UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ LCC 12/13 ( not the day whiny patsos wanted)

the fact is they play teams from our conference on the road...period...END OF STORY! If you have a rivalry w/ a school, you switch it up. Many programs in college football and basketball have rivalries w/ other schools that have smaller facilities. Your telling me over a 10 year contract, you can't man-up and play 5 road games at SEFCU Arena? Again, to me it goes back to the idea of "we are better than you", and that mentality has been put to shame in basketball and almost every other sport over the past decade. So if they don't wanna do it, screw them!

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a HUGE flaw in the splitting tickets down the middle idea.

If I'm avg joe, in order to buy my ticket I call or go to ticketmastee. The box office will not ask me who I'm rooting for. They will just sell me my ticket. If I go online I'm not going to know half the court is one fan group and the other is the other. All walk ups will be seated with Siena.

I just see that not working well for us. I can see it now purple shirts in the green area. Regukar capital disteict people all seated on Sienas side.And the headline..UALBANY only sells 2000 tickets, Siena 9000..due to them owning the box office, website etc.

My understanding isnthat each school would prepurchase half tickets for "their" side of the arena and then distribute / sell as they see fit. We better be careful of what we want, just might get a fistful of empty seats on our side and $out the door for a few years!

If I'm avg joe, in order to buy my ticket I call or go to ticketmastee. The box office will not ask me who I'm rooting for. They will just sell me my ticket. If I go online I'm not going to know half the court is one fan group and the other is the other. All walk ups will be seated with Siena.

I just see that not working well for us. I can see it now purple shirts in the green area. Regukar capital disteict people all seated on Sienas side.And the headline..UALBANY only sells 2000 tickets, Siena 9000..due to them owning the box office, website etc.

My understanding isnthat each school would prepurchase half tickets for "their" side of the arena and then distribute / sell as they see fit. We better be careful of what we want, just might get a fistful of empty seats on our side and $out the door for a few years!

I see. Hmm, well unless regular people knew they had to call UA to get our tickets we'd still have the same issue. The TU will not ask and then re-direct people, nor will a ticketmaster website. I've never sold tickets so I don't know how it actually works, but just thinking from a regular random person trying to buy one they are going to call or go to the venue the game is at. Hmm, we'll see what Mark can get us.

Great game, seems like they just had energy. Maybe WB just pounds the crap out od 'em in practice all the time except for games like this and conference tourney time?

Maybe. I thought some of our problem had been that we hadn't been practicing. Since the Colgate game we've been travelling all over the country. I thought the week of practice we had leading up to this game helped a ton. We made much better decisions on offense that we had been doing.

I thought Sam Rowley took fewer shots that usual tonight but contributed more. 11 points, 8 rebounds, three assists, 2 blocks and NO TURNOVERS. Great effort in a much more balanced attached than we've seen through the first few games.

Thanks DP. I have been trying to say this (obviously not as good as you). A little rest, home cooking (let's hear it for dorm food--I worked for UAS years ago--don't know who has the contract now), and time to PRACTICE = success.

The flaw would be the arrogance and stupidity of LCC.

There are at least 3 occasions in my travels that I bought tickets for an out of town game where I WAS asked on line.

Those games were the first international bowl played in Toronto where I was Asked MAC or Big est side in the ticket buying process, the bowl game in Atlanta the day after Albany played at North Carolina where I specifically bought a ticket on the Virginia Tech side instead of the Tennessee side and last year a the hockey game in Madison Square Garden where I bought my ticket on the Boston University side rather than the Cornell side.

Also for the RPI Union hockey game at the Knick the last 2 seasons we get 4 vouchers for the 4 season tickets we have and someone in our group goes down to the box office and converts them to tickets for seats in the RPI section.

So bottom line , it could be done if by competent people. But I would say LCC does not fall in that category.

Now that the real pittance figures have been released, no change in my opinion if they can't agree to some type of equitable split, people can see just how easy they would be to replace. I mean you could get another home game every other year by adding a better team in a home and home or you would get significantly more money playing a better money road team.

Edited by bob87

One game at the TUC and one game at SEFCU each year. A home and home just like so many rivalries. Anything less, walk away from this game. Enough is enough. I want a game at SEFCU.

I'm sure a lot of RPI hockey fans get shut out of their road game at Union each year because Union's arena is so small. That's why it's a "road" game!

And playing Siena twice a year will not dilute the rivalry at all. I'm from Ann Arbor, and I assure you that playing Ohio is no less passionate the second or third time that we play them in a college basketball season and Big 10 Tournament.

Edited by UA_MA_2000

Luckily for all involved I have figured out the solution. To continue the series:

1) Sign a 5 year contract to play one game each season, at the Times Union Center.

2) Do not include the game in any season ticket package.

3) "Neutralize" the environment:

a.) Either play on a court with no school or conference decals, or ship half of UAlbany's court downtown.

b.) Black out all the Siena lights on the facing of the upper deck, and on the scoreboard.

c.) Do not allow anyone affiliated with either school to handle the video coverage (both during and after the game.)

d.) Have a neutral public address announcer.

e.) Divide time for on-court promotions and contests equally.

f.) Have a small neutral committee determine the player of the game.

g.) Place UAlbany signs over one half of the Siena signs on the concourse.

4) Divide ALL revenues based upon the number of season ticket holders for each school as reported (and verified by an independent auditor) on December 1st. This will encourage both schools to promote season ticket sales more actively and will offer an approximation of current support.

5) Have designated seating areas for each team, with new sections opening to each school based upon ticket sales.

That should handle it!

Win 5 of the 5 games, and start holding back from Siena!

my question is do many teams wanna play a non-conference rival twice in a season? Florida doesn't play FSU twice a year. I don't see why they don't just switch it off every other year. Simple and easy. Give 1k tickets to away team every year and call it a day.

I mean let's be honest here...Siena is traveling to Radford, who have been to less NCAA Tournaments and fit only 3k into their arena. What's the difference if they play a "road game" 5 miles down the road, in which they can still get fans into the game instead of going to Radford. Years they play SEFCU they can get a "bigger name" to come to TU if it makes them happy. I mean the answer to this problem is so simple! Again...they have this garbage mentality of "we are better than you" in every idea of athletics...which we have continuously put to shame in the last decade.

I'm glad to see the passion on this board this year for a more equitable contract with Siena. I don't think I've observed this much dissatisfaction with the current state of affairs since the rivalry was renewed. To me, it marks a great step in maturity on our part. We're disgusted with the current conditions, and we're not going to take it any more. With the new AD, I think we're finally going to see a positive change here.