UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #15: 12/15/23 - 7PM EST at #1 South Dakota St. (FCS Playoffs Semifinals)

7 hours ago, jimbo said:

I wish there was a tunnel from the PE building to the podium. My (then) long hair froze more than once on the walk back. First day of second semester Freshman year it was -28 in Albany. The Dakotas don’t have a monopoly on crappy weather. Snow here tomorrow as a matter of fact

Woodell appeared to be really struggling. He’s been wearing a shoulder restraint/brace or whatever you call it for several weeks and after a few tackles he really looked rough. They do need to use other RBs. Despite the extra grey hairs for Gattuso, I did like that he scored on that nice run. You’ve been trying to break a long one all game and finally do….gotta be hard to slide down to run out the clock. Hicks looked like he hurt his arm diving for a ball near the goal line. 

I join all in saying that this season is an epic run, especially after the last two and the prediction of #11. House money…house money. 

That can be attributed to their Defense I think.  Our young guys started opening things up a little in the 4th after we had several big passes.

2 hours ago, classof95 said:

I recommend the happy hour at The Long Branch. $3 pitchers! Oh wait...

I can go back even further(1979-83) with WT's, Hurleys(great wings), The Grinch, Sutters(the best burger), Across the Street Pub, and of course The Rat if you didn't want to leave campus back when the drinking age was 18, the good old days.

1 hour ago, nysteve661 said:

I can go back even further(1979-83) with WT's, Hurleys(great wings), The Grinch, Sutters(the best burger), Across the Street Pub, and of course The Rat if you didn't want to leave campus back when the drinking age was 18, the good old days.

Maximus Super at the Rat…..good old days indeed. Kegs at spring weekend. Jeez, I sound like a lush….oh, never mind.   

Watched Villanova SDSU game over the past two days.   Noticed Villanova had quite a bit of success with screens. Also, sdsu qb likes to run.  He had a run like Poff did in our game for a 50 yard td.

It was more of a toss up than the score shows.

Edited by uofalbany

That Nova SDSU game was played in very windy and cold conditions, so I’m fairly certain that it affected both team’s game plans and kept it closer than it might have been. It was a little bit funny watching the players hustling into those warming trailers though. Never saw that….not that I blame them. 

Edited by jimbo

If anyone on the coaching staff or the ADept is reading this thread (Vic Cegles?!), please take note from the SDSU board...some fantastic lockerroom materials (not that the team needs an motiviation): 

Yesterday, 09:31 AM
The email for season ticket holders arrived yesterday that asked for preorders for SDSU allotted tickets to the Championship game.. This year season ticket holders are allowed to request the number of tickets that match the number of season tickets purchased for the season at DJD. Of course, there is no charge until the Jackrabbits qualify for the Championship game.

Biggest thing is weathering the first 5 minutes and scoring first. This team is deadly with the lead and controlling the clock. If sdsu is down and watching 6-7 minutes drain every time we have the ball doubt will quickly set in. Huge if, but that’s the way I see us winning. Certainly wouldn’t want to be in a shootout against these guys 

1 hour ago, ctdanes said:

Biggest thing is weathering the first 5 minutes and scoring first. This team is deadly with the lead and controlling the clock. If sdsu is down and watching 6-7 minutes drain every time we have the ball doubt will quickly set in. Huge if, but that’s the way I see us winning. Certainly wouldn’t want to be in a shootout against these guys 

That's why I worry if we win the toss, Gattuso will defer to the second half. When you're an underdog, I'd like to not fall behind on the opening kickoff.

Of course if there's a stiff wind that could change things.

• Thanks 1