UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #10: 12/13/21 - 8:00PM at Boston College

Eli

2 hours ago, dslyank said:

Any # above 0º in Fairbanks seems HIGH🥶

It was above 0 when I landed and predicted to be above 0 again on Thursday long after I am home . Hopefully Danes dont have a -35 % chance then; The predicted low for Tuesday. I will be at Saturday's game. Hoping Albany chances of winning that one are more in line with Florida' temperature 🌡️🌞:)

• Like 1

TU says Ny'mire Little is questionable, awaiting results of an MRI for a possible knee injury.

I also wonder about the talk of  Dre Perry being "fatigued". We've played nine games in five weeks, it's not like it's the end of February. Worry there's something else wrong.

Based on games won and games loss, Vermont and Stony Brook remain the contenders for the best in AE conference when conference play start...UMASS-Lowell schedule is suspect...while UMBC has impressive wins against Pittsburgh and Columbia (won by 28).....while New Hampshire had a close loss to Marquette....of note Maine does not have a win against a D1 school.....and Hartford has had a few close losses while only winning one....so my thought at this point...so based on the out of conference results to date the coaches poll is likely correct at a 7th place finish

2021-22 Men's Basketball Standings
SCHOOL CONF CPCT. OVERALL PCT. STREAK
Vermont 0-0 0.000 7-4 0.636 W1
UMass Lowell 0-0 0.000 6-4 0.600 L1
Stony Brook 0-0 0.000 5-4 0.556 W2
UMBC 0-0 0.000 5-4 0.556 L2
New Hampshire 0-0 0.000 4-4 0.500 L2
NJIT 0-0 0.000 5-5 0.500 L2
Binghamton 0-0 0.000 3-6 0.333 W1
Maine 0-0 0.000 2-6 0.250 L4
UAlbany 0-0 0.000 2-7 0.222 W1
Hartford 0-0 0.000 1-8 0.111 L1

Makes sense with common opponents. Both Bing and Maine lost to Columbia. SBU and UVM both beat Yale. With Hartford struggling who knows where they finish. We could be 7 or 8. 

Outside of a couple common opponents it's really hard to guestimate final conference standings. We have played one of the most difficult schedules of any team, but the team lost most of the games that were supposed to be "easier" so far (Towson, LaSalle, Harvard). Who knows how that will transfer to conference play.

Right now, I just want to see more ball movement and less one on one isolation plays. When they have strong movement they have been getting open shots. Most haven't fallen, but in the long term with regression to the mean, you'd think more of those would start going through. It's the isolation forcing the ball or fade aways that never seem to go in. 

Keep improving, get some success to build on. Keep the defensive intensity high. Win or lose, improvement is what we want to see - both in the players and the brand new coaching staff.

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 2

With Justin Neely's 3rd AE Rookie of the Week, he has now tied Joe Cremo and Cam Healy for 4th all time. Their third ones didn't come until February, so good chance he matches Luke Devlin with 4 or even Jamar Wilson with 5

Very cool, honestly. I'm excited for him.

Edited by blorp

2 hours ago, blorp said:

With Justin Neely's 3rd AE Rookie of the Week, he has now tied Joe Cremo and Cam Healy for 4th all time. Their third ones didn't come until February, so good chance he matches Luke Devlin with or even Jamar Wilson with 5

Very cool, honestly. I'm excited for him.

Yeah, he's definitely a great building block. Remains to be seen how his career develops but we have something in him. 

I'm so mad I can't watch this; Xfinity doesn't offer the ACCN and I am in a pseudo quarantine for 10 more days because I received steroid treatments that suppress the immune system, so can't make the 3 mile trip from my apartment to watch it live.

Comcast...such a PIA not having ACCN.

• Like 1