UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Home Opener: vs. Rhode Island

Also, the pregame buffet was very nice however the school needs to do better with signs, etc. because I had no idea where the student ticket table was until I talked to James himself.

There were huge signs for everything. They can't handhold people lol.Maybe it was near the Beer Garden sign at the SEFCU.. ;)

It was a good start for a crappy weather game. People stayed pretty well in the rain. Once the lights went out people bailed. Heard it was a computer timer glitch. Love the uniforms and helmets...and it was cool to see the guy propose to his girlfriend, very neat someone would do that at BOFO. Not sure if the attendance was announced but we heard sales around 6k.

Stayed through 21-0 and then the rain began to pick up and my wife's patience ended…LOL. So we slogged up the Northway while Roger on 980 described the sudden

blackout. The uniforms looked decent, but they probably would have looked better on a nice day. Boy we have a stable of receivers! A few drops on crossing patterns. Nice TE TD on a drag route.

Croskey runs eerily like Omar, but with less side-to-side moves and a better burst. He's going to break some. Hanks did not get much of a chance today. Hard hitting by defense and good strategy to short kick-offs due

to URI returner. Crook looks good and the planned runs add a little more for the opposing D to worry about. Great win! JMU destroyed Lehigh today so next week will be a good

test of where we are this year.

Also, the pregame buffet was very nice however the school needs to do better with signs, etc. because I had no idea where the student ticket table was until I talked to James himself.

There were huge signs for everything. They can't handhold people lol.Maybe it was near the Beer Garden sign at the SEFCU.. ;)

It was a good start for a crappy weather game. People stayed pretty well in the rain. Once the lights went out people bailed. Heard it was a computer timer glitch. Love the uniforms and helmets...and it was cool to see the guy propose to his girlfriend, very neat someone would do that at BOFO. Not sure if the attendance was announced but we heard sales around 6k.

Not sure if you're calling me blind or what...

There was absolutely ZERO signage telling me where to go from the SEFCU steps near the Fallon Field enterance. I forgot my season ticket stub, but as a student, I didn't care as I get let in for free due to my student ID. Then I just go sit in my normal seat.

I came up to the box office on the Fallon Field side (north) and there was a hand written sign taped to a cone saying for students to go to the south end of the building to swipe in. I got to the south end and didn't see a single sign telling me where the student ticket table was. I asked the girl at will call and she pointed aimlessly somewhere behind her. So I went to the next table, which ended up being the food vendor's table for people who don't have meal plans (more on that in a bit). They had no clue either, so I finally went inside the 'pregame' area and went to get food and found out because I didn't have student meal plan I had to go back to Table #2 and pay there, then come back to the buffet tents to get food. Don't know if I missed this because I was so focused on figuring out where the student ticket table was or what, but I didn't see any signs saying to pay at the Sodexo table first before entering IF you didn't have a meal plan. I did hear other people mumbling and trying to figure out where to go, so I guess I wasn't the only one.

While back at the Sodexo table I saw James and asked him where the student ticket table was and he told me where. It was INSIDE the pregame area (not before it - which I found odd - why not put it right next to Will Call?). No other signs up to that point. Then, after getting my ticket finally, I went to the buffet tents to get food (the burger and pulled pork was excellent).

I felt like a chicken with it's head cut off, walking back and forth.

Again, something for them to build on.

--------------------------------

As for the game itself, Crook looked excellent. Those back corner endzone throws were things of beauty. The competition sucked, so we'll see how we look against JMU.

Edited by Ilko

Not sure if the attendance was announced but we heard sales around 6k.

It was great seeing the team just line up and run the play, instead of lining up, checking the defense, then Fiacchi backing off, looking to the bench, calling the new play, lining up again and then run it.

OTOH not only did the tv timeouts take forever, the stripes spent way too much time getting their own act together. Unless it just seemed that way in the rain.

• Like 1

The CAA simulcast of the game was very good. A free feed with actual announcers. I was afraid it would be just video and I would be stuck trying to match up a radio broadcast for audio. Pleasantly surprised.

The team looked great. The uniforms are a big step up. Make them permanent.

6081 is a good crowd. Anyone watching the weather during the week probably stayed away. It was almost 100% chance of heavy rain durning the game the whole week.

the drones were flying around the tailgate so I'm hopeful we'll have another cool commercial for local TV.

• Like 1

Sorry about being Debbie Downer; but I was very disappointed in the attendance. I understand the excuses, but actually the weather report a few days earlier was very positive. It was not until Friday that rain predictions were moved from Sunday AM to possibly Saturday afternoon/night. We simply need MORE community involvement. It seems many of our games year in and year out suffer from holiday conflicts. But the bottom line is weather and holidays are "excuses", which need to be overcome, not accepted.

I also agree with IIko about poor signage. I arrived about 2:30 just to wander and look around. I had no intention of eating dinner or lunch at that hour, but looking around I was totally unable to figure out the community pay/eating arrangements or the student section. I suppose I could have asked someone, but that would be like stopping at a gas station for directions {which real men don't do}.

I HATE the uniforms. MY opinion they make the players look small; but more importantly they minimize Not advertise UALBANY. I am obviously no designer or fashioneasta, but if it was up to me I would SPLASH UA, Damien or whatever loudly and as Fuccilla would say HUGEEEEGA!!!!

BY the way it was a great game. I left after the power failure delay--previous commitment not weather or holiday related.

Edited by dslyank

Not sure if you're calling me blind or what...

There was absolutely ZERO signage telling me where to go from the SEFCU steps near the Fallon Field enterance. I forgot my season ticket stub, but as a student, I didn't care as I get let in for free due to my student ID. Then I just go sit in my normal seat.

I came up to the box office on the Fallon Field side (north) and there was a hand written sign taped to a cone saying for students to go to the south end of the building to swipe in. I got to the south end and didn't see a single sign telling me where the student ticket table was. I asked the girl at will call and she pointed aimlessly somewhere behind her. So I went to the next table, which ended up being the food vendor's table for people who don't have meal plans (more on that in a bit). They had no clue either, so I finally went inside the 'pregame' area and went to get food and found out because I didn't have student meal plan I had to go back to Table #2 and pay there, then come back to the buffet tents to get food. Don't know if I missed this because I was so focused on figuring out where the student ticket table was or what, but I didn't see any signs saying to pay at the Sodexo table first before entering IF you didn't have a meal plan. I did hear other people mumbling and trying to figure out where to go, so I guess I wasn't the only one.

While back at the Sodexo table I saw James and asked him where the student ticket table was and he told me where. It was INSIDE the pregame area (not before it - which I found odd - why not put it right next to Will Call?). No other signs up to that point. Then, after getting my ticket finally, I went to the buffet tents to get food (the burger and pulled pork was excellent).

I felt like a chicken with it's head cut off, walking back and forth.

Again, something for them to build on.

--------------------------------

As for the game itself, Crook looked excellent. Those back corner endzone throws were things of beauty. The competition sucked, so we'll see how we look against JMU.

I saw the tent and sign next to the South Box Office that said Student Tickets.

I have to agree with dyslink for the first time. The uniforms were a disappointment. The numbers were invisible. Poorly designed by someone who never went to a football game. The gray uniforms are like the men's bb grays. just plan ugly. Everyone around us said the same thing--I hope they got them for free because no one would pay for them.