UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Brown/AD Benson Thread

I've been dormant here for quite a while, I must say that I'm not thrilled about this at all but I know that WB will land on his feet.

This however is the last straw for me with MB.  I feel like he never made an effort with middle donors and that we were taken for granted as "loyal fans" but our pockets were not deep enough for him.  Sad thing is that many members of the Sec 600 crew are now in the position to be giving at a higher level and we are probably going to balk at it.  

His public lashing of SM over the TK1 Insta fiasco where he was "compelled to publicly repudiate" SM's statement about the NCAA Monopoly showed what he is about.  Matter could have easily been dealt with SM releasing an apology statement that says he was acting rashly and responding emotionally and discussed the matter with internal UA staff.  Instead MB grandstanded instead of standing my Marr.  FOH MB, low class move. 

So for me this was a dead issue a long time ago, but this gong show just solidified it for me and most of 600 crew, We will continue to support teams but it will be limited to one or two hoops games a year and Lax when my kids aren't playing at their respective schools.

Edited by JonUA97
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JonUA97 said:

I've been dormant here for quite a while, I must say that I'm not thrilled about this at all but I know that WB will land on his feet.

This however is the last straw for me with MB.  I feel like he never made an effort with middle donors and that we were taken for granted as "loyal fans" but our pockets were not deep enough for him.  Sad thing is that many members of the Sec 600 crew are now in the position to be giving at a higher level and we are probably going to balk at it.  

His public lashing of SM over the TK1 Insta fiasco where he was "compelled to publicly repudiate" SM's statement about the NCAA Monopoly showed what he is about.  Matter could have easily been dealt with SM releasing an apology statement that says he was acting rashly and responding emotionally and discussed the matter with internal UA staff.  Instead MB grandstanded instead of standing my Marr.  FOH MB, low class move. 

So for me this was a dead issue a long time ago, but this gong show just solidified it for me and most of 600 crew, We will continue to support teams but it will be limited to one or two hoops games a year and Lax when my kids aren't playing at their respective schools.

TK1?

I'm not sure whether this thread's primary theme is to support Will's record or to fire Benson. Quite frankly, I am all about the school, its reputation and standing. The deed is done. MB should be talking to donors, the players and the public. Better yet, this national search has to be done expeditiously and a new coach introduced. I hope the new coach will see the wisdom of defining a role for Jon I.   

Edited by ontheroad
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

I cannot believe someone does not know TK1 ...... likely not Instagram person .... that  said UA08 .... see you down the road

Lol. I do follow him and his handle is not TK1. So sorry did not know he was on the status of just a 3 character abbreviation. 

I do remember he had to sit out a few games with eligibility issues, but what was there something publicly said by Benson on that situation?

Edited by UA'08

7 minutes ago, reeder said:

Posted to the transfers thread yesterday. Wish him the best. Hopefully he gets to play D1 somewhere else. To bring back up the topic of eligibility, it says he’s got 1 year left, but as the other UA said he’s technically got 2. Still puzzled on the eligibility 

Edited by UA'08

21 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Posted to the transfers thread yesterday. Wish him the best. Hopefully he gets to play D1 somewhere else. To bring back up the topic of eligibility, it says he’s got 1 year left, but as the other UA said he’s technically got 2. Still puzzled on the eligibility 

NCAA gave everyone a waiver because some schools didn't play, some only had like 10 games, etc. so everyone gets an extra year.

39 minutes ago, Eli said:

NCAA gave everyone a waiver because some schools didn't play, some only had like 10 games, etc. so everyone gets an extra year.

Yep, he would have 1 but because of the one year granted it's 2. Additionally, he's a grad transfer meaning he has his undergrad so he can potentially go for his masters and take 2 years to get it. Dude killed in the classroom clearly so now the world is his oyster. Live your best life, young buck! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am excited for Coach Killings and what he brings. I'm beyond happy that at this moment he looks like a great hire. I feel more optimism on the board at this moment than we have had since we still had Cremo and Nichols, we almost beat UVM for the title, and we're about to have 3 aussies who had redshirted and deSousa and Rizzuto about to come in as Freshman. You know, before the 2 stars decided to move on (which I still argue was best for both of them and the right move for them)

I know this won't happen anytime in the near future, especially with Benson at the helm, but Brown deserves to have a banner raised on SEFCU next to Doc's. The program might be better off today with Killings than it was a month ago with Brown (hopefully it is or at least will be but that is yet to be determined) but Brown made UA what it is, and should be enshrined with the legend status that he deserves after starting with 0 and sending UA to the dance 5 times over 20 years.

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

I am excited for Coach Killings and what he brings. I'm beyond happy that at this moment he looks like a great hire. I feel more optimism on the board at this moment than we have had since we still had Cremo and Nichols, we almost beat UVM for the title, and we're about to have 3 aussies who had redshirted and deSousa and Rizzuto about to come in as Freshman. You know, before the 2 stars decided to move on (which I still argue was best for both of them and the right move for them)

I know this won't happen anytime in the near future, especially with Benson at the helm, but Brown deserves to have a banner raised on SEFCU next to Doc's. The program might be better off today with Killings than it was a month ago with Brown (hopefully it is or at least will be but that is yet to be determined) but Brown made UA what it is, and should be enshrined with the legend status that he deserves after starting with 0 and sending UA to the dance 5 times over 20 years.

Agreed ..at the time he took over a mess of a program and build a strong foundation here for many years. Regardless of how or why it ended, that deserve respect.

30 minutes ago, UAFAN said:

Hofstra MBB job open

Hofstra moved Milhalek to special consuel position in the athletic dept.  Last year he won the CAA tourney and was going dancing until Covid.  Did very well there but I would guess he was burned out and they agreed to help him out to reduce the time and stress of a MBB head coach.