UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

NCAA Tourney: vs. Mount St. Mary's -- Tues @ 6:40PM

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two questions about last night's game -

anyone know why 3 of our players were asleep on that rebound off a foul shot??

and I was at the NYC viewing party and could not hear all the commentary, so can anyone explain the traveling call on rowley when he was inbounding the ball after TV timeout in second half?

Two questions about last night's game -

anyone know why 3 of our players were asleep on that rebound off a foul shot??

and I was at the NYC viewing party and could not hear all the commentary, so can anyone explain the traveling call on rowley when he was inbounding the ball after TV timeout in second half?

It was a 'spot' throwin. You can only move on the baseline after a made shot, otherwise you have to stand still just as if you were inbounds.

Random thing from the game last night. Before it started Puk was speaking with the Refs at center court. Then he ran into the locker room. When he came out his hair was hanging half down in the back. They made him take his bobby pins out. Must be something not legal to wear.

I was at a sports bar in Atlanta for most of the first half and it was playing on almost every TV screen.

Where'd you watch the game? I was at Taco Mac in the Highlands since I'm here on business.

What's the best place to find a rebroadcast? I want to rewatch the game without bar distractions.

I was at a sports bar in Atlanta for most of the first half and it was playing on almost every TV screen.

Where'd you watch the game? I was at Taco Mac in the Highlands since I'm here on business.

What's the best place to find a rebroadcast? I want to rewatch the game without bar distractions.

Right on the March Madness website...you can rewatch all games.

Right on the March Madness website...you can rewatch all games.

I posted the link maybe on page 11 or 10 I think.

Taco Mac actually! In Alpharetta. Did they show the game in the Highlands?

Just to re-enforce what a BIG win this was. In the NIT, Robert Morris (who Mount St. Mary's beat for the the Nec title) beat St Johns by 11. All AmEast teams (including ex AmEast team BU [who won 24 games as a Patriot team] lost in their lesser post season tournaments. Every maac team except for $hitiena {who got a mail-in win from brook} has been ousted from post season, except Manhattan who surely will not last long.

Call it a first four or play-in, if you want; but it was BIG.

College basketball fans continue to warm up to the First Four, as truTV delivered the highest-rated and most-viewed NCAA First Four opening night ever since the current format began in 2011. The NC State/Xavier matchup drew an average of 1.7 million total viewers and a 1.1 household score to rank as the most-viewed and highest-rated NCAA First Four telecast of all time, up 42% over the comparable game in 2013, according to Nielsen Fast Nationals. Together with the opening game of the doubleheader pitting Albany/Mount St. Mary's, the telecasts averaged 1.4 million total viewers and a 0.9 HH rating, up 22% and 29%, respectively, over the comparable doubleheader last year.

Oooooh. Someone else here reads Cynopsis as well. On another if my favorite notes. Damien was voted best mascot again. This time by SI.

Yeah- it's time to put that Dane on everything. There are few other things that get us this kind of publicity—short of winning later :)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/photos/1403/top-16-mascots-ncaa-tournament/

Heres the article. Bummed that they didn't refer to him by name.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/photos/1403/top-16-mascots-ncaa-tournament/

I misread it. They voted him #16. And also noted that we should alternately reference Scooby Doo, which I've suggested calling us the Scoobies as our version of the secondary name, like the Auburn War Eagle. Think about it this way. There are famous dogs all over the breed spectrum. Lassie was a collie, Snoopy a beagle, Goofy is a...harrier beagle..but Great Danes have TWO famous members.

Marmaduke and Scooby-Doo.

Ok, I'm really reaching here.