UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Postseason

Congrats to former Great Dane player and assistant coach, James Jones (Head Coach at Yale), on getting his first tourney victory! See below for more info on him for those who don't know him.

A Long Island, N.Y., native, Jones served as an assistant basketball coach for five seasons (1990-95) at his alma mater, the University at Albany (N.Y.). In his final two coaching seasons at Albany, he helped lead the team to a 44-11 record and two appearances in the NCAA Tournament, including reaching the Elite Eight in 1993-94. His primary responsibilities included recruiting, scouting, supervising the fall conditioning program and advising team members on academic matters. The team was 93-40 during his five seasons on the bench. Jones graduated from Albany in 1986 with a bachelor's degree in communications and in 1995 earned his master's in educational administration. As a player at Albany, Jones was captain of the freshman team and was selected as the team's Freshman of the Year. He played for and coached with the legendary Dr. Richard Sauers, one of only seven collegiate coaches to win more than 700 games.

He was also a phenomenal JV coach for Albany. Absolutely phenomenal. He's one of my all-time favorite people that came across my life while at UA.

Warney looks like he belongs out there but he's about the only guy for SBU.

I'd taken our relatively close tournament games for granted these last couple of years. This makes me appreciate them a little more.

Two words. Will Brown. ;)

Also: Been there.

SBU wasn't ready. They didn't understand what the tournament is. Now they know. Glad they got their clocks cleaned though...love it. We represent the AE FAR better.

Again, SBU = NE Pats to me (a Jets fan). Hope they never win another game for eternity.

I'd taken our relatively close tournament games for granted these last couple of years. This makes me appreciate them a little more.

SBU wasn't ready. They didn't understand what the tournament is. Now they know. Glad they got their clocks cleaned though...love it. We represent the AE FAR better.

Again, SBU = NE Pats to me (a Jets fan). Hope they never win another game for eternity.

We almost beat UConn as a 16 seed in our first tourney appearance. Brown and staff build solid gameplans, gets the kids ready and fired up to play. I am not saying Pikiel didn't do that or can't do that but I am saying Will Brown knows how to do that.

We almost beat UConn as a 16 seed in our first tourney appearance. Brown and staff build solid gameplans, gets the kids ready and fired up to play. I am not saying Pikiel didn't do that or can't do that but I am saying Will Brown knows how to do that.

Yes, I know.

Stupid analogy as the jets are the team that hasn't won anything in decades.

And yes I hope SBU goes back to losing and I have no problems with the jets and other (suburban) green teams continuing their losing :)

Edited by bob87

Agreed. Warney was not only good...but showed he should that the NBA should give him a more than serious look.

I've said it a hundred times...I'll say it again. I really think Steve Pikiel is a nice guy from everything I've heard, read, and watched. He's a really good basketball coach, too!

He's NOT a great tactician.

Will is a great tactician. Some still don't like his personality.

I like Will's personality...he's real, and there's no B.S. Says it like it is. But, he's a great basketball coach...and a great person. He not only graduates kids...but he graduates top academic kids.

WILL > STEVE...for who I want as my coach, if I had a choice. Don't get me wrong...I'd take Steve in a heartbeat...but not up against Will.

• Like 2