UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Football Transfer Portal (Going and Coming In)

On 3/7/2024 at 7:35 AM, MRuler 79 said:

Did Hall transfer or is he still with the program

This portal sucks for us this year..................he is graduating in May...................

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/students/athletics/2024/03/05/dartmouth-mens-basketball-players-vote-unionize

see this one? One more nail in the coffin of “college” sports. It’s all about the Benjamins now…don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. 

Edited by jimbo
Senior fingers….
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Stop.  Now.  Not appropriate.

Why do his veiled MAGA posts ruffle your feathers so much? I'm no MAGA'er (in fact, this might be the first election that I don't vote in) but just let the old man rant and post nonsense lol.

38 minutes ago, Eli said:

Why do his veiled MAGA posts ruffle your feathers so much? I'm no MAGA'er (in fact, this might be the first election that I don't vote in) but just let the old man rant and post nonsense lol.

It doesn’t belong in this thread and there is absolutely no nexus between the politics of the county and NIIL.  Zero.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dane96 said:

It doesn’t belong in this thread and there is absolutely no nexus between the politics of the county and NIIL.  Zero.  

Oh, I'm in 💯 agreement it shouldn't be in this thread; I have asked for an OT section on this forum for years. The response is just hilarious and honestly adds fuel to Michigan's fire most likely hah; he's clearly not going to listen to someone who he feels is inferior (libs). Just let the MAGA'er post his drivel and don't respond.

There are no rules 'round here since DP is non-existent (last visited 12/26/23) and won't give me the keys. If I had the keys, the post would be moved out of this thread to an OT topic in the OT sub-forum.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dane96 said:

There are 3 postings this morning all in different threads all about the “POLITICS” of the NCAA. Maybe the moderator or someone should create a separate thread. 

Edited by dslyank
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Exactly.  My feathers are ruffled because other than NYS funding I don’t want any politics here.  I want facts and opinion about the Danes. Not opinion about anything else Thank you. 

NCAA has increased preseason/practice squad limit for all FBS and FCS teams from 110 to 120, at least for 2024.

Possible that major FBS squads may offer more preferred walk-ons, thinning the talent pool for FCS

• 4 weeks later...

Watched about 45 min of the game. Poff got the second go at QB. Had one nice throw and the rest of the time was ehhh. I think he has zero chance of starting this year unless there’s a bunch of injuries. Cam Ward is light years better and their #2 from last year looks pretty good too. 

• 2 weeks later...