UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2022

21 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

No matter the outcome .... recruitment and recruitment retention is the going to be important.... I have not seen any comments on Jonathan Beagle in a while.... Is he still in our camp? .... can he be legally lured away?

No . He signed his letter of intent. He is here.  I also believe that the transfer portal will be so big in the upcoming weeks that Killings does not want to waste a scholarship until we see who is in there.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

With the apparent end to the investigation, it's now time to turn out attention to recruiting. A bunch of spots to fill...

100% Gone scholarship players

Newman, Perry, Champion

Probably Gone, but could return Scholarship players

Cerutti (Supposedly could get a waiver to return), Horton (Transfer Portal), Doles (Transfer Portal)

Incoming Scholarship Players

Beagle

Incoming Walk-ons

Jackson

Existing Walk-ons that could get a scholarship

Fizulich (in Transfer Portal), Ketner

Analysis

There are at least 2 Scholarships available out of a definite 3 available. 3 more are potentially/probably available, and 3 that could be taken by existing or new walk-ons.

I am hoping we start to see some big offers and signings. DK has a reputation as a great recruiter. We will quickly learn if the recent allegations will have any impact on that....

45 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Why is he a D3 player...?

Remember.... the D3 player from the Williams College team for his senior year transfer to Michigan...two or three years ago .... was an impact player .... Rutgers Lacrosse has two or three D3 players on their team .... sometime success transfer over .... Dwayne is looking for that hidden gem

1 hour ago, UA1882 said:

1200+ players in the D1 portal and we offer  Da’Kquan Davis (Roman Catholic high school so it makes sense ). 

I guess I dont understand a "recruiter" making that offer.  He is a D3 player.  

Doesn't mean jack. There are DIII guys that have played in the NBA.   You should watch him play before commenting. Kid will do well in his year here, and my guess he fills a role in case Amica isn't ready.  Kid can ball. San Jose St., North Texas, and others have offered.

Stuff like this happens more than you think. 

Edited by Dane96

1 hour ago, Dane96 said:

Doesn't mean jack. There are DIII guys that have played in the NBA.   You should watch him play before commenting. Kid will do well in his year here, and my guess he fills a role in case Amica isn't ready.  Kid can ball. San Jose St., North Texas, and others have offered.

Sorry if I offended you.  We do need guys that can put the ball in the hoop. However a D3 guy for 1 year does not seem helpful.  But again u can't win them all.  And only 5 guys are on the court.

Edited by UA1882

2 hours ago, Dane96 said:

I do fell better knowing you have seen him play several times this year.  Because you said he can ball . I know you are not taking his 1 minute recruitment video as proof. He was only offered.  We will see what happens.  

Edited by UA1882

If the kid worked his butt off and got better, all the more power to him. D3 to NBA is definitely possible. I'm a nearly 3 decade long Miami Heat fan and we have a guy on our roster (Duncan Robinson) who went from D3 to Michigan to the NBA. One of the deadliest shooters in the NBA right now.

• Like 1

Grew up watching Doc Sauers and Bob Ford coach DIII and then transition to DII. Over the years, both had athletes who could have played DI.  The differences between a DI athlete & DII or DIII is/are NOT that great. The big difference comes into TEAM and depth. How many quality kids can you get in a given year. The individual differences might be a player is a step slow; from a smaller school or a district where competition does not enhance/allow growth; might be undersized or weight; might just be a late bloomer. IMHO no reason why a DIII kid, especially in this day & age cannot make a legitimate jump to DI ball and or as Eli illustrated, even the NBA

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1