UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Allegations swirling...

I just want to say, and probably not the thread or time to bring it up and many may say he's not ready...but I truly believe UA should take a very hard look at Brent Wilson for their next coach if this does go down.

As more info comes out, my fantasy of this being an overblown rumor, and much ado about nothing seems to be fading away.

It still makes no sense to me why the only players in the portal so far are grad transfers testing the waters for higher offers and a walk-on that could probably get a ship and playing time at a lower school (yes there are lower conferences lol). 

I would think that there would be a mass exodus of names into the portal. Even if they don't leave, you'd think uncertainty about the next coach would at least make them explore. This is what makes no sense to me, and why I still have hope it's overblown and the school will find a way to retain him.

Clarification: if he really did "assault" a player he should be gone. If Benson knew and covered it up for more than 48 hours, he should be gone as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MRSGDG said:

If DK was supposed to be on administrative leave for allegedly assaulting a player during this time frame (3/17/22) why would his boss Vic tweet that he has the best staff in the country?

How could anyone think that an internal athletic investigation would not be partial if the administrative staff were publicly stating how great their coach was after what they knew was alleged. No one says you have to tweet things. It means he went out of his way to state this publicly while he was supposedly knew his employee was on administrative leave.🤦‍♀️

Because they have all lost their mind...did no-one instruct Vic to stay quiet? Of course they did...he's just snubbing his nose at those who told him. 

#CleanHouse

54 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

Mark my words, and I hope to god I'm wrong but Killings will be fired and that moron Benson will be allowed to keep his job. Wait and see. If that's true I will not donate another dollar over the amount I need to keep my season tickets.  

Same, if Benson isn't fired I'm done with all financial support of this program including basketball. 

1 hour ago, GreatDanes06 said:

I just want to say, and probably not the thread or time to bring it up and many may say he's not ready...but I truly believe UA should take a very hard look at Brent Wilson for their next coach if this does go down.

UA needs a clean break from all the circus of Benson, pervious staff etc. if this is all substantiated and heads roll. Gut this athletic program to the core and start rebuilding a whole new leadership and coaching team. No one with any connection to previous coaches, AD's etc. should be considered for open positions in administration or MBB... IMO. 

There are people on Twitter saying bring back the previous coach. For what...5 transfers every year, losing records, incredible highs twice a decade otherwise mediocre horrible basketball, best case 4th place finish in the AE and NEVER contend for regular season title, horrible OOC schedule packed with the drags of D1 to pump up a win record (and still lose), little player development, JUCO galore, excuses out the wazoo.... NO! Yeah program was super clean...but the product was brutal to watch and got worse towards the end. If you need to know anything about the character of people from the past, the first thing that came out of their mouth was "karma" to be quickly deleted (can't even man up and keep the tweet up). Petty to the bitter end and clearly still butthurt. Entitled, thinking they had a job for life even as the loses mounted for years. Again, just my opinion but don't look back. There are plenty talented, ambitious people that will undertake a rebuild of this athletic department and MBB program. Give new blood a chance...maybe it works, maybe it won't but there should be ZERO consideration for ghosts of the past and more of the same mediocrity. 

This will take years to restore but you start with cutting out ALL of the cancer. Can't wait for the anti-athletics members of faculty to get in on the action here. 

Edited by Clickclack

58 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Umm he was talking about DK's staff that did the driving, not about DK in that tweet. Also, for all we know Vic didn't know about an investigation. Many of these things are kept to a "need to know" basis.

Absolutely ZERO chance Vic doesn't know about the investigation.  His PRIME responsibility is the basketball program. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, godanesgo99 said:

Umm he was talking about DK's staff that did the driving, not about DK in that tweet. Also, for all we know Vic didn't know about an investigation. Many of these things are kept to a "need to know" basis.

He taged the coach not the coaching staff.

And DK's direct boss is Vic. There is no chance Vic was unaware...zero. 

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MRSGDG said:

He taged the coach not the coaching staff.

And DK's direct boss is Vic. There is no chance Vic was unaware...zero. 

I did not know the coach reported to Vic and not Benson. 

Wouldn't that mean this whole situation is on Vic and Benson has him as a shield if there was a cover up?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Mark my words, and I hope to god I'm wrong but Killings will be fired and that moron Benson will be allowed to keep his job. Wait and see. If that's true I will not donate another dollar over the amount I need to keep my season tickets.  

We all know Benson will be here after this is done. I have little doubt this snake will survive. Who are we kiddin?

3 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Vic is like 3rd in command over there. No way he didn't know.

2 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Same, if Benson isn't fired I'm done with all financial support of this program including basketball. 

I've already decided they won't get another dollar from me until Benson is removed. In fact, I got a call from UAlbany today from a young lady looking for donations. Point blank told her until the athletic program fixes its major issues, they won't see a penny from me. She said she'd pass it on to her supervisor and we ended the call. Perfect timing to get that call lol.

I've also signed up for USF's forum and have had preliminary discussions about getting season tickets down here for MBB and FB. It's about 2-3x the price ($350/per ticket for decent seats at Raymond James - not sure on MBB prices). If UA ever hopes to see a dime out of me (and many others) they will be smart to remove Benson and a bunch of other admins.

I kept my tickets last year as a donation to the program and would consider keeping that going...if we weren't such a dumpster fire. But, until such time as that fire is put out, I'll be spending my 'sports dollars' locally/elsewhere.

Edited by Eli
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, godanesgo99 said:

Wouldn't that mean this whole situation is on Vic and Benson has him as a shield if there was a cover up?

Except Vic is the son of a friend of Benson so who knows.

Edited by MRSGDG

9 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

I like to think Vic and Benson are smart enough not to conspire to cover-up....five years ago there was investigation into a women's sports program .... more about how the coach was treating the student athletes .... the investigation, my understanding, resulted from concerns by one or more student athletes .... the coach resigned just prior to the sports season.

My questions have been:

• Why did DK not self report the incident at the time of the occurrence?  If this incident was unintentional, this could have dealt with and by now long forgotten
  • Did other MBB players or MBB assistant coaches witness the alleged incident?  Did any of them report the incident to someone within the Athletic Department and if not why?  What prevented them from reporting the incident.

Speaking of Vic .... saw him last Tuesday, while walking over to Fallon Field for WLAX ..... he looked like a "hot mess" and was on his cell phone .... what appeared to be having serious conversation.... As I said earlier .... I started to realize that something was up when the number of social media posts dropped to zero and the lack of participation in the March Madness was minimal for MBB 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GreatDanes06 said:

Would think Brent is a Will Brown protege. Agree, he might be good choice; but with Benson in-charge NO WAY he is even looked at.

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Would think Brent is a Will Brown protege. Agree, he might be good choice; but with Benson in-charge NO WAY he is even looked at.

I respectively disagree .... outstanding JUCO coach ... respected sports administrator ..... knows how to recruit .... I think Benson is looking for candidate that can heal the wounds he has created ..... I think the real question: Does he want to work for Benson ..... having to report to Vic.... ugh....