UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs Siena

Good game guys..Hymes carried Siena in the first half, OD in the second. I will admit we were lucky to only be down 8 at halftime. Downey and Hymes both banked shots in and we get some friendly bounces. In the second half- I thought Mitch outcoached Will Brown. I'm no Mitch fan but he had a solid gameplan tonight. Good luck the rest of the way- I'm sure you'll be a top 3 team in the AE.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a freaking absolute ABBORTION... Hey at least we have that Utah win right? First coach to utter an excuse should be fired on the spot... Where were the adjustments, why didn't we run two people at Anosike... No half adjustment even though it was obvious in the first half that the momentum shifted... I have a lot on my mind as to the future of this program... Spinning our wheels in mediocrity is no place to move forward... Need to think long and hard what to do and what direction to go. It's not just this loss but we consistently over the years fall asleep or get outcoached in the second half...

Please don't take offense but I think this is a bit of an over reaction. Although I do agree with what you are saying I don't see this team "spinning our wheels in mediocrity" at 4-4 right now. We've played some very good games and a couple of stinkers. George Mason and tonight. This happened to be a bad one but I think exposed an area that is a big concern going forward. Our lack of any sort of low post presence on offense, defense and rebounding.

What a freaking absolute ABBORTION... Hey at least we have that Utah win right? First coach to utter an excuse should be fired on the spot... Where were the adjustments, why didn't we run two people at Anosike... No half adjustment even though it was obvious in the first half that the momentum shifted... I have a lot on my mind as to the future of this program... Spinning our wheels in mediocrity is no place to move forward... Need to think long and hard what to do and what direction to go. It's not just this loss but we consistently over the years fall asleep or get outcoached in the second half...

Please don't take offense but I think this is a bit of an over reaction. Although I do agree with what you are saying I don't see this team "spinning our wheels in mediocrity" at 4-4 right now. We've played some very good games and a couple of stinkers. George Mason and tonight. This happened to be a bad one but I think exposed an area that is a big concern going forward. Our lack of any sort of low post presence on offense, defense and rebounding.

No offense taken, two winning season speaks for itself...in a decade! Poor performance by him in the presser as well, he clearly is hurting. I feel for the guy on a personal level but he got his ass handed to him by Mitch. Absolutely HANDED to him...

Just read the post on Unranked AE and it probably says what I thought about this game a lot better than I could have.

I like this team and I like Coach Brown but the Siena coaching staff, Anosike and Hymes ate our lunch tonight.They were smarter and tougher. I'm not sure at what point we stopped attacking and started passing the ball around the perimeter for 25 seconds. That was exactly the way Siena needed us to play to win this game and we obliged.

Out coached

Out played

Out hustled

That said for first time I believe that this game must alternate at each teams home court

Or end of story

Agree with all except for "first time" in the last sentence. Even with better seats there were still $ienaheads around. When I got there the clown next to me said I was in the wrong seat. I said he was in the wrong seat. He said he sits there for all the games and I said this is the only game here that matters.

Those that I talked to at half time knew I was concerned. This was the first and only time I will see LCC play this year. They looked real bad. Yet we lost to them. Virtually no rebounds in the second half. Too many missed layups.

Just read the post on Unranked AE and it probably says what I thought about this game a lot better than I could have.

I like this team and I like Coach Brown but the Siena coaching staff, Anosike and Hymes ate our lunch tonight.They were smarter and tougher. I'm not sure at what point we stopped attacking and started passing the ball around the perimeter for 25 seconds. That was exactly the way Siena needed us to play to win this game and we obliged.

That might be the hardest thing of all to take. Really all it should take is being alive to be smarter than $iena.

Disaster.

1. Can the coaches stop saying its just another game? Maybe saying its a big game would help.

2. Why did we stop pressing and running?

3. Our rebounding was non existent.

4. Why don't we attack a press? Ever? We are guard oriented team and yet we seem happy to get it across half court.

Agreed, honestly I'm fuming how badly we folded starting really at the end of the first half. This is a troubling trend, Navy comes to mind this season.

I'm embarrassed...in years past when they had Moore, Franklin, Ubiles, Kenny we were the dog because they had a ton more talent...With the exception of OD and Hymes none of those kids over there would start at UA but yet they took it to us.

Some of you guys have to come off the ledge before you kill yourself.

First Off Siena scored 64pt including 6 pts off banked threes. (Defensively 58pts is adequate to win even this game actually 56 if there is no Flagarant on Black).

Siena gets a flagarant "T" called on Mike Black when we have the ball in our offensive end and he's gaetting hacked (2 points and possession to Siena)

UA went to the Free throw line 5 that's right 5 times

Coming into this game UA gets to the FT line avg 25 FT attempts a game. It wasn't like we didn't get hit a little.

UA gives up a big first half lead ( partially because of two banked threes)

We came out and started the second half getting 4 layups in its 1st 5 possessions and comes away with no baskets and zero FTs.

Like it or not we have to live with some of Suero's shortcomings he just learning the game. he's just a raw talent right now.

It's also evident that Puk and Devlin aren't near 100% ready to play. I really feel for Luke with out them we have only 1 guy bigger then 6'5"

Extremely disappointing loss, a terrible loss but our real weakness was exposed - we got killed by not being able to body up on Walters and OD and they overpowered us on the glass

This is a game we should have won - lets see what happens from here.

Some of you guys have to come off the ledge before you kill yourself.

First Off Siena scored 64pt including 6 pts off banked threes. (Defensively 58pts is adequate to win even this game actually 56 if there is no Flagarant on Black).

Siena gets a flagarant "T" called on Mike Black when we have the ball in our offensive end and he's gaetting hacked (2 points and possession to Siena)

UA went to the Free throw line 5 that's right 5 times

Coming into this game UA gets to the FT line avg 25 FT attempts a game. It wasn't like we didn't get hit a little.

UA gives up a big first half lead ( partially because of two banked threes)

We came out and started the second half getting 4 layups in its 1st 5 possessions and comes away with no baskets and zero FTs.

Like it or not we have to live with some of Suero's shortcomings he just learning the game. he's just a raw talent right now.

It's also evident that Puk and Devlin aren't near 100% ready to play. I really feel for Luke with out them we have only 1 guy bigger then 6'5"

Extremely disappointing loss, a terrible loss but our real weakness was exposed - we got killed by not being able to body up on Walters and OD and they overpowered us on the glass

This is a game we should have won - lets see what happens from here.

No excuse for what just happened...NONE!

Agreed, honestly I'm fuming how badly we folded starting really at the end of the first half. This is a troubling trend, Navy comes to mind this season.

I'm embarrassed...in years past when they had Moore, Franklin, Ubiles, Kenny we were the dog because they had a ton more talent...With the exception of OD and Hymes none of those kids over there would start at UA but yet they took it to us.

Hymes wouldn't start for Siena if it weren't for injuries. Two of their bigs are ineligible. And they took it to us.

Archived