UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #20: 1/25/24 - 6PM at Maine

Last Up: L (98-89) vs Bryant
Next Up: @ Maine (9-10, 1-3 in AE - lost 6 straight before beating NJIT last time out)
Date: 1/25/24 @ 6PM
TV/Streaming: ESPN+
Local Radio: ESPN Radio 104.5 FM
ESPN Matchup Predictor: 30% chance of a UAlbany win

2024-01-20-22-32-33-2024-scouting-report

2024-01-20-22-32-42-Game-Prep-for-Albany

2024-01-20-22-32-52-Game-Prep-for-Albany

Edited by Eli

5 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Any updates on Reddish? I haven't looked in the papers or anything. He hurt his ankle or something last game and he went out, and haven't heard a peep since.

No mention in the T-U story today

“The attitude has been to keep the same level of urgency and focus that we had going into those big games and then carry it over to Maine,” said Amar’e Marshall, who averaged 28.0 points in the two losses. “If we do that, then we think we should come out on top.”

“UMass Lowell and Bryant showed that we have to raise our level,” UAlbany coach Dwayne Killings said. “UMass Lowell, we broke down toward the end. Against a really good Bryant team, we learned we have what it takes, but you’ve got to play a certain way right from the start.”

“We’re in a rut right now defensively,” said forward Jonathan Beagle, the reigning America East Rookie of the Year. “We’re trying to figure out our defensive identity, but we’ll definitely get a lot better as the year goes on. “There’s a lot of one-on-one basketball that we’re getting put in right now. I don’t think teams are as big as us, but they’re trying to isolate us and try to make us go one-on-one with them. We’ve got to lock in and work on it every day.”

I am going to say it...been holding it in for awhile:

This is a POORLY constructed basketball team with low basketball IQ, and a total lack of understanding about how to play even some of the most basic defensive sets you can teach.  Defense wins basketball games.  I am sorry, DK literally has ZERO clue how to teach these guys how to play defense...and frankly has recruited kids who can't play defense.

I give Gattuso credit: he embraced the portal and hit it big.  If DK doesn't embrace the portal next year AND  change his playing style philosophy, there is ZERO chance he stays past his fifth year.  It's the same $iena, every day. 

• Like 1

I see zero intensity and a ton of lacksidasical play.  You can't out athlete teams in the AE.   Just doesn't work.  This league has been and always will be a lunch pail league. We have ZERO good shooters from the outside, and that includes Bertram who can't hit a shot if he needs to create one.  I never understood the Newton add....still don't.  Even adding Neely to the mix, he doesn't make you 18 points better than Maine. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

I am going to say it...been holding it in for awhile:

This is a POORLY constructed basketball team with low basketball IQ, and a total lack of understanding about how to play even some of the most basic defensive sets you can teach.  Defense wins basketball games.  I am sorry, DK literally has ZERO clue how to teach these guys how to play defense...and frankly has recruited kids who can't play defense.

I give Gattuso credit: he embraced the portal and hit it big.  If DK doesn't embrace the portal next year AND  change his playing style philosophy, there is ZERO chance he stays past his fifth year.  It's the same $iena, every day. 

I just turned it off. 

DK has to start giving some hope. 

going back hard last 3 games...like in reverse 50mph. again, the defense is so bad it's difficult to understand why. They are decent athletically, yeah not the biggest team but they are horrific on that end, rotations are brutal, communications nonexistent, constantly out position. Hard to watch. 

• Like 1

I’ll go glass half full.  Absent a 6-8 minute stretch early 2nd half I thought they played ok.  Missed FT’s and some bad TO’s when it got close costs us.  I think effort was there.  Execution?  Not so much.  Still can’t hit 3’s consistently or when needed.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

They sure did figure out that defensive identity. What a disaster on defense, 57%from the field for Maine and a whopping 63% from from 3...yeah...

Against a team shooting 27% from 3 going in. UA can’t make a 3 or stop any even against a poor shooting Maine team😵‍💫