus. Very sad, as he is a talented kid.

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, jimbo said:

Better first half. Might be the competition or perhaps better execution. Little and Reddish need to start performing. 

Playing little makes no sense...he's one of the worst offensive guard/wings I've ever seen. He just can't make a shot to save his life. His orating is so bad that it makes him unplayable...his numbers don't lie. Every time out it's 4 on 5 on offense. 

I really don't understand why he plays...his defense is ok.

3 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Giralt is redshirting, and has not practiced at all. In fact, he may never play again. They discovered a heart condition when he arrived on campus. Very sad, as he is a talented kid.

Ughh...feel terrible for him. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Makes you wonder, why this was not caught sooner and how did are staff realize there was a problem?

9 hours ago, GreatDanes06 said:

Only thing that annoyed me was team got flustered and lead to bad shots. Columbia was playing much better and UA felt it had to rush and take really bad long range shots quick to try and re-up the lead. That lead to Columbia coming on even stronger. If they can avoid that kind of play, I liked what I saw. Thomas is a solid guard for us. Easily a 20 pt avg. scorer a night. If him or Beagle have an off night, they can be good complimentary to each other. If they are both on, like last night...victory.

Yes, I'm happy that UA got the win, but I'm still pessimistic about the season. In Division I times UA has beat Columbia 8 out of 8 times. They're supposed to be an easy win. The fact that the margin of victory was only 3 points is telling. Yes, I know it was a road game. I hope I'm wrong about the season.

• Like 1