UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

SEFCU Reno

Seems like the only negative in this whole situation is for the indoor track team.  Running in the tunnels suck.  It can be done for a little while but over time if they don't build an indoor option it will hurt the team long term.  

PS love the fact that the TU has no article about the renovation.  

Edited by B9j2j6s

1 hour ago, B9j2j6s said:

PS love the fact that the TU has no article about the renovation.  

Didn’t see anything on Ch 13, Ch 6 posted some of the release on their website.

Today Ch 10 put up some video with comments by the coaches at the end

https://www.news10.com/sports/ualbany-announces-renovations-for-sefcu-arena-pe-gym/

17 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

I still have delusional hopes of needing more seating, not less, but if the entire place is chairbacks then that's a good thing. I'd rather have a full loud arena then the empty echo chamber. 

Didnt the team average over 4k fans 2014-15?

Not close. MAYBE 3400. Can't tell because the dumbass website now only shows stats going back the last three seasons. They have game results, so if you really want to you could look at the box scores game by game and add them up yourself.

36 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Not close. MAYBE 3400. Can't tell because the dumbass website now only shows stats going back the last three seasons. They have game results, so if you really want to you could look at the box scores game by game and add them up yourself.

Or you could look here. https://www.ncaa.org/sports/2013/11/27/ncaa-men-s-basketball-attendance.aspx

1 hour ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Albany Attendance in the D1 Era

• 2000 - 1,290
  • 2001 - 1,148
  • 2002 - 1,649
  • 2003 - 1,168
  • 2004 - 1,193
  • 2005 - 1,945
  • 2006 - 2,541
  • 2007 - 3,175
  • 2008 - 3,031
  • 2009 - 2,826
  • 2010 - 2,646
  • 2011 - 2,163
  • 2012 - 2,480
  • 2013 - 2,924
  • 2014 - 2,656
  • 2015 - 3,390
  • 2016 - 3,160
  • 2017 - 2,654
  • 2018 - 2,474
  • 2019 - 2,105
  • 2020 - 2,162
  • 2021 - COVID
  • 2022 - 

Edited by godanesgo99

So, forgetting the early years (and starting with 2005 where we grew), over 16 years we averaged 2,583 in a dump.  Honestly, with better amenities and chairbacks, I can see us averaging 3,000.  3,800 is perfect. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Work has begun. At least, there are signs up to detour for deliveries, and that the courts are unavailable for recreation. The west side seating (sections 550-750?) has mostly been removed (they haven't papered over the lobby door windows yet.)

University web site for tickets only shows football, and cheer/dance dues (?)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madDOG said:

Will the exterior be renovated as well or is this 100% interior? 

I think interior. I asked early in this thread about improved handicap access from the parking lot and there didn't seem to be any.

EDIT: Checked the "Building on Greatness" story on the UA web site, nothing mentions exterior improvements. But the story now says the price is $12 million, up from 11, 8.5 million raised so far.

Edited by UAalum72
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

I think interior. I asked early in this thread about improved handicap access from the parking lot and there didn't seem to be any.

EDIT: Checked the "Building on Greatness" story on the UA web site, nothing mentions exterior improvements. But the story now says the price is $12 million, up from 11, 8.5 million raised so far.

Will there be a progress cam like for Casey? I loved that thing

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

The price was always 12.  They were smart about how they went about this-- the line items in the forecasting were separated: 10 million for renos and 2 million for bleachers.  The original budget was listed as 10  However, the bid had a option for wi-fi for the building.  Due to the bid price actually staying low, the University was able to funnel the wi-fi project into the project as well, so they exercised the 1 million dollar option.  Embedded in the total upset limit is a percentage for cost overruns.

In short, we were able to get everything we wanted, including the option, renos, and bleachers, for the original forecast price.  Kinda incredible in today's world where supply chain costs have increased construction/manufacturing projects anywhere from 15-25% from pre-pandemic values.  

3 hours ago, Dane96 said:

The price was always 12.  They were smart about how they went about this-- the line items in the forecasting were separated: 10 million for renos and 2 million for bleachers.  The original budget was listed as 10  However, the bid had a option for wi-fi for the building.  Due to the bid price actually staying low, the University was able to funnel the wi-fi project into the project as well, so they exercised the 1 million dollar option.  Embedded in the total upset limit is a percentage for cost overruns.

In short, we were able to get everything we wanted, including the option, renos, and bleachers, for the original forecast price.  Kinda incredible in today's world where supply chain costs have increased construction/manufacturing projects anywhere from 15-25% from pre-pandemic values.  

That explains why they are making the bleachers out of papier mache.

• Haha 2