UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

SEFCU Reno

1 hour ago, UA1882 said:

Obviously if money was not an option then look at any of the big ncaa facilities (Kanasa , Villanova,  ect) and copy them.  However,  with this new stadium, which is great for low D1, there is no longer a real excuse not to succeed.  

Does not matter if your low D1 or highest D1 (UConn sucked a few years ago), with the transfer portal the way it is you can turn around a team very very quickly.  A new arena will only help. 

So, you are saying the refurbished "Broadview" Arena will be UAlbany's "Field of Dreams" ... "If they refurbish it, they will come" ...  meaning paying fans will come to see both the WBB and the MBB teams.  For all these years, I thought Casey Stadium was our "Field of Dreams" and it still remains a field of dreams not yet realized except for 2019.

Edited by cwdickens
clarify

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2023 at 11:09 PM, UAalum72 said:

Not much to see at University Gym yet

y4mm1viQSjCRXqbsux9Ei232p-JBtARxMusgGLH3

but at least the floor has been delivered. The janitor said he hoped they got it inside before it rains

y4m6VNfiX2XqYk5LEuvGb9N3Pt2VChP4HC_9Edec

That's not the floor for the PE Gym. The Gym will be getting an Omnisport series multi-sport floor system with a resilient surface. The photo above is a panelized temporary basketball court system.

• 2 weeks later...

Photos from a safety step-down meeting, going over new ANSI regs and other work safety.   Man, this arena is going to be loud, if filled.  It is a tight, fans super close to the floor set-up.  In the third photo, they still have not started the framing for the locker rooms. Looks like storage room framing has begun on the south side of the arena (first photo). 

1-scaled.webp

2-scaled.webp

3-scaled.webp

8 hours ago, Clickclack said:

It's mid-may...hopefully they are on schedule. Looks like a TON of work to do. 

This. I can't buy tickets until I know they are 100% confirmed to open when they say they are.

That being said, I'm surprised they didn't remove the floor with all of that working going on. Never mind construction lifts, etc. even boots can damage that floor. I figured that'd be the last thing they do with clean hands and sneakers lol.

4 hours ago, Eli said:

This. I can't buy tickets until I know they are 100% confirmed to open when they say they are.

That being said, I'm surprised they didn't remove the floor with all of that working going on. Never mind construction lifts, etc. even boots can damage that floor. I figured that'd be the last thing they do with clean hands and sneakers lol.

I would imagine they are going to either resurface or buy a new floor.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Clickclack said:

It's mid-may...hopefully they are on schedule. Looks like a TON of work to do. 

4 hours ago, Eli said:

Love ya both, but definitely glass full opinion...LOL.

As someone who lives construction projects daily, I'd actually say that from just viewing this, they are likely on schedule...maybe slightly ahead.  Construction of steel and concrete take way longer than most other things that need to be done. It doesn't look like they have added the concrete yet, however that is a week long project once that starts, barring some crazy environmental conditions.

Bleachers and flooring are likely the last bit and, without any curing of the floor, is likely a 2-3 week project.  

Framing out the lockerrooms and storage areas is probably a month long job.  Comms, power, and networking infrastructure is probably a month.  

Sheetrock is about a month for all, including the finishes of the exposed entry level walls.  

Install of lockers, sinks, film room, etc...probably two-three weeks.  

Hanging the scoreboard and other digital items, about three days.

Finishing (painting, graphics, etc) about three weeks. 

Getting the CO- about three weeks after site visiits.

Punch list items, probably 60 days, MAX.

Remember,  a lot goes on in parallel so this isn't a "electrical must go in before sinks, etc.".  From what I can see, I am pleasantly surprised that most steel structural framing has been completed.

• Like 2

As noted in other thread, no real shock here-- they want the place PERFECT for the Siena game, and there most certainly will be punchlist items and potential CO release concerns for November.  That's why they are saying "out of the abundance of caution.".  

• Thanks 1

While I know nothing about this project specifically I know that construction projects are very challenging right now.  Labor and supply issues are real.  Add to that a project overseen by the State of NY and I’ll throw my hat in w the doubters.  Hopefully it remains at or near on schedule but time will tell.  If it isn’t I guess I’ll deal w some wings at Juniors in Troy again.

8 hours ago, McFan said:

While I know nothing about this project specifically I know that construction projects are very challenging right now.  Labor and supply issues are real.  Add to that a project overseen by the State of NY and I’ll throw my hat in w the doubters.  Hopefully it remains at or near on schedule but time will tell.  If it isn’t I guess I’ll deal w some wings at Juniors in Troy again.

Tell me about projects involving contractors and suppliers, over the last two years three home projects never went anywhere the time frame promised, as in the current project on hold waiting for the delivery of what was supposed to be a readily available carpeting.

• 3 weeks later...