UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #7: 12/1/21 - 8:00PM at Kansas State

Eli

1 minute ago, blorp said:

I can't help but feel like something is serious up with Amica that hasn't been shared since he's basically been reported as "day-to-day" since last season

Agreed,  Wasn't he in concussion protocol is Frosh year, or is my memory off on that one?

This is no question one of the worst shooting teams at UA. 7% from 3...Even kids billed as somewhat shooters like Cerruti can't shoot...no one can shoot, not helped that they loaded up on schedule but not mad. Let's see if they can recruit at a high level and keep building the talent level. Some of these kids will look better against Bing and Maine than they do against Kentucky and Kansas St. The kids recruited by Brown are all a mess, Champion, Horton, Doles...kids you would normally rely on as seniors who've played a lot of games at the D1 leave are some of the worst players on the team. Hopefully as they age out of the program, DK will recruit more kids like Beagle and Neely. Talent isn't there...

Have to be seriously concerned with Amica at this point. They have a D4 player attempting to run point and a kid who was touted as a good PG with people outside of the program loving his talent and he can't get on the court. 

Neely, the only kid again who's above 50% from the field continues to be one of the only bright spots this season. Future is bright with this kid if he sticks around. 5pts, 6rb playing in his 7th game. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

Well the naysayers may be right, the shooting continues to be horrendous. The thing that gets me is that when the team moves the ball the shot selection has been pretty good, they just can't hit the broadside of a barn. After they miss good shots the ball movement stops and they force it.

My original point is that these are all fairly highly recruited athletes that have all shown the ability to shoot and score in the past. How they can brick so many open looks is crazy. The ball has to roll a different way at some point doesn't it?

Edited by godanesgo99

14 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

We'll the naysayers may be right, the shooting continues to be horrendous. The thing that gets me is that when the team moves the ball the shot selection has been pretty good, they just can't hit the broadside of a barn. After they miss good shots the ball movement stops and they force it.

My original point is that these are all fairly highly recruited athletes that have all shown the ability to shoot and score in the past. How they can brick so many open looks is crazy. The ball has to roll a different way at some point doesn't it?

Sometimes it's a simple answer...they sucks shooting. I don't know how you make sense on simple things...last year Horton hit 81% from the ft line, this year...56%...WHAT? He's always been a poor finisher and doesn't take good shots as evident by his fg% in the 40's. 

Same story with Doles, like a 25% drop from the line...hasn't hit a 3 this year. 

Hutch is the only kid improved. The other kids we have no track record on so hard to tell if they were any good before and this is a system thing or not. 

Edited by Clickclack

OK....we are 1-6. Our new coach won the off season with lots of enthusiasm and wonderful talk. We put forth great effort. According to today’s T-U article, opposing coaches including K State’s coach, are saying great things about our effort. This, of course, is coaches talk for “I have to say something nice about our next opponent.” And we are 1-6. Will this get better anytime soon? Doubtful. Isn’ t good effort a given? Should a coach get credit or be complemented because his team works hard? No. Is it still early? Yes. Time for improvement. But I’m thinking about 8 league games against Vt., SB, UML, and New Hamp. How many of these will we win? 

29 minutes ago, tnehurley said:

OK....we are 1-6. Our new coach won the off season with lots of enthusiasm and wonderful talk. We put forth great effort. According to today’s T-U article, opposing coaches including K State’s coach, are saying great things about our effort. This, of course, is coaches talk for “I have to say something nice about our next opponent.” And we are 1-6. Will this get better anytime soon? Doubtful. Isn’ t good effort a given? Should a coach get credit or be complemented because his team works hard? No. Is it still early? Yes. Time for improvement. But I’m thinking about 8 league games against Vt., SB, UML, and New Hamp. How many of these will we win? 

Need to give the coaching staff time and see what they can do in building a roster past this year with their own recruits. I 100% think a coach should get credit if his team plays hard.