UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2018-19

8 hours ago, jimbo said:

. Why do we have to be. BB or football school? 

I just said 'football school' because that has been heard being said. Meaning a higher % of resources go towards football since we're a 'football' school now.. 

I keep getting sucked into football after I agreed this should be a bball thread lol.

Edited by MRSGDG

With all our appearances in NCAA  MW BB, MW LACROSSE, Volleyball, Golf, Softball, Baseball, Field Hockey and no post season appearances in football how can we be called a "football school"?  We have had season tickets for years and support the football program BUT we must support the Stanford model to excel in all sports!!!!!!!!! 

• Like 3

I made a rather insensitive comment on the AE board about not caring about any sports other than Basketball, LAX, and football because those are the ones that will gain national attention and increase the value of a UA degree, but I agree with Oldtimer, please dont call us a football school. Unless we are fully committed to becoming a FBS power,  instead of being a FCS loser, we cant be a football school. Put money and resources into the programs that can and do win.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

I made a rather insensitive comment on the AE board about not caring about any sports other than Basketball, LAX, and football because those are the ones that will gain national attention and increase the value of a UA degree, but I agree with Oldtimer, please dont call us a football school. Unless we are fully committed to becoming a FBS power,  instead of being a FCS loser, we cant be a football school. Put money and resources into the programs that can and do win.

Agreed. People just need to tell that to the Athletic Administration. 

Definitely stings, I was looking forward to "do more". 

May not be the worst thing, especially if he can get a red shirt. Will open up some more PT at the guard slot which seems like a packed house already. (Based solely on reports of talent obviously, as we haven't seen anyone play yet) 

• Like 1

TU story Smallest Great Dane hoping for big role - 

(Reece) Brooks has been making an impression. He is running plays on offense and been effective in UAlbany's full-court defense. "On the offensive side of the ball, he's been terrific," Brown said. "The first 47 feet of the court defensively, he's been outstanding. He's been a pest. His team defense, he's got to get a little better with it. ..Brooks has shown enough for Brown to consider using returning 6-foot-1 junior Ahmad Clark, almost exclusively a point guard last season, at shooting guard on occasion.

"The defense is forcing the offense to play at too fast of a pace, and that's why it's sloppy. We're making mistakes because guys are getting pressured into making decisions too quick"

Philip Flory will undergo foot surgery Tuesday to insert a screw in his fifth metatarsal. Flory, a transfer from Seton Hall, likely will be out until mid- to late December, at which time a "collective" decision will be made about a possible medical redshirt. ... Freshman guard Antonio Rizzuto, limited in early workouts because of knee surgery last month, is now a full participant in practice.