UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

SEFCU Reno

What do think the impact of people in the stands if no coaching changes?  Perhaps, a renovated arena with smaller crowds and a greater number of people not renewing their season tickets.  Further, next season's UAlbany - Siena game on our campus with more Siena fans in the arena ... a real possibility.

People are going to ask questions about the money spent no matter the source.

Edited by cwdickens
grammar

3 hours ago, cwdickens said:

What do think the impact of people in the stands if no coaching changes?  Perhaps, a renovated arena with smaller crowds and a greater number of people not renewing their season tickets.  Further, next season's UAlbany - Siena game on our campus with more Siena fans in the arena ... a real possibility.

People are going to ask questions about the money spent no matter the source.

I won't be making the drive up with my son or setting up any alumni trips up to Albany until the coach and AD are gone. Once that happens I will resume my attendance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, McFan said:

They can only charge what people are willing to pay.  The facility should drive some demand but there will still be plenty of supply (seats).  If the product is anything like this year they might want to think about lowering prices. 

Vic Cegles and I had conversation about the MVP pricing for our annual game with LCC.  He stated, "UAlbany determine the seating prices from ongoing current market pricing for such events."  When I asked for further explanation how the UAlbany Athletic Department.  He became vague and he stated "if you want to go to the game .... find a section in your price range."

I expect that Mark and Vic will continue with this stance.

Edited by cwdickens

5 hours ago, B9j2j6s said:

Do they not realize that ESPN+ is an option now?  My couch is really comfortable and the beer is cheep, cold and great tasting.

IMO their thinking is the same as that of NYS. What I mean:

FL has low taxes, people are moving into the state in droves. This means the tax base if very healthy.

NY has high taxes, people are moving out in droves. This means the tax base is not very healthy. This results in the state then taxing even more. And more. And more. To make up for the lost tax base.

The people at UA don't seem to understand basic economics and price out casual fans, which results in less butts in the seats, which results in lost revenue, which results in them trying to recoup said revenue by raising prices which results in even less butts in seats. It's a vicious cycle lol. Meanwhile, they overpaid for a first time HC who happens to have zero coaching ability. Not a great combination.

It's so simple.

• Like 1

This Athletic Department regime has proven time and time again that they consider fans and alumni as afterthoughts and open money taps. I won’t repeat the litany of transgressions and poor decisions. Why should the SEFCU Renovation and ticket pricing be any different. I stay home, watch on TV, have cheaper and better beverages, save gas money, avoid lines, avoid blaring music and bellowing PA announcers, stay dry and warm and spend a lot less money to watch programs going down the tubes. Others may disagree and insist on being there in person and I’m all for personal preference choices. You be you, I’ll be me. 

22 hours ago, UA'08 said:

In what world does a new arena not come with increased ticket prices. You want a new arena with all the new amenities you are going to have to pay. If you don’t want to then you’ll stay at home. Simple as that.

My personal take isn't specific to the new arena. It has been a trend with this administration for many years, before SEFCU Reno was even a glint in anyone's eye. Things like parking prices, etc. have all increased or priced out casual fans who are now expected to drop $100+ in tough times for a family of 3 or 4 with concessions, etc. Parking for our small ass program should be free or virtually free in the far lots, not $10 or $15 a car or whatever outrageous price it is today. Charge for SEFCU sure, but Dutch? Gimme a break.

The fact that they treat the GDAC as a form of PSL is laughable too but that's my personal take.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eli said:

IMO their thinking is the same as that of NYS. What I mean:

FL has low taxes, people are moving into the state in droves. This means the tax base if very healthy.

NY has high taxes, people are moving out in droves. This means the tax base is not very healthy. This results in the state then taxing even more. And more. And more. To make up for the lost tax base.

The people at UA don't seem to understand basic economics and price out casual fans, which results in less butts in the seats, which results in lost revenue, which results in them trying to recoup said revenue by raising prices which results in even less butts in seats. It's a vicious cycle lol. Meanwhile, they overpaid for a first time HC who happens to have zero coaching ability. Not a great combination.

It's so simple.

A little off topic question but in general how is the Albany area doing?  Is it still growing or did it turn down since the pandemic.  I live mid way between NYC and Albany.  Home values and our population has seen increases since March 2020.

22 hours ago, B9j2j6s said:

A little off topic question but in general how is the Albany area doing?  Is it still growing or did it turn down since the pandemic.  I live mid way between NYC and Albany.  Home values and our population has seen increases since March 2020.

I moved to Tampa in March 2021 but housing prices went way up in Albany around late 2020/early 2021. I profited about 80k on my 2018 built home in Clifton Park off of exit 8a of the Northway and sold it to a couple who moved from somewhere near or in the City (probably due to COVID restrictions if I had to guess). My taxes were around 10.5k at the time, not sure what the home is taxed at now (EDIT: Looks to be $10,742.78). NY HO insurance $550/yr. In FL, I'm at 5k in taxes but home owners insurance is 3x higher and that's only cause I have a new home (and I'm not in a flood zone/known hurricane corridor). I know people who are paying 6-10x what my NY HO was. 

Not sure how the Albany market has faired since I've left but I know Tampa is boomin...traffic here is unbearable lol. Glad I work from home (have been doing so since 2015). 

Edited by Eli