UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: Game 31: UA @ Bryant 3/5 - 7:00pm

Up next UVM, whom we are 1-16 againsts in the last 8 years going back to the old coach. 

This steaming pile of $iena program is a complete embarrassment. Here's to 1-17 and DK fired (I know it won't happen).

At least he made it to the post season this year LOL. We used to compete in the AE, going on a decade we are a complete laughing stock. Kids getting smacked around, other promising kids quitting. Wasn't much better recently with the old coach either. This program is a joke. 

For those curious, these are AE numbers only. Nice defense this loser coach is coaching. If you can believe it, it's actually a slight improvement on last year. LOL! Amazing!

ULFHsXU.png

Edited by Clickclack

1 minute ago, Clickclack said:

Up next UVM, whom we are 1-16 againsts in the last 8 years going back to the old coach. 

This steaming pile of $iena program is a complete embarrassment. Here's to 1-17 and DK fired (I know it won't happen).

At least he made it to the post season this year LOL

I picture the end of season meeting between Killings and Benson.  "So Dwayne, what do have to say about the season?  Well we made the AE tourney this season!  Can I get a 2 year extension?  Sure thing buddy, sign here."

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

I picture the end of season meeting between Killings and Benson.  "So Dwayne, what do have to say about the season?  Well we made the AE tourney this season!  Can I get a 2 year extension?  Sure thing buddy, sign here."

The only thing that can save us is if he slaps Beagle! 

• Haha 1

Looking at the box score it definitely looks like a game they could have won and from what I saw of it they played very hard. Then you see that they took 79 shots to 58 for Bryant and only shot 50% on foul shots. Frenetic, but inefficient play. Athletic, but not well coached or trained. Or just not talented enough overall. I’m going with not well coached. 

4 hours ago, ctdanes said:

Letting the whole America East shoot 60% on 2 point fgs is one of the most ridiculous stats I’ve ever seen. So many uncontested lay ups

It starts with him recruiting 6'5 bigs like Newton, the only size he had quit on him and he played teflon defense anyway so it's a parade inside. There is zero size inside so everyone attacks them inside. 

The 8th seed...unreal. Man this program. All I care about is that around 6 PM on Saturday there is a press release that UA and Killings has decided to part ways. Sorry if that upsets people. 34-59, likely 34-60 come Saturday evening, is beyond unacceptable. I don't care if UA is mid-major. This was maybe acceptable before the mid-2000's run. This isn't. Even when Brown went 42-56 from 2009-10 to 2011-2012 season, he at least had the team in 4th place in the AE. Hell, even before he was run off campus Brown had UA finishing better. He at least had 5 conference titles to his name. Killings has nothing. Post the stupid Mentality graphics on social media all you want...meaningless.

Congrats building a beautiful arena with a garbage product.

1 hour ago, B9j2j6s said:

How much would we have to pay DK if he was fired?  Is it two more years left on his contract?  

His contract and his assistants  they are on a multi-year (hope they are not).  Plus new coach...and assistants.  So, double the money for two years on the HC, maybe one year for assistants.  You are closing in on a big number on salary alone.  That' why whitsall would be only option that makes sense.  And for that, you just let killings ride it out. 

Posted (edited)

When I look at this team, there isn't a single player that I don't like or don't want to return. They all play hard and have tons of talent. Newton is great, he is just way too undersized to play the 5, and maybe even the 4 at this level. If anything he is a Travis Charles type 4. Asking him to play the 5 was unfair to him. 

I like Killings too, at least as a person from the handful of times I have met him. 

That said, something needs to happen and quick. We need a public statement on why Beagle left the program, and we need coaches to take accountability for not being able to get this talented group to play together in a way that wins games. Maybe DK just can't coach and needs to be done. Maybe the personalities on the team are great individually but terrible as a group. I don't even begin to know. I just know that something needs to change and fast. We expect Gr8ness and we don't have that at the moment. 

This team has shown the capability of getting hot from the floor, and if they beat UVM on Saturday, it would not be the biggest shock in the world. We can put up triple digits if the ball is falling. Long term that win would probably end up being bad for the program. I think I might *****shudder***** root for UVM this weekend ********PUKE*********

Edited by godanesgo99