UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: vs. UNH 2/11

Yeah that last shot of UNH's wasn't a foul.

As for Will's explanation, still silly. You'd be better of doing an inbounds lob pass to the basket than take a VERY contested 3 with a bigger defender against your 2nd smallest player on the team.

The good news is we probably play these guys again in the AmEast and it SHOULD BE @ UA. unh has been so close to beating us the last 4 times; and I would rather it be now than in the AmEast. The %ages were with unh to win ONE [if you believe that type of thing]. I still like our chances when we play them again @ home in the tournament. I am actually more confident than if we would have won the close ONE tonight. Of course if we had blown them out, I would have felt even better.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

How about Sanders on the steal with 32 sec left? Anyone else here thought he should have pulled it out and played for last shot? Thought that was a mistake. He took a well contested layup and was lucky to draw that foul call.

I think he made the right play. Go for the lead and then make them beat you on offense (which they did.)

The no time out has worked in the past...one that comes to mind is Evan drilling the three last year at UVM when Vermont didn't get a chance to set up the D freeing him up. Not going to second guess it now. Just wish they would have attacked the rim and not settled.

Another time was Mike Black driving for the winning layup vs. Stony Brook in the conf. semifinal in 2013

• Like 1

Will Brown was pissed during the post game interview with the radio guys. Was yelling at someone from the conference about the last call on Rowley that gave UNH the foul shot that won the game. Said game should be in OT right now. He also gave UNH a lot of credit for how they played, said they deserved to win.

• Like 1

How about Sanders on the steal with 32 sec left? Anyone else here thought he should have pulled it out and played for last shot? Thought that was a mistake. He took a well contested layup and was lucky to draw that foul call.

Agree with pulling it out, then again we just got burnt at the end. Put ourselves in a position to win a game we didn't have control of for 95% of it.

It was certainly an option. Taking it all the way wasn't wrong, just feel pulling it out may have been a better option. Why even give them a chance to tie or take the lead? Either win it or take your chances in OT with all the momentum from coming back from 8 down. Oh well, hindsight anyway.