UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Welcome MBB Head Coach Dwayne Killings!

1 minute ago, McFan said:

People get way too caught in thinking that the people on this board represent the whole UA BB fan community.  We are the die hards.  I really think the larger UA BB community is not as concerned as this group is w/ where the game is played.  Ask the casual UA fan or the casual BB fan where it should be played.  Take the purple glasses off for a minute. It was an event at the TU.  10+K people.  Bars and restaurants filled.  It introduced local people to UA hoops.  It introduced Siena fans (not necessarily alum) to UA hoops.  Those games were good for us.  They were good for the community.  Split the arena and have it at the TU (dead horse, sorry) and beat them every year.  Win the local fans over.  Show them that Siena is a second rate program.  

When's the next time you think we'd realistically beat them? They're back. We aren't right now.

6 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

I strongly disagree, always being the road team is a competitive disadvantage, familiarity of court etc. Not to mention they should have to play in the tighter confines of the SEFCU and our fans on top of them. Especially if DK can fill the stands with students etc. 

That’s fine I know it’s a hot take on this board. This situation is unique. Can’t compare it to any other school rivalries. If you can I’d like to know a similar one. 

Just now, ZLK said:

When's the next time you think we'd realistically beat them? They're back. We aren't right now.

Soon.  They aren't "back".  They had a decent season.  Their best player is gone.  Tell me who is coming back next year and I'll give a better answer.  I think the core we had this year was pretty competitive. A few holes to fill and I'm hopeful DK can do this. 

1 minute ago, UA'08 said:

That’s fine I know it’s a hot take on this board. This situation is unique. Can’t compare it to any other school rivalries. If you can I’d like to know a similar one. 

Seton Hall/Rutgers

Seton Hall is in a much larger pro arena. Different conferences. Rivals.

Just now, McFan said:

Soon.  They aren't "back".  They had a decent season.  Their best player is gone.  Tell me who is coming back next year and I'll give a better answer.  I think the core we had this year was pretty competitive. A few holes to fill and I'm hopeful DK can do this. 

Did you watch their last two season's? They're back. They wanted no part of us when they were a mess. Why would you gift them games now that they're clicking again and we have no idea what we are?

5 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Haha no offense taken. The Duke/UNC comparison never made any sense as those are conference rivals so they play each other twice a year anyway so it’s not comparable at all. Albany/Siena also shouldn’t be even listed in the same breath as Duke/UNC for anything regarding basketball.

This specific situation is unique in general because there aren’t many low level schools using a professional arena as a their home court. There also isn’t a as big of a following of college basketball in the capital region like elsewhere.

That's not correct.  Now with so many teams in the ACC there is an unbalanced schedual. So they may not play 2 times a year and under your scenario if they only play once you would never allow Duke to play a home game. That's what's your saying . Nope Nope Nope. The ACC knows what's fair thank God. 

Just now, UA1882 said:

That's not correct.  Now with so many teams in the ACC there is an unbalanced schedual. So they may not play 2 times a year and under your scenario if they only play once you would never allow Duke to play a home game. That's what's your saying . Nope Nope Nope. The ACC knows what's fair thank God. 

Ok I’m wrong on the unbalanced schedule. Still not comparable. Find me something more on a low major level. Where a whole community used to look forward to a game like this.

22 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

If it's important to the Capital District I just think every fan who wants to go should be able to. Whether you are an Albany or Siena fan, or a fan of neither team and just looking for something to do on a freezing cold Saturday night in December.

This is about the teams and their fans. Full stop.  Every rivalry such as this one, from low to high major, has a home-and-home...regardless the size of the arena.

Not going to has this out again...but giving Albany the "arena" for a game as a home game is horse$iena.  It's Siena's home court period.  

You do realize that the revenue generated isn't enough to impact the economy...and goes STRAIGHT into the operating budget of the TUC.  The impact generated for the bars/restaurants could also be impactful for those up at the UA campus as well.

This "for the area" and "for the economic impact" is a non-sequitur if it isn't spread around.  There is ABSOLUTELY ZERO argument for having this game as anything other than a home and home.  Zero. 

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, ZLK said:

Did you watch their last two season's? They're back. They wanted no part of us when they were a mess. Why would you gift them games now that they're clicking again and we have no idea what we are?

Now they're unbeatable (gift them).  Come on they lost games in that conference.  They lost to St.Peters, Iona, Niagara, Marist and Canisius.  I refuse to accept that we couldn't beat them next year.  

Edited by McFan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, UA'08 said:

Ok I’m wrong on the unbalanced schedule. Still not comparable. Find me something more on a low major level. Where a whole community used to look forward to a game like this.

I can't think of anything comparable on the mid major level, but you're moving the goal posts now. If people wanna watch them run us in their home building over the next couple of years so be it. No idea how that's growing our fanbase.

7 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Tell me how it is unique. Please reference other rivalries and facts to support your point.

I'll wait...

• Like 1

Just now, McFan said:

Now they're unbeatable (gift them).  Come on the lost games in that conference.  They lost to St.Peters, Iona, Niagara, Marist and Canisius.  I refuse to accept that we couldn't beat them next year.  

lol I'm not wasting my time defending Siena. I hope they lose every game they ever play. You just need to face current facts.

1 minute ago, Dane96 said:

This is about the teams and their fans. Full stop.  Every rivalry such as this one, from low to high major, has a home-and-home...regardless the size of the arena.

Not going to has this out again...but giving Albany the "arena" for a game as a home game is horse$iena.  It's Siena's home court period.  

You do realize that the revenue generated isn't enough to impact the economy...and goes STRAIGHT into the operating budget of the TUC.  The impact generated for the bars/restaurants could also be impactful for those up at the UA campus as well.

This "for the area" and "for the economic impact" is a non-sequitur if it isn't spread around.  There is ABSOLUTELY ZERO argument for having this game as anything other than a home and home.  Zero. 

Again I said just location from the beginning and just location. Logistics on who is home and away, who can sell merch is all out the window. It’s where the game should be played.

Just now, Dane96 said:

Tell me how it is unique. Please reference other rivalries and facts to support your point.

I'll wait...

I’m waiting for a similar comparison. 
So I’ll wait 

1 minute ago, ZLK said:

lol I'm not wasting my time defending Siena. I hope they lose every game they ever play. You just need to face current facts.

No offense but I provided facts.  They lost to a bunch of crappy teams this year.  A year which you proclaimed that "they're back" and we would be "gifting" them wins.  

Just now, UA'08 said:

Again I said just location from the beginning and just location. Logistics on who is home and away, who can sell merch is all out the window. It’s where the game should be played.

I’m waiting for a similar comparison. 
So I’ll wait 

I am not doing your homework for you as usual...but I can fire-off five...without breaking a sweat...if we are limiting it to mid-major...what people call mid-major.  I'll start with 1...and help you out a bit:  The Big Five.

• Like 1