UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Postseason

Vin Baker works at Starbucks now.

At the end of the day, I don't see how rooting for SBU helps our program at all, but at the same time, our program/conference prides itself on academics and character, so I couldn't fault someone for rooting for Warney. Kid is a stud, and has been at the losing end of the deal several times at UA's expense - in heart breaking fashion. He deserves and has earned his time to shine. Hoping UK wins, but if SBU pulled it out, it would most likely be another great 1st round game - such is March.

I do hope though that we do real well in our tournament - not a massive recruiting chip, but additional exposure and free basketball to get our team to gel for next season. Plus, I wouldn't want the careers of the seniors to end on that Hartford note.

Vin Baker works at Starbucks now.

At the end of the day, I don't see how rooting for SBU helps our program at all, but at the same time, our program/conference prides itself on academics and character, so I couldn't fault someone for rooting for Warney. Kid is a stud, and has been at the losing end of the deal several times at UA's expense - in heart breaking fashion. He deserves and has earned his time to shine. Hoping UK wins, but if SBU pulled it out, it would most likely be another great 1st round game - such is March.

I do hope though that we do real well in our tournament - not a massive recruiting chip, but additional exposure and free basketball to get our team to gel for next season. Plus, I wouldn't want the careers of the seniors to end on that Hartford note.

I read that article. Evidently, on track to be a manager as he's part of their manager training program. He was bad with his money and his heart failed him (when he was with Boston and NY)...

Point of the matter is that rooting for SB because one of our leagues players might make it to the NBA does ZERO for Albany and the AE. Baker balled out for a good 5-6 years in the beginning of his career and I don't think any AE school (not even Hartford) saw any benefit from it. Warney going to the NBA will do zero for this league and probably even them.

Siena's Kenny Hasbrouck 'made' it to the NBA. By made it, I mean he sat on my teams bench (Miami Heat) for like 3 games.

As others have said, I couldn't care less about SBU and Warney...if they don't score a bucket, that'll be sweet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not jumping up and down at the prospect of Stony Brook winning and NCAA tournament game but I don't follow those who think tournament sucess doesn't help a program or the conference.

Good conferences send teams to the tournament and they win games. Bad conferences send teams to the tournament and they don't win games. We would like to be in a good conference.

TU says Siena lost. Drew 2,000 at the TUC.

$iena lost to Morehead State, 84-80.

FG %: 50 MSU, 52.7 LCC

3PT %: 33.3 MSU, 45 LCC

FT %: 87.5 MSU, 65 LCC

Rebounds: 35 MSU, 26 LCC

Turnovers: 16 MSU, 19 LCC

Steals: 16 MSU, 8 LCC

LCC was doubled up on the offensive boards but lost the game at the line.

I'm with the group that likes to see conference and SUNY teams do well. When I was in school everything was DIII. This year there are 2 SUNY teams in MBB NCAA and 2 in WBB NCAA. For the state

and for the system and the conference....I like it.

Oh, I think the LCC TUC game official # was 2,061....don't want to short them.

Edited by jimbo

IMO, the only way things improve for the league and that includes UA is when any of our league teams WIN games....NCAA tourney games...I hate S.B. a ton and still feel we would have beaten them AGAIN, but, we blew that chance. The only way our league moves up in the eyes of others is to win big games...that is my point about somewhat rooting for S.B....I just don't like this matchup against KY

The America East has cracked the top 20 in conference RPI once in the past 10 years. Vermont won a game in '05 and the league took a b-line down hill right after that. If there is going to be a team to get the first win since then, I'd prefer it to be us.

Oh, I think the LCC TUC game official # was 2,061....don't want to short them.

I read a comment from one of the stooges over there that "attendance 2061... pathetic for sure but still more than a home UAlbany conference tournament game"...evidently an LCC education isn't all that it's piped up too be.

Siena fans are some of the dumbest around. Every time I go over there I close the tab just shaking my head.

• Like 1