UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Is WNYT and Roger Wyland creating "Fake" news?

OK ... in my opinion Roger Wyland seemed gleeful reporting a possible Will Brown interest in the Siena position.  This continues, in my opinion, his recent hyping of stories is for the attention and ratings.  He serves no one but himself. What do you for think?

I think he is a typical reporter.  He has been around the capital region for decades and therefore has many sources. 

Of course he does it for the ratings.  He has radio show on ESPN as well as the top rated local news station.  That equals money. A lot of money.  The more followers the more money.  

That being said I truly like him. He pays a lot of attention to local sports and I think he does a very good job.  I enjoy listening to his radio show. 

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

OK ... in my opinion Roger Wyland seemed gleeful reporting a possible Will Brown interest in the Siena position.  This continues, in my opinion, his recent hyping of stories is for the attention and ratings.  He serves no one but himself. What do you for think?

He burned bridges with breaking the nichols cremo stuff... Snake. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Roger seems to think Brown, very interested in $iena job. I can not possibly believe this to be true???? it would be a lateral move @ best.  I do not see any upside for Brown.  Am I missing something? Is Roger just throwing out "fake news" as some have suggested? Or does Brown really have an interest?????????

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Roger seems to think Brown, very interested in $iena job. I can not possibly believe this to be true???? it would be a lateral move @ best.  I do not see any upside for Brown.  Am I missing something? Is Roger just throwing out "fake news" as some have suggested? Or does Brown really have an interest?????????

Only upside I see would be an extra $150K if they bump him enough to keep up with Iona’s salary for Cluess - if they can afford it.

10 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Only upside I see would be an extra $150K if they bump him enough to keep up with Iona’s salary for Cluess - if they can afford it.

Their MBB budget is significantly higher than UA's as well...hence resources. Our MBB athletic budget is at 1.9million, theirs is at 3.1million. This is the only thing that concerns me. 

Edited by Clickclack

11 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Their MBB budget is significantly higher than UA's as well...hence resources. 

And yet they created a circus rather than pay the outstanding balance on patsos contact.

So it is certainly fair to question their resources 

Edited by bob87

Wyland seems to still be pushing for Brown to Siena. If there wasn't a grain of truth, why would he push it? Is there a financial benefit for him and one of his stations if Brown jumps? 

While i would hate it, It potentially makes sense for Brown. A small bump in pay, could negotiate more control, a larger budget, more outside opps for income with LCCs donor base, and he doesn't need to uproot his family. 

Please don't go Will. If you must go, don't go to LCC. I'd hate to move you from friend to foe/enemy.

Edited by godanesgo99

Rodger said, on his radio show this morning, that Will is no longer a candidate for the Siena job. He seemed to imply that D’Argenio was totally against hiring Will. 

Edited by PurpleHoops
Typo