UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #15: 12/15/23 - 7PM EST at #1 South Dakota St. (FCS Playoffs Semifinals)

I wish there was a tunnel from the PE building to the podium. My (then) long hair froze more than once on the walk back. First day of second semester Freshman year it was -28 in Albany. The Dakotas don’t have a monopoly on crappy weather. Snow here tomorrow as a matter of fact

Woodell appeared to be really struggling. He’s been wearing a shoulder restraint/brace or whatever you call it for several weeks and after a few tackles he really looked rough. They do need to use other RBs. Despite the extra grey hairs for Gattuso, I did like that he scored on that nice run. You’ve been trying to break a long one all game and finally do….gotta be hard to slide down to run out the clock. Hicks looked like he hurt his arm diving for a ball near the goal line. 

I join all in saying that this season is an epic run, especially after the last two and the prediction of #11. House money…house money. 

Edited by jimbo

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

I wish there was a tunnel from the PE building to the podium. My (then) long hair froze more than once on the walk back. First day of second semester Freshman year it was -28 in Albany. The Dakotas don’t have a monopoly on crappy weather. Snow here tomorrow as a matter of fact

I remember that morning, and I think that low temperature still stands for Albany's lowest record temperature ever. Later in the day it warmed up to +22° after a week of brutally cold weather. Kids were out in Dutch quad in shorts throwing frisbees.

22 minutes ago, olddog71 said:

I remember that morning, and I think that low temperature still stands for Albany's lowest record temperature ever. Later in the day it warmed up to +22° after a week of brutally cold weather. Kids were out in Dutch quad in shorts throwing frisbees.

I believe it is. The thing I remember is that there wasn’t a breath of wind. Every chimney in the area and our utility plant had a column of condensation/smoke that went straight up. 

4 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Charter flight to SD appears to be about 3 hours. It's much closer then Idaho...I don't hate this decision. You have your own beds for a few days, facilities to recover in etc. They can be out there Wednesday am. We can practice in the cold at home. To much is made of travel...it's a 3 hour flight on a charter and not commercial. 

Yep, thought about it and it makes sense.  They can fly out Thurs morning. 

I guess I'm really bad at geography - South Dakota sounds like it's sooooo far away but it's only 1hr difference. Moscow ID on the other hand is -3. I guess a 3hr flight and a -1 hr difference is not that big a deal. It's not like these guys are flying at the back of a SWA flight next to a baby or something...they should be able to get some shut eye - if they want it - on the plane no problem.

Mind numbing to me:

First, SDSU is basically a top 25 program (all schools), coming in at 28 in Sagarin.  However, Sagarin has 'Nova, Idaho, and S. Illinois all ahead of us...as well as S. Dakota.  I don't get it at all.  It's literally appalling considering we beat 2 of those teams and "Nova's OOC was weak as heck (as was USD). 

That said, Albany is ahead of 20 FBS teams, coming in at 122 and are the 8th highest ranked FCS team.  

Massey has SDSU as #26, with Albany as #107 (or the 7th ranked FCS team, one behind 'Nova).

4 hours ago, ctdanes said:

Most metrics have SDSU as a top 25 team in all of D1. Team doesn’t have much business being in FCS lol. It’s why you play the game tho! Just be better for 60 minutes 

Maybe not too 25; but held our own against Marshall & Hawaii. And UA has gotten better since September. LIKE our chances. 
ps  What/Who compares Sdakota to FBS top 25???

24 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Maybe not too 25; but held our own against Marshall & Hawaii. And UA has gotten better since September. LIKE our chances. 
ps  What/Who compares Sdakota to FBS top 25???

Everyone in the business.  Legitimately the are rated in the Top 30, ahead of JMU.  Can't tell you how many people I know in the business at the coaching and media level that have SDSU able to win the Sun Belt and CUSA right now...and doing very well in the MWC and AAC. 

16 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Everyone in the business.  Legitimately the are rated in the Top 30, ahead of JMU.  Can't tell you how many people I know in the business at the coaching and media level that have SDSU able to win the Sun Belt and CUSA right now...and doing very well in the MWC and AAC. 

Ok. Thanks. Just never seen fbs & fcs in the same STAT. I’m not in the “business” obviously. 

Edited by dslyank