UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2018-19

Received NEW monthly basketball news letter today by email. If you did not receive and would like to:

"Dear Friends of UAlbany Basketball,

Good afternoon!  We have decided to start a monthly men's basketball newsletter to keep everyone informed as to what is going on in our program.  Attached is the newsletter for the month of October.  If you know of anyone who would like to be added to the e-mail list please have them reach out to our Director of Basketball Operations Ty Conyers at tconyers@albany.edu or they can contact me at wbrown@albany.edu.  We are very excited about the upcoming season and we are looking forward to seeing you at the SEFCU Arena!  Thanks."

The news letter is in PDF which I did not copy here, but could attach to an email if someone wants to see it but cannot get in touch with Ty Conyers.

The news letter also mentions an open scrimmage Sunday 10/14. A time is not listed. This maybe in lieu of the purple gold scrimmage??

51 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Received NEW monthly basketball news letter today by email. If you did not receive and would like to:

The news letter also mentions an open scrimmage Sunday 10/14. A time is not listed. This maybe in lieu of the purple gold scrimmage??

Just noting the newsletter says "open practice" not "open scrimmage."

1 hour ago, UA1882 said:

Does anyone know what time the open practice is on the 14th? Thanks 

"Sounds good. The open practice will be from 11am-2pm.  Thanks!

Ty Conyers
Director of Basketball Operations
University at Albany
1400 Washington Ave, PE 326
Albany, NY 12222
Cell: (917) 515-1781"

7 minutes ago, dslyank said:

"Sounds good. The open practice will be from 11am-2pm.  Thanks!

Ty Conyers
Director of Basketball Operations
University at Albany
1400 Washington Ave, PE 326
Albany, NY 12222
Cell: (917) 515-1781"

Thanks . Did I miss something or did they fail to put that anywhere in the email?? 

1 hour ago, Eli said:

I think it's ridiculous there is no Purple and Gold game this year. We're going backwards not forwards by cancelling it. One year they had pizza...that year was the best. 

Agreed. Admin thinks we are a football school so we don't get a P&G game cuz noone cares about basketball, but we have 4-5 years more of our winning coach Gattuso... ?.

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MRSGDG said:

Agreed. Admin thinks we are a football school so we don't get a P&G game cuz noone cares about basketball, but we have 4-5 years more of our winning coach Gattuso... ?.

If Mark Benson (or anyone else in sports admin) thinks this is a football school ... I must have missed something ...  I do feel that the long term dedicated fans are being ignored and taken for granted. Basketball has and will be number one ... Sorry my lacrosse friends 

Edited by cwdickens
Missed something

2 hours ago, MRSGDG said:

This 1000%...look no further then leadership as to why there is no dedicated event. 

Benson is working hard at getting himself fired...so sick and tired of his crap and his warped priorities. Let's ignore a program that keeps winning 20+ and continue to pour resources into Greg Gattusos program. That's the winning ticket... 

I know we can't get rid of patsos light but Benson needs to be looked at. 

Edited by Clickclack

2 hours ago, MRSGDG said:

For all of the supposed donations the guy has managed to get the school (not clue if we can attribute things like Mary & Casey donation to him directly or not), he has had some serious blunders with fan policy, etc. Cancelling P&G is just another instance of his ineptitude as an administrator. 

McElroy wasn't great at fund raising, but the athletics part of our programs was KILLIN it. 

I used to think Benson was an upgrade but now I'm not so sure. 

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

If Mark Benson (or anyone else in sports admin) thinks this is a football school ... I must have missed something ...  I do feel that the long term dedicated fans are being ignored and taken for granted. Basketball has and will be number one ... Sorry my lacrosse friends 

I know they believe we are a football school. Heard its been said. I think most fans and those who have been fans or affiliated with school for more than a few years would disagree with them (newer admin). 

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Eli said:

For all of the supposed donations the guy has managed to get the school (not clue if we can attribute things like Mary & Casey donation to him directly or not), he has had some serious blunders with fan policy, etc. Cancelling P&G is just another instance of his ineptitude as an administrator. 

McElroy wasn't great at fund raising, but the athletics part of our programs was KILLIN it. 

I used to think Benson was an upgrade but now I'm not so sure. 

The donation was due to the pre existing  Foundation relationships, not Athletics. 

• Like 2