UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Welcome MBB Head Coach Dwayne Killings!

And need I remind anyone, we've beaten the $iena out of them for a decade, the days of them dictating terms to an institution by orders of magnitude larger than them, with a far better overall athletic department etc. ended like 15 years ago! 

Albany needs to know its place and conversely, Siena needs to know their place. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Clickclack said:

The fact that you think playing at the TUC is about fans is pretty laughable man...LOL

10k+ fans for a “mid major” game i don’t think is laughable. And again I said it’s just where the game should be played, take away the money aspect that Siena makes from ticket sales. Take down the banners, put up an Albany cup logo down can cover everything Siena up, etc.

never once did I say let’s go play a true road game there where they can profit on everything

8 minutes ago, ZLK said:

Again, hypotheticals. I'm being realistic. If we won our conference the same way we'd be happy right?

Yes I’d be happy but I wouldn’t think we were unbeatable by a crosstown rival.

Edited by McFan

13 minutes ago, ZLK said:

Again, hypotheticals. I'm being realistic. If we won our conference the same way we'd be happy right?

Most would be unhappy with an Albany first round conference tournament loss and 11 years since last ncaa tournament appearance if it was Albany

Edited by bob87
  • Like 1

Just now, bob87 said:

Most would be unhappy with a first round conference tournament loss and 11 years since last ncaa tournament appearance 

Yesterday, I was looking at the number of Siena coaches that have come and go....the one other thing that stood out Siena not in NCAA tournament for 11 years ... right on Bob87

5 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Hot take #2...

You get fans into SEFCU, by winning regular season championships!

Hot Take #3  Winning the Automatic qualifier...the America East Championship in the SEFCU Arena ...sellout every time 

Edited by cwdickens
clarification
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Clickclack said:

You know how you start losing a fan base? Take even one step back from what Coach Brown demanded. He needs to understand that.

DK is right.  A rising tide lifts all and friendly competition would raise the profile of both schools. Look up the history of MGM studios about how they developed an industry through cooperative competition. 

Few people get rich based on principles alone.  That being said there needs to be equity in the final decision. 

5 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Hot Take #3  Winning the Automatic qualifier...the America East Championship in the SEFCU Arena ...sellout every time 

Well, in order to get to host the championship you'd have to win the regular season championship first. Unless I'm missing something there 🤨

7 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Well, in order to get to host the championship you'd have to win the regular season championship first. Unless I'm missing something there 🤨

Yeah. Missing things. Other seeds have hosted. 2 seeds, even a 4 this year. Shouldn't have to choice regular season or conference tournament. Goal should be to compete for both. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bob87 said:

Yeah. Missing things. Other seeds have hosted. 2 seeds, even a 4 this year. Shouldn't have to choice regular season or conference tournament. Goal should be to compete for both. 

As things go the more wins in conference play ... the better the seed ... higher seed better chance to host the second Saturday in March....example above by Bob87