UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2016-17 Men's Basketball Schedule

Really, if we continue to grow and invest, and we have proper leadership and vision,

we can be the legitimate flagship of New York State.

Don't pass up any opportunity to build and invest.

To that point, I literally could not care less if there are 500 less fans at a ho-hum conference game against Maine or something because all the LCC stooges didn't show up. By them buying season tickets, it's money in UA's pocket. Done and done.

I care. It's a lot easier to recruit with a full and boisterous arena.

Really, if we continue to grow and invest, and we have proper leadership and vision,

we can be the legitimate flagship of New York State.

Don't pass up any opportunity to build and invest.

To that point, I literally could not care less if there are 500 less fans at a ho-hum conference game against Maine or something because all the LCC stooges didn't show up. By them buying season tickets, it's money in UA's pocket. Done and done.

I care. It's a lot easier to recruit with a full and boisterous arena.

It will be for LCC's superbowl. We only sell out or fill to capacity 2-3 games a year anyway, so just bring recruits in during those games (BPG, Albany Cup, Homecoming, etc.)

I doubt we will ever sell out for a game against the lower teams in the AE. And I'm fine with that. So who cares if LCC fans buy a bunch of tickets to Maine, Hartford, Bing games. I don't. The key is to have steady consistent attendance that is respectable in this league and you do that by winning, year in, year out, for 7, 8, 9, 10 years straight. We average a lot more even for the 'crap games' than we did 20 years ago, for example. That's because we've been successful for the most part in putting a winning product on the court.

You know what helps recruiting just as much? Facilities. It takes time...but in that time, I'd rather have a nice influx of cash from a bunch of eager LCC fans to help build said facilities.

Edited by Eli

Conference schedules released

2016-17 UAlbany Men’s Basketball America East Schedule
Date Opponent
1/5 at UMass Lowell
1/8 at Stony Brook
1/11 New Hampshire
1/16 at UMBC
1/19 Binghamton
1/22 Maine
1/25 Vermont
1/28 at Hartford
2/1 UMass Lowell
2/4 Stony Brook
2/6 at New Hampshire
2/9 at Binghamton
2/15 UMBC
2/19 at Maine
2/22 at Vermont
2/25 Hartford
2015-16 UAlbany Women’s Basketball America East Schedule
Date Opponent
1/4 UMass Lowell
1/7 Stony Brook
1/11 at New Hampshire
1/16 UMBC
1/19 at Binghamton
1/22 at Maine
1/25 Vermont
1/28 Hartford
2/1 at UMass Lowell
2/4 at Stony Brook
2/6 New Hampshire
2/9 Binghamton
2/15 at UMBC
2/18 Maine
2/23 at Vermont
2/26 at Hartford
Edited by UAalum72

Where was this posted? I wanted to cross reference the times, etc. and start putting it all in my calendar but alas, it's not on ESPN/UAlbanysports.com, etc.

New story on school web site

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15800&ATCLID=211157667

Thanks. Interesting they would publish a story but not update the 'schedule' section under sports (where I was looking).

Still no times though...just gotta wait lol.

Where was this posted? I wanted to cross reference the times, etc. and start putting it all in my calendar but alas, it's not on ESPN/UAlbanysports.com, etc.

New story on school web site

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15800&ATCLID=211157667

Thanks. Interesting they would publish a story but not update the 'schedule' section under sports (where I was looking).

Still no times though...just gotta wait lol.

Game times have not been announced when the schedule has been released. Those have been announced later

So from what I can piece together in this thread and UAlbany's site:

Up to 25 games so far for the men. I'm assuming we have some more actual SEFCU games before Siena right? That can't possibly be our first home game, lol.

=====================

2016-17 UAlbany Men’s Basketball Schedule

Date Opponent

11/11 at Penn State*

11/14 at Cincinnati*

11/19 Grand Canyon (at Mohegan Sun)*

11/20 Brown (at Mohegan Sun)*

11/27 Siena*

11/30 Holy Cross*

12/3 at Yale*

12/17 St. Francis Brooklyn*

12/30 at Columbia*

1/5 at UMass Lowell

1/8 at Stony Brook

1/11 New Hampshire

1/16 at UMBC

1/19 Binghamton

1/22 Maine

1/25 Vermont

1/28 at Hartford

2/1 UMass Lowell

2/4 Stony Brook

2/6 at New Hampshire

2/9 at Binghamton

2/15 UMBC

2/19 at Maine

2/22 at Vermont

2/25 Hartford

* - Posted in thread, not officially listed/confirmed on UAlbanySports.com

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

I'm assuming we have some more actual SEFCU games before Siena right? That can't possibly be our first home game, lol.

I hope it's not the first home game. With all of the changes announced so far: new traffic patterns on game day, video board on the scorers table, second big screen, etc. I hope they get a game or two under their belt to get the kinks out before a showcase event that will bring so many new people onto campus.

• Like 1

I'm assuming we have some more actual SEFCU games before Siena right? That can't possibly be our first home game, lol.

I hope it's not the first home game. With all of the changes announced so far: new traffic patterns on game day, video board on the scorers table, second big screen, etc. I hope they get a game or two under their belt to get the kinks out before a showcase event that will bring so many new people onto campus.

First home game , last home game or any home game in between I am not going to complain about finally playing them at home.

Plus got a chance to see $iena fans complaining about how weak their home schedule is . Just as I have said for years. That low level school cant replace Albany on their schedule. :) Albany should had refused to play them years ago if they wouldn't play a game at Albany's home.