UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Allegations swirling...

This is why you need to wait before commenting.  SO this happened in a pre-game hype circle?  What kind of contact could have possibly occurred to rise to the level of $25,000 fine and 5 game suspension.  WTF

I honestly don't know who or what to believe anymore.  This becomes more farcical by the moment and if what Coach Killings has written here is true, and I have no reason to doubt him until evidence is presented otherwise, WTF is going on with the department and with the C-Suite at UALBANY.  Seriously...I mean, unless Killings cold cocked the kid by rearing back with intent to connect, this is horse$iena. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

This is why you need to wait before commenting.  SO this happened in a pre-game hype circle?  What kind of contact could have possibly occurred to rise to the level of $25,000 fine and 5 game suspension.  WTF

I honestly don't know who or what to believe anymore.  This becomes more farcical by the moment and if what Coach Killings has written here is true, and I have no reason to doubt him until evidence is presented otherwise, WTF is going on with the department and with the C-Suite at UALBANY.  Seriously...I mean, unless Killings cold cocked the kid by rearing back with intent to connect, this is horse$iena. 

None of this makes sense...hype circle contact lead to a 5 game suspension? Did he touch his *ick? What is going on? Lol...

Edited by Clickclack

For a second let’s believe the Twitter account. 

Do they think everyone is really stupid?  5 games and a fine for accidental contact?  Throw some anger management and take away his office too?  For accidental contact?  Please.  

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

None of this makes sense...hype circle contact lead to a 5 game suspension? Did he touch his *ick? What is going on? Lol...

Nothing fires people up like an ultimate wedgie. Either way look back at the Instagram video I posted here the other day. It tells it all. Clearly he didn’t look too happy, but nothing that screams I’m going to have to report this in 3 months. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, UA'08 said:

Nothing fires people up like an ultimate wedgie. Either way look back at the Instagram video I posted here the other day. It tells it all. Clearly he didn’t look too happy, but nothing that screams I’m going to have to report this in 3 months. 

I am hearing some uncorroborated stories from people that have deep college coaching connections about a potential relationship issue that may have led to this...again, uncorroborated.  It would explain that the player and coach had a weird dynamic. 

I go back to some of the original un-answered questions. Why was no complaint filed back in November? Why did the player play 8o% of the year with no apparent I’ll feeling? Was Fiz promised scholarship reneged and if so why & by whom? Did this lead to some drummed up charges on a issue that was so “insignificant” that no complaint was filed at the time? How do you assault (and that word was used by people “in the know”) someone in a hype circle? 
These questions which IMHO should be made transparent one way or another. IMHO the truth maybe difficult but better than living, working, playing & coaching basketball in a cloud of suspicion. And I am so sick of Personal Privacy protections rules/law, I want to🤮🤮🤮

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have been out of the loop.  It looks to me that DK hired the Siena pollster, who organized a protest by Alice Green and cohorts, which results in UA changing its position and DK pays a $25K fine, probably to an organization affiliated with one of the protesters.

I have no opinion regarding DK.  I've lost a lot of respect for the UA Administration.  I have had no respect for the Athletic Administration for years.

Edited by statefan
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It’s been almost a week of this nonsense and only the coach has given a detailed statement of what occurred. If it’s a lie, I’d hope someone from the basketball team, trainer, manager, or player would come out and say it in the next few days. Hype circles I would think involve the entire team. At this point I doubt the player involved will say anything about the incident as there has to be NDA’s out the wazoo.

• Confused 1

After reading the University at Albany Statement on the Men’s Basketball Program and Dwayne Killings Letter Attached here , I am of the opinion that University had just cause to investigate the incident, conducted the investigation appropriately, reached an acceptable conclusion and with appropriate resolution and consequences for Dwayne Killings.  Dwayne Killings letter offered acknowledgement of the incident and a sincere apology to the University, the fans, the community and most importantly to the student athlete and his family for the incident.  What I do not know, if the student athlete and his family have accepted the how the incident was resolved and Dwayne Killings apology for the incident. 

I strongly suspect Dwayne Killing time with us will not be the same since this incident has come to light however I wish the MBB team, the staff and Dwayne Killings much success going forward.

Time to move .... "Enough is enough"

This has every appearance of “CYA (everyone involved)” and lift rug, get broom, nothing to see here folks. 

A what exactly was the inappropriate contact?

B was it addressed at the time or immediately after?

C why was it not reported to the university for three months?

D who exactly reported it to the university and why did the person making the report feel it was necessary at that time?

E why did DK agree to a fine and suspension for an incident he describes as “accidental”?

F was there any interim contact by the player or the player’s family with anyone in the athletic department?

G is anyone in the athletic department being disciplined?

This “conclusion” of the allegation and investigation leaves more questions unanswered than answered. This further bolsters my painful decision to stop supporting UAlbany sports in any financial way including GDAC and tickets.