UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2016-17 Men's Basketball Schedule

Any bets on whether or not UA makes it to the NCAAs this year?

BTW, previous to last year, UA made each of their NCAA appearances competitive,

unlike the routing of stony brook by Kentucky last year.

That just hurts chances of a higher seed if we return to the dance. we will be stuck with first four games or a 16v1 game.

I think it is a bit early to start taking bets. I am super excited for the season - I think practices start next week?

It is a crapshoot right now. I like what we hear about Nichols and the newcomers - I think we know what we will get from the returning guys. I have to see them play or at least hear about how they look after a week or 2 of practice before betting against *wince* Vermont from winning the league.

I know most of the younger crowd now considers SBU the main rival in the AE - but I still want to see VT get squashed more than anyone else.

lol, bout time.

Full schedule:

http://www.ualbanysports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15800&SPID=7999&SPSID=84569&DB_OEM_ID=15800

Kinda mad that we only have one home game to prepare for the biggest home game ever in terms of capacity (this will be a true sell out)...Siena is our 2nd game at SEFCU. The AD better work out EVERY kink so the 2nd game goes off without so much as a glitch because you know the Loudonville Community College folks won't let us hear the end of it and that it should always be held in a 25% empty big arena.

Edited by Eli

We have had well over capacity on numerous occasions. Unofficially, of course (but for our first Championship...where the over-capacity attendance was announced...and that got a nice reprimand from the fire Marshall.

I was at that game, and 99% of the rest since (that might have been my first ever game actually...if not I went to a game a week or two before)...but this Albany Cup game in terms of what it means for the community and how many people will try to get it in seems bigger. Cool to know that little bit of history though, especially bout the fire marshall lol.

Edited by Eli

lol, bout time.

Full schedule:

http://www.ualbanysports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15800&SPID=7999&SPSID=84569&DB_OEM_ID=15800

Kinda mad that we only have one home game to prepare for the biggest home game ever in terms of capacity (this will be a true sell out)...Siena is our 2nd game at SEFCU. The AD better work out EVERY kink so the 2nd game goes off without so much as a glitch because you know the Loudonville Community College folks won't let us hear the end of it and that it should always be held in a 25% empty big arena.

Hope their only complaint is that they couldn't get in

• Like 1

We have had well over capacity on numerous occasions. Unofficially, of course (but for our first Championship...where the over-capacity attendance was announced...and that got a nice reprimand from the fire Marshall.

I believe that was the last time SEFCU's capacity was listed at a generic 5,000. After that game it was a very specific seat number..since changed obviously with new chairbacks, etc.

What a crock, November 27 a Sunday for LCC? Most students for both Siena and UA won't be back.

For what it's worth..residence halls open back up Sunday morning and classes resume at 8am Monday morning. Game starts at 7pm on Sunday..so plenty of opportunity for UAlbany students who want to attend.

• Like 1

Yeah but why Sunday after thanksgiving? In the 14 years the game being played at the TUC it has been mostly played on a Friday or Saturday night. I recall one year was on tuesday before thanksgiving. Anyway seems a little shady.

Perhaps guarantees more seats for paying fans instead of seats for 'free admittance' students. I'm fine with that. Hope UA makes a killing off this game. This is why I think it's a TERRIBLE idea to have it as home game #2. UA needs to make sure everything in the 'machine' (concessions, presentation, etc.) is running at peak efficiency for a game like this. Considering the recent policy/seat issues...hard to imagine UA can get it right in one or two tries.

As a recent former student, our student body is pretty lame towards supporting the team anyway...they only come out in huge numbers for like 2 or 3 games a year...BPG, AE playoff game or two and that's about it. Our students aren't like that of UNC or Duke where they camp out for 3-4 days before a game...although I do remember during our first championship run I believe that happened...but how often do you hear of them doing it again/otherwise?

Part of that is on the university. I graduated in May, so not long ago at all, but there isn't sports stuff plastered all over the school or in classrooms and I started attending UA at night in 2010...so I have 5.5 years (took a semester off a few years in) to compare. Emails reminding students to come out will only do so much. We have very little 'school spirit', IMO. There should be free food EVERY game. Giveaways, EVERY game. Etc. Make it a part of the student tradition that going to a game is just 'what we do' as students. We have what, 17k, students? The fact that we can't fill SEFCU 30% with JUST students is a tell tale sign of how lame our student support is. The arena only fits 4,800 or whatever.

So, personally, as a recent alum and season ticket holder...don't really care about the students being home for the holiday, etc. It's one thing if they had shown a track record of coming out, game in game out, to make SEFCU loud...but alas, that job usually falls on me, Click and a couple of others who lose our voices every game. I wouldn't be surprised, between football and MBB, if by the time I'm 40, I sound like I have permanent laryngitis. Been at this for nearly 10 years lol.

I'd rather the school make a ton of money off LCC stooges than schedule a game around the students schedule. The students that have an inkling of 'real fan' in them will come out.

Edited by Eli

Yeah but why Sunday after thanksgiving? In the 14 years the game being played at the TUC it has been mostly played on a Friday or Saturday night. I recall one year was on tuesday before thanksgiving. Anyway seems a little shady.

They aren't exactly the easiest or most sane school to work with to schedule a game.

2 years ago their loony coach went to the media and bitched about the proposed date several times instead of just working behind the scenes to arrive at a mutually agreeable date. Originally that season the LCC turkey wanted to play the game the day we had our rival football game vs. Stony Brook