UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Allegations swirling...

46 minutes ago, MRSGDG said:

I agree bringing in your own coaches makes sense, but the skeezy reasons (not toting his BS,not getting trashed with him, not willing to break NCAA rules between athletes and sponsors, etc) as to why he wanted specific coaches out (not based on records) shows you the kind of leader or lack there of Benson is as a person. And we see where that attitude has led the Department that's all. If he was a "normal" AD and got rid of coaches for real reasons and wasn't a dumpster fire of an AD that would be different. (Like why is Gattuso stilllll here šŸ„“) Here's hoping something changes so I can enjoy bringing my kiddos to games as they grow up in Albany.

I donā€™t disagree. I have no problem cleaning house.

I didn't like the Benson hire years ago.Ā  All he has done since his arrival is prove that he is in way over his head.Ā  If he had done the right thing last year and fired DK he could stay on his throne.Ā  It's time to clean house.Ā  Benson, Cegles, and Killings must be gone.Ā  Hire a new AD and let HER decide who should lead the football and men's basketball teams.Ā  At least require a candidate have a master's degree this time.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, dslyank said:

ps. I always thought President RodrĆ­guez had enough issues on his plate; and I never wanted to write him directly. I am out of the country until next Thursday. The first thing I do when I get back, isĀ to write President Rodriguez. And I urgeĀ everyone on this blog to do likewise.

If people feel a letter campaign to some other individual more effective or appropriate please supply your suggestions

You'll be lucky to get a response. I've written a few times RE: Losertusso and haven't heard a peep back. Not even a thanks for your opinion.

6 hours ago, UA1882 said:

I wrote the presidentĀ  a couple of months ago .Ā 

His response :

Honestly surprised you even got a response.

Nothing will happen folks.

Rodriguez (who I saw at many MBB games - not sure if he's still attending since it's at HVCC), Benson, Cegles and all of the other cronies that Benson has surrounded himself with are all complicit. The A. Dept.Ā is a dumpster fire and it is enabled by the very top. Rodriguez is either blind or willfully ignorant.

Give us a properly run department with winning programs again (we used to win everything under the sun - MBB, WBB, FB, T&F, LAX, etc.) and now we're left with none of it.

Starting a new acronym. MUAGA! Make U Albany Great Again!

I still see president Rodriguez at various athletic events at the temporary homes. Both Volleyball at sage and basketball at HVCC this season.

Disagree with your agreement of adding another meaningless "slogan". Basketball has mentality which was going to replace Albany 20 year D1 history and take the program to new levels.Ā 

• Haha 1

Timing is everything.Ā  The end of last week,Ā  we learned that Coach Dwayne Killings will face criminal charges and we learned the fate of Siena's WBB Coach Jim Jabir.Ā  Why do I bring up the comparison because there are differences, physical contact vs. verbal language incident.

Other then the letter of apology from Coach Killings, he has always deferred any comment by referencing his original letter where he offered his apology to the student athlete and others.Ā  After that, I have no recollection of Coach Killing expressingĀ any remorse and/or repentĀ for what he has done outside referencingĀ his original letter.Ā Ā 

Coach Jabir has expressedĀ remorse in a very personal manner, his apology andĀ the need to be a better person.Ā  He didĀ this in the front of the local media.Ā  He truly seems to be a man changed by his experience and ready to make the changes needed to move on.

Coach Killing and the UAlbany Athletic Department seems more concern about themselvesĀ then others, they have charge over.

Ā 

8 hours ago, bob87 said:

I still see president Rodriguez at various athletic events at the temporary homes. Both Volleyball at sage and basketball at HVCC this season.

Disagree with your agreement of adding another meaningless "slogan". Basketball has mentality which was going to replace Albany 20 year D1 history and take the program to new levels.Ā 

I heard the new slogan will be dropping the ity fromĀ "mentality"...it's now just mental!Ā 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

Timing is everything.Ā  The end of last week,Ā  we learned that Coach Dwayne Killings will face criminal charges and we learned the fate of Siena's WBB Coach Jim Jabir.Ā  Why do I bring up the comparison because there are differences, physical contact vs. verbal language incident.

Other then the letter of apology from Coach Killings, he has always deferred any comment by referencing his original letter where he offered his apology to the student athlete and others.Ā  After that, I have no recollection of Coach Killing expressingĀ any remorse and/or repentĀ for what he has done outside referencingĀ his original letter.Ā Ā 

Coach Jabir has expressedĀ remorse in a very personal manner, his apology andĀ the need to be a better person.Ā  He didĀ this in the front of the local media.Ā  He truly seems to be a man changed by his experience and ready to make the changes needed to move on.

Coach Killing and the UAlbany Athletic Department seems more concern about themselvesĀ then others, they have charge over.

Ā 

Please if he would have publicly shown remorse and apologize it wouldnā€™t have made a difference. Winning is everything and if this team was 17-4 this would be a different story. The team is not andĀ itā€™sĀ best to try and clean house top to bottom if even possible.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bob87 said:

He has always been very approachable at games and easy to talk to. Spoke to him several times at Volleyball games when he first arrived. He was very approachable and would always make a point to stop by & say hello to 87 & I.

Never felt it was my place to complain about athletics as he was just getting to know the UA and Iā€™m sure he had/has bigger fish to fry. Did have a nice conversation with him about his family in Porto Rico after the hurricaneĀ disasters.Ā 
Not saying it will accomplish anything, but still plan on writing him when I get back next week.Ā 

On 1/22/2023 at 10:59 AM, UA'08 said:

Please if he would have publicly shown remorse and apologize it wouldnā€™t have made a difference. Winning is everything and if this team was 17-4 this would be a different story. The team is not andĀ itā€™sĀ best to try and clean house top to bottom if even possible.

You are likely right; however, from my standpoint, what I stated seemed like the right thing to state.Ā  No regrets, thanks for your thoughts.

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

Times Union has reported that Dwyane Killings enter a not guility plea:

UAlbany basketball coach Dwayne Killings pleads not guilty to assault charge (timesunion.com)

Interesting read, especially the motions filed to dismiss. Fiz waited an entire YEAR to call Kentucky police, that is amazing to me.Ā 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Interesting read, especially the motions filed to dismiss. Fiz waited an entire YEAR to call Kentucky police, that is amazing to me.Ā 

I thought the same thing, however; in this day of age not as uncommon and what is year considering Killings had no intention of reporting the incident to the University.Ā  I am of the opinion, part of his legal team strategy to force Coach Killings to fight this battle on two fronts and to avoid having to answer the question why Luke never filed criminal charges.Ā  I am certain Luke Fizulich's legal team will be sharing any beneficial information from the depositions to the prosecutors.Ā