UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Allegations swirling...

On 1/24/2023 at 1:04 PM, godanesgo99 said:

Maybe shoving the players was inappropriate, but based on the official story, it does not sound like assault.

It may not be the common vernacular definition of assault, but it's almost certainly the legal one (someone familiar with Kentucky law would have to be consulted.) But one adult slapping another in the face, if it happened, is assault by any definition

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

It may not be the common vernacular definition of assault, but it's almost certainly the legal one (someone familiar with Kentucky law would have to be consulted.) But one adult slapping another in the face, if it happened, is assault by any definition

This is true...I think we can reasonably assess that physical contact happened that went above and beyound...both DK and the school have admitted as much. 

54 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

I'll point out that there is zero verifiable proof that the University ever reached a decision to fire DK. The only place we've ever heard this is in the lawsuit, an unsubstantiated allegation and the linchpin to Fiz's entire claim that pressure was applied to keep him and that pressure was applied to the investigation. I suspect the Universities lawyers will go after this very hard, demanding proof of this allegation. If this falls apart, the case craks...IMO.

Clickclack, you are absolutely right that there is no firsthand verification that a decision was made to fire Coach Killings.  No University personnel associated with investigation will ever give a firsthand account as not to violate the policies and practices in place for such matters unless directed by a court.  

I would rather be commenting how good our team is doing and the positive change the coaching change was.  However, we find ourselves debating an incident and a team's performance that has made it not relevant in our sports community.

P.S. I deleted a whole paragraph. 

18 hours ago, dslyank said:

Again you are assuming him quilty without hearing the facts or know what witnesses say or not say (as far as I know no one on this blog has the facts). Perhaps the suspension was simply a pre-deal so an innocent person could go on with his life? The prisons are full of people who take a deal for a shorter sentence rather than face what is often a biased system. Perhaps DK was suspended for not reporting an incident when he never felt or even knew “something happened.”

Not saying any of this is the case? Only saying let’s hear the witnesses & get the facts before saying “something happened.”

FYI Ron was responding to me because of my comment that Benson didn't act appropriately in light of what was said to have happened so I don't think Ron was assuming guilt. I am. My opinion of course.

My point is that DK f'ed up no matter how you slice it or dice it. He's the adult. I don't agree with anyone on here that is putting 100% of the blame on Fiz (hell, even more than 10% blame). He has some blame for waiting so long, etc. etc. sure...and maybe he had a wink wink agreement with DK about a roster spot which lead to him waiting so long that DK then reneged on (we don't know)...but people here are seemingly super eager to sweep this under the rug and blame the kid instead of holding the ADULT(s) accountable. I don't just don't get that and never will. DK getting a slap on the wrist (as someone said probably for not reporting rather than the contact itself) is a joke. The fact he was able to pick and choose the games he would miss is laughable.

It shouldn't matter whether the contact was a closed fist, a poke in the chest or a tickle of the taint...it was inapproriate contact. DK and UA admitted as much.

I'll put it bluntly: I'd like DK fired for cause so we can try to salvage whats left of this dumpster fire of a basketball program. The fact that people want him 'exonerated' and therefor in the coaches seat for another couple of years is baffling lol. Ya'll are a glutton for punishment.

This was a regretable hire and I'd much rather have a mediocre/stagnant ~.500 Brown roaming the sidelines with a first round playoff exit over whatever the hell this is. This is a complete and utter embarassment.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Eli said:

My opinion of course.

I certainly respect your opinion. Wanting DK fired for the dumpster fire season he has produced is reason enough to want him fired. But IMHO wanting him fired for Fiz incident, without all the facts [or for that matter any facts or collaboration at all] IMHO seems inherently unfair.

2 hours ago, dslyank said:

I certainly respect your opinion. Wanting DK fired for the dumpster fire season he has produced is reason enough to want him fired. But IMHO wanting him fired for Fiz incident, without all the facts [or for that matter any facts or collaboration at all] IMHO seems inherently unfair.

I actually feel the opposite way. Losing games sucks, but there are actually worse things than losing games and our program has done some of them lately.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dslyank said:

It's called a morals clause.  He admitted to inappropriate conduct, Did the act he admitted to rise to a level of breaching that clause can be determined by the evidence.  My hope is that the University, in its due diligence has determined that the act was not to that level.  

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 1

Benson doesn't seem to realize this men's BB program is going nowhere for the foreseeable future due to DK's criminal issues and his coaching performance on the court.  What young, talented kid as a senior in HS or a 2nd year JUCO or a grad transfer who are looking for a school for 23-24 would come to this dumpster fire?  And certainly none a little younger for 24-25 would want any part of this mess.  

In November they unveil a sharp looking SEFCU, who wants to watch them play after this season which conseratively may end up 8-23 at best, 6-25 at worst.   

Benson has to fire DK to save the program.  No one likes to admit they hired the wrong guy but he could look great and salvage future recruiting if a new guy turns things around.  Perfect example, the Jacksonville Jaguars president and owner realized the bad hire of Urban Meyer and fired him. One season later, new guy Peterson gets them to playoffs and a playoff win.  JMHO 

• Thanks 1

Considering that the AD gave an extension to Galoser, he’s probably considering a bonus for this guy. Loser + suspension + lawsuit + criminal charges …. That’s bonus material right there. And “Allegations Swirling” is up to 26 pages. That’s got to count for something. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

Considering that the AD gave an extension to Galoser, he’s probably considering a bonus for this guy. Loser + suspension + lawsuit + criminal charges …. That’s bonus material right there. And “Allegations Swirling” is up to 26 pages. That’s got to count for something. 

This thread has more pages than like the last 10 game threads combined. Maybe 15.