UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB 2021-22 Preseason - News/Articles/Predictions/Chatter

16 hours ago, UA1882 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-rankings-countdown-of-every-team-begins-with-nos-358-201-for-the-2021-22-season/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Cbs released their rankings.  

268. UAlbany: The Great Danes enter as a bottom-four team in the America East, but it could well be the last time that ever happens under first-year coach Dwayne Killings, who knows the area well and hired a strong staff

Bulletin board material

13 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

My son's little league game got rescheduled for 10am, not sure if I'll make the scrimmage or not now. Really pissed me off. Hope the rain comes earlier and the game is cancelled.

Current forecast lifted from the NWS: 

Saturday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 3pm. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds. High near 74. South wind 11 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Saturday Night
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before midnight, then a chance of showers. Low around 49. West wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

According to the UAlbany MBB Instagram account looking for walk-on candidates:

ualbany_mbb WALK-ON TRYOUTS COMING SOON‼️

Please contact dmadhavapallil@albany.edu for more info 📧ℹ️📥

Interesting. Team already had two walk-ons I thought. Maybe looking for additional practice players?

5 minutes ago, blorp said:

Did anyone make it there today? How was it? Early hype about any of the new guys?

Was just coming to ask the same thing. Usually lots of chatter about this game. Amazing how this school is slowly alienating it's most loyal fan base to the point that this group here is not posting or fired up at all for any sports really. 

• Thanks 1

I made it for the second half. Probably a couple hundred people in the stands watching. 

Team looked a little rough but very athletic. I've left feeling much stronger about teams in the past, but this team definitely felt much faster than we are used to seeing. 

I think I was most impressed my Little. 

Amica didn't play.

Hutch looked good on D and grabbing rebounds but didn't shoot well.

Shafer hurt his ankle at one point.

Reddish has ups, but is still raw.

Cerutti can shoot.

Neely has some nice hands.

Perry was unstoppable.

That's really all I remember.

I was there for most of it. Started out slow. But ended up playing pretty well.  Different style of basketball . It's faster but sometimes they are out of control.

Neely is going to be a star. 

Hutcheson hit more 3's in this game then he did all last season. I just don't see a ton of playing time for him if this team is any good. 

I am hoping for a good year.  But .500 would be acceptable.  

We MAY start out a little slow on the year but hopefully come around during conference play . 

This is probably the deepest,  on paper, America East Conference we have seen in a long time.  

I was there for the whole thing...as others noted, it was a slow start...but as the game went on, they got more comfortable and less methodical. Just played ball. 

- Perry is a nice player, I think will be an important piece this year. Definitely a big wing or a stretch four, can work inside and out. 

- Doles had a nice game, will probably be the starter at 5

- Newman is pretty athletic and big and will probably back up Doles, if he can give us 5 or 6 pts and 5 or 6rb would be nice. Was pretty quiet most of the game but a little bit at the end. 

- Hutch confidence seems back...was splashing 3's, it was nice to see for a kid that hung in there. Should definitely be in the play in group

- Shaffer I though was pretty quiet but scored a bucket or two before twisting his right ankle.

- Drumgoold was quiet, hit a shot close to the end of the game but otherwise didn't make much of an impression

- Champion did a lot of thing well, steady, senior leader, hit a few 3's...solid defense, moved the ball, definitely someone who will be in the top 10 and part of rotation

- Fizulich I found was very good, I'm not sure where he plays but tough on the ball defense, quick, jitter bug type player that will be under the skin of opposing guards, pretty shifty. 

- Cerruti has a nice stroke, probably will start at 2 guard at least to start the year as they will need some shooting. Definitely a D1 player

- Ketner big bodied, had a few nice moves down low but will probably need a little bit of time to adjust

- Horton had quite the battle with Little...should start the year as starting PG but Little gave him fits. 

- Little...this is a guy who's going to be a star in the AE. Beautiful pace to his game, long, strong and quick, made some really nice passes, head up, I felt good about him running a team. Wasn't out of control but did force a few 3's late as he hit a few earlier and was probably feeling himself. He and Neely are the future along with the big kid we just signed. Very impressed by him, kid is a baller. Was giving Horton all he could handle. 

- Neely same thing...this kid is a steal for us. Thick and strong, very athletic, doesn't look like  a freshman at all and may be a 4 year starter here if she sticks around. Pretty much can operate at all 3 levels, can take smaller guards into the post, can shoot the 3, can pull up from mid-range. Strong on defense. 

- Reddish probably our most athletic kid...very long and can jump out of the gym. At one point went up for the rebound and head was above the rim...lol...but he's a project. 

Overall as they settled in the game had a nice pace to it...started out very very slow. Team is bigger and more athletic than last year for sure. 

- I'd start Horton, Cerruti, Nealy, Perry and Doles with the bench being Little, Fizulich, Champion, Hutch and Newman. To bad didn't get to see Amica today. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Thanks 2