UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Transfers

5 hours ago, Clickclack said:

This one stings...the fact that he just went into portal after DK was named and I'm sure he's spoken to him probably means he's gone. Hope I'm wrong. 

Or maybe DK thought he didn't fit his vision and hinted that he should?  Never know but either way definitely not good.  Nice player. 

9 hours ago, Clickclack said:

This one stings...the fact that he just went into portal after DK was named and I'm sure he's spoken to him probably means he's gone. Hope I'm wrong. 

Had we played a full conference season I thought Kelly would have been an easy all-conference pick. Top 10 in scoring and really efficient.

Not surprised he's leaving. From the outside, Kelly and Horton seemed like they were recruited together since they were teammates at Pratt CC and we had also been recruiting Latik Murphy, also from Pratt.

1 hour ago, UA1882 said:

Just a list of every person in the portal and their destination.  

https://watchstadium.com/college-basketballs-2020-21-transfer-list-10-26-2020/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

You know your in trouble when your conference has 28 players in the transfer portel (3.1 per team) and eight are from your team...not all may leave....however this means the average for the rest of the conference is 2.5 players per team

7 hours ago, cwdickens said:

You know your in trouble when your conference has 28 players in the transfer portel (3.1 per team) and eight are from your team...not all may leave....however this means the average for the rest of the conference is 2.5 players per team

Extra year of eligibility + new coach = checking out your options in the Transfer Portal. As you can see, it's affecting other programs that haven't changed their coach. It's the reality of today.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Is there a cutoff DATE when players must decide to return or NOT??

It's my understanding that any player can enter the transfer portal at any time . (365 days a year) .

Of course there is a cut off to enroll in schools and a scholarship limit.  However to answer your question there is no cutoff date that I know of. Several players enter the transfer portal mid year. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 11:53 AM, cwdickens said:

Why? No one seemed to care when Albany lost a quarter of the roster every single year. So now we're worried? I've been beating the lack of recruiting, lack of development and excessive transfers out of the program drum for years. At least now there's a reason for it or can be explained away.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Towson from the CAA, another one bid league.  I know he did not have the resume of Cremo or Nichols to get a bench role on a Power 5 team, but Towson was 4 and 14 this season, 2nd to last in CAA.  He will not sniff a tourney bid next season that's for sure.  Odd choice or maybe the only one?