UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

OT: College of Saint Rose Closing

UAlbany09

Besides the school buildings, gym and 87 properties on or near Madison Ave., there's also the matter of their athletics fields (baseball , softball and soccer fields) at McCarty and Frisbie Aves. near Thruway exit 23. Not sure if they own them or lease from the city, 

https://gogoldenknights.com/sports/2010/7/16/GEN_0716105154.aspx

I got to think the city will purchase the sports complex. Seems to already be used for community and high school events and the city's department of recreations headquarters are there. Makes total sense.

Would UAlbany be interested in the campus or certain buildings?  Is Siena, APC, Albany Law, Russel Sage, Union, Skidmore heading for a similar situation?  

Didn't CSR about 10 years ago build some large additional buildings on Western Ave?  I think one was a performing arts building.  Man this sucks.  Sorry to ramble and ask the amount of questions.  Never thought this would happen at Saint Rose.

Edited by B9j2j6s

1 hour ago, GreatDanes06 said:

I haven't paid attention in a while. Didn't UA sell all the dorms and facilities that were across the street from St Rose a few years back that were down on Western?

No, St. Rose leased Brubacher Hall from about 2000,  until I think the lease ran out this year. The rest of Alumni Quad  is still used by Albany

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Eli said:

Whoa...isnt Brown the coach over there? That didn't work out for him. 

The financial story surrounding St. Rose is at least 6 years old and its declining enrollment a similar timeline. 

Will likely knew the situation he was facing, he truly helped them out in the final year.

12 hours ago, B9j2j6s said:

Would UAlbany be interested in the campus or certain buildings?  Is Siena, APC, Albany Law, Russel Sage, Union, Skidmore heading for a similar situation?  

Didn't CSR about 10 years ago build some large additional buildings on Western Ave?  I think one was a performing arts building.  Man this sucks.  Sorry to ramble and ask the amount of questions.  Never thought this would happen at Saint Rose.

From my sources UAlbany has little interest in their campus and if expansion is needed, build out into the adjacent State Office Complex.

Siena is in no jeopardy, their enrollment rates and retention rates are at a satisfactory level.  Further, Siena enrolled its largest freshman class.  Albany Law and Russell Sage have come up as candidates for a merger or closure.  Union and Skidmore do not know.

Siena marketing strategy took advantage of St. Rose weakness.