UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stadium: Architecture, Engineering, and Design AWARDED!

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Santillo now tweeting that the construction is to begin in June.

Hey now! Can you tailgate a construction project?

We can tailgate the Spring Game with a construction theme......

April 28th

I've never been to a tailgate but I'd go to this one if I could make it...let's just tailgate the start of construction.

Santillo now tweeting that the construction is to begin in June.

Hey now! Can you tailgate a construction project?

We can tailgate the Spring Game with a construction theme......

April 28th

I've never been to a tailgate but I'd go to this one if I could make it...let's just tailgate the start of construction.

I'm sure they'll have a ground breaking right? Why not have a party then?

Just saw the updated version of the story. Shocker...construction will be complicated by the "45,000 fans coming to see the Giants." Quite frankly...then the Giants need to buck up and donate something to this stadium and be the classy organization it seems to be. They have been getting a free ride for years (and we get a benefit, so I am not complaining)...but it's time they recognize Bob Ford the way we recognized the Tisch's and Mara's.

In more important news, "reliable sources" told the reporter that the Stadium will likely be called Bob Ford Stadium. While it would be amazing, I highly doubt that to be the case because there is too much money riding on sponsor level naming rights. I have to think it will be "Bob Ford Field at XXXXX Stadium."

Unless, of course, we get some crazy benefactor.

I thought it was going to be 30-45 days, but maybe on a project this size....

Or maybe they wanted to make sure the contractors got it right to avoid what happened on the water tower/fountain project

UAlbany seeking new bids

I had been told by a "pretty reliable source" that bids were to be completed by the END of February. Another delay or miss information. Well let's face it, we wasted probably the best winter construction season ever; might as well waste the spring and summer too. Might as well tailgate construction site (when and if it ever begins), might as well tailgate @ Albany High (they haven't won a game in how many years); because there will be no home game this season in BOB FORD FIELD AT xxxxStadium. And I am an optimist at heart (been called a polyann on this blog) but this thing just continues to get more and more frustrating--especially the miss information and secretivity.

I am pretty confident now. My big worry is what we actually get and did the put money in to expand the stadium asap. I would like to see a lower level endzone bowl put in first...followed by a removal of the temp stands to put in both upper and lower decks. I think that's the order of commonsense engineering.

Athletic Fields Repairs and Improvements

Description:

The State University of New York at Albany will receive sealed Proposals for Project No 01A70 titled Athletic Fields Repairs and Improvements until 2:30 pm local time on Tuesday, February 21, 2012 at the University at Albany, Service Building C, Room 136, when they will be opened publicly and read. Proposals may be hand delivered or mailed to the above location and must be received at such time.

Work of this contract includes, but is not limited to, athletic field repairs and upgrades to the existing track and field venue (NCAA Compliant); new multi-purpose stadium venue primarily serving football (NCAA Compliant) to accommodate approx. 6,000 spectators with synthetic turf field, stadium lighting, press box and precast concrete lower bowl seating and pre-manufactured steel/aluminum upper deck seating structure; new recreation field with synthetic turf field and new field lighting system; and all associated sitework and utilities. All work shall be in accordance with construction drawings and specifications. Contractor must be able to secure a performance bond for the full amount of their bid and should be prepared to anticipate a value in excess of $15,000,000 for this project. Please note that this project is exempt from the Wicks Law.

All work associated with this contract must be Fully Complete no later than November 30, 2013. To allow for project closeout, final billing and payment purposes, this contract shall expire 850 calendar days from the University contract approval date.

Bidding and Contract Documents may be examined free of charge at the Campus at the Office of Architecture, Engineering & Construction Management, Service Building C Room 136 or the following locations:

Eastern Contractors Association Inc.

McGraw Hill Construction c/o Dataflow

6 Airline Drive

71 Fuller Road

Albany, NY 12205

Albany, NY 12205

Electronic media (CDs) with a complete set of Bidding and Contract Documents (PDFs) must be obtained from the Consultant’s representative Clough Harbour & Associates, III Winners Circle, Albany, NY 12205, 518-453-4500 (phone). Section 143 of New York State Finance Law requires payment of a deposit to receive these documents. Accordingly, a check in the amount of $ 25.00 for each set, made payable to the University at Albany, is required. Deposits of $50.00 or less are non-refundable.

A pre-bid meeting and project walk-thru will be held with all prospective bidders on Friday, February 03, 2012 at 10:00am. Prospective bidders shall meet at the University at Albany, Uptown Campus in the Service Building “C” Conference Room 136. Directions and maps are available on the World Wide Web at http://www.albany.edu/pmts/maps.shtml. Contractors and persons attending the walk-thru will need follow all University parking regulations.

Bids must be submitted in duplicate in accordance with the instructions contained in the Information for Bidders. A Bid Security will be required for each bid in an amount not less than five (5) percent of the Total Bid.

It is the policy of the State of New York and the State University of New York to encourage minority and women-owned business enterprise participation in this project by contractors, subcontractors and suppliers, and all bidders are expected to cooperate in implementing this policy.

Eligibility/Qualifications Requirements / Preferences

Contractor must be able to secure performance & labor and material bonds in the amount of 100% of the contract sum and should be prepared to anticipate a value in excess of $15,000,000 for this project.

Minority Sub-Contracting Goal: 7%

Women Owned Sub-Contracting Goal: 4%

Due Date: 2/21/2012 2:30 PM

Contract Term: Starting ten (10) calendar days after the approval of the both Parties, all work associated with this contract must be Fully Complete no later than November 30, 2013.

University at Albany

1400 Washington Avenue, SBC

Albany,NY 12222

Phone: (518)442-3434

Fax: (518)437-3640

dlacomb@albany.edu

Contact 2: David Van Vranken Institutional Services

University at Albany

1400 Washington Avenue, MSC Room 302

Albany,NY 12222

Phone: (518)437-4579

Fax: (518)437-4571

dvanvranken@albany.edu

Submit To: Ashley Swint, Acct. Clerk Office of AECM

University at Albany

1400 Washington Ave, SBC

Albany,NY 12222

Phone: (518)442-3434

Fax: (518)437-3640

I have been looking at stadiums to see what we would get for $14M. It makes me a bit nervous. As a comparison, Geneseo is spending $14M for just 2k seats in their stadium. The stadiums in our 6k to 8k range seem to be hitting in the mid $20M to $30M. Look at SBU, Richmond, UC Davis.

The naming rights for the stadium, field and suites were coming after the bids. Could we be doing a quick turnaround phase two? $14M seems about $7M to $10M short on a project of this size. I looked at every stadium built since 2000 up to about 12k seats. Either we got a great deal, there is a phase two or we're getting an unattractive inexpensive structure. I hope I'm wrong.

Does anyone know if we're adding more money?

I have been looking at stadiums to see what we would get for $14M. It makes me a bit nervous. As a comparison, Geneseo is spending $14M for just 2k seats in their stadium. The stadiums in our 6k to 8k range seem to be hitting in the mid $20M to $30M. Look at SBU, Richmond, UC Davis.

The naming rights for the stadium, field and suites were coming after the bids. Could we be doing a quick turnaround phase two? $14M seems about $7M to $10M short on a project of this size. I looked at every stadium built since 2000 up to about 12k seats. Either we got a great deal, there is a phase two or we're getting an unattractive inexpensive structure. I hope I'm wrong.

Here's a good idea of what you get for your money in Albany.

http://www.albany.edu/campusplanning/documents/Athletics%20Master%20Plan%20(Heery%20-%202009).pdf

These are from 2009.

I think we'll end up somewhere in between.

Thank you for sharing. That does help explain what is feasible. To get a SBU equivilent stadium we must have made some concessions other than the number of seats. At only $350 a seat, We couldn't have saved more than $1M or $2M on seats cutting back on permanent seats. On the other side of the equation, I didn't factor in the $1.25M already paid to Heery. Maybe SBU's $22M factored in the archatectual costs? That would help close the gap.

Specifically around these two options, I assume they were both rejected as one was a $8M option and the other was a $22m option. Looks like we have a hybrid option, somewhere in between. The $8M option has a 2010 assumption so these documents must be a few years old.

I'm very greatful to see we're starting construction very soon. I agree it's best to have phases or else we'd never have anything. I'm just hoping there weren't too many sacrafices from the plan shown in the video.

Here's a good idea of what you get for your money in Albany.

http://www.albany.edu/campusplanning/documents/Athletics%20Master%20Plan%20(Heery%20-%202009).pdf

These are from 2009.

I think we'll end up somewhere in between.

I missed that you said these are from 2009. Sorry about that.

WTF- Geneseo is getting a stadium? Are they even D3? That is so full of fail that we are a successful D1 football program at a major university and our stadium budget is the same as f'ing Geneseo.

Archived