UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Allegations swirling...

17 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

I just checked Twitter and it does look like Luke is the guy in question 

Late February the school was made aware. Could be around the time he was told sorry Luke we can’t offer you a scholarship for next year? Someone please make a movie out of this.

1 minute ago, UA'08 said:

Late February the school was made aware. Could be around the time he was told sorry Luke we can’t offer you a scholarship for next year? Someone please make a movie out of this.

I noticed Luke wasn’t on the bench for the last 2-3 games. Makes sense if that’s when the school was made aware.

9 minutes ago, PurpleGold11 said:

I noticed Luke wasn’t on the bench for the last 2-3 games. Makes sense if that’s when the school was made aware.

Luke played 6 minutes on 2/26 . Then not at all.  The crazy thing is how does it go from an incident in NOVEMBER, to playing all year, to not playing in final 2 games.  All I can think of is the situation got worse and worse.  It had to.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

If it was Luke, that's sad. I mean the kid followed DK here from Marquette. There had to be some form of a good relationship there before.

Seems plausible; but at the same time it was noted that Luke loved DK @ Marquette and the feeling was mutual. Also, DK does NOT seem like the type to go back on his word??? So as you say SAD if all true.

So in the meantime I'll hold out hope that Benson denied the scholarship, putting DK in an awkward position and ultimately Luke with pressure from his parents filed a complaint about what was basically nothing in November. I KNOW, I KNOW I'M fantasizing and speculating but still would love to see DK stay and Benson get what's coming to him for running UA athletics into the ground for any number of reasons.🙄😛

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, UA'08 said:

So your thought was if DK quietly resigned after the season the player would have stayed quiet. Yeah that would have been a great look too. This is all trash. The coaches, admins, and players. Tear it all down. It’s been trash for years.

I have been a great look either. But it seems like something strange when on with the reporting in the timeline.

If DK was supposed to be on administrative leave for allegedly assaulting a player during this time frame (3/17/22) why would his boss Vic tweet that he has the best staff in the country?

How could anyone think that an internal athletic investigation would not be partial if the administrative staff were publicly stating how great their coach was after what they knew was alleged. No one says you have to tweet things. It means he went out of his way to state this publicly while he was supposedly knew his employee was on administrative leave.🤦‍♀️

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

“There are many sources of mine, and I’m not ready to go official with this, but there are many that just say it’s over, he’s done. He will no longer, eventually, be the coach at the University at Albany,” Wyland said.

per the Times Union website

8 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

Then let's get this over with now . No need to wait . Fire the AD as well.  

Just probably working out the for cause compensation, if any.  I also really cant see how benson survives this if there was any coverup

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MRSGDG said:

If DK was supposed to be on administrative leave for allegedly assaulting a player during this time frame (3/17/22) why would his boss Vic tweet that he has the best staff in the country?

How could anyone think that an internal athletic investigation would not be partial if the administrative staff were publicly stating how great their coach was after what they knew was alleged. No one says you have to tweet things. It means he went out of his way to state this publicly while he was supposedly knew his employee was on administrative leave.🤦‍♀️

Umm he was talking about DK's staff that did the driving, not about DK in that tweet. Also, for all we know Vic didn't know about an investigation. Many of these things are kept to a "need to know" basis.

• Haha 2