UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Does anyone know if anyone from the athletics department or administration, or even the coaches read BPF, or know of its existence?

Yes, yes, and yes to the above and they have for a long time.

Edited by danefan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw, since we've been undergoing so much construction on the campus lately, I'd like to suggest something that hopefully won't ruffle feathers. Any chance we can update the logo and the look at the top of this? Maybe an Albany logo? Or something that doesnt look too Geocities?

Btw, since we've been undergoing so much construction on the campus lately, I'd like to suggest something that hopefully won't ruffle feathers. Any chance we can update the logo and the look at the top of this? Maybe an Albany logo? Or something that doesnt look too Geocities?

We could but in the height of summer, I'm much more inclined to drink a beer on the back deck than resigning anything. I'm kinda lazy that way.

Looks like there is a very large UAlbany logo sign in the South End zone.

I'm very curious to see where that goes. I'm wondering if that ends up being the back of the scoreboard? That would be cool if it was. A huge UAlbany logo.

Edited by danefan

I'm not a construction guy but there appears to be SIGNIFICANT washout from the concrete walkway to the visitors side...hopefully it doesn't break up...

Just looking at the state of construction there appears to be a long way to go with respect to visitors side, main entry area etc. Hopefully it's still on time...

Edited by Clickclack

Looks like there is a very large UAlbany logo sign in the South End zone.

I'm very curious to see where that goes. I'm wondering if that ends up being the back of the scoreboard? That would be cool if it was. A huge UAlbany logo.

Yes, it should be the back screening of the scoreboard.

This may be a little off topic, but I am looking for someone to embroider the Ualbany Athletic logo on the back of my new stadium seats. Does anyone know who can do this or could someone provide me the .gif or .jpeg file for this logo?

1232_1351280139.jpg

I don't know the answer to your question but welcome to the board...

This may be a little off topic, but I am looking for someone to embroider the Ualbany Athletic logo on the back of my new stadium seats. Does anyone know who can do this or could someone provide me the .gif or .jpeg file for this logo?

1232_1351280139.jpg

Embroider?

From the store you could get a 4"x5" $2 Static Sticker you could maybe glue or sew on https://www.nmnathletics.com/sellnew/ViewItem.dbml?_IN_STORE_=YES&DB_OEM_ID=15800&ITMID=328181&ITMCATID=1098

504119.jpg

or make a slip cover from a teeshirt https://www.nmnathletics.com/sellnew/ViewItem.dbml?_IN_STORE_=YES&DB_OEM_ID=15800&ITMID=332745&ITMCATID=1090&PHOTOID=500605&RELOAD_CACHE_QUERY=YES

500605.JPG

Didn't you need the jpeg to put the picture of the logo in your post in the first place?

http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-common/mlib/1232/10/1232_1351280139.jpg

I'm not a construction guy but there appears to be SIGNIFICANT washout from the concrete walkway to the visitors side...hopefully it doesn't break up...

Just looking at the state of construction there appears to be a long way to go with respect to visitors side, main entry area etc. Hopefully it's still on time...

The erosion around the sidewalk is pretty nuts.

It looks like they are starting the finished fence/gate work and the other day they were spreading fill around the ticket booth. I'm hoping that means they start the concourse hard/landscape work soon.

If I remember correctly, I think there is a good amount of trees and other landscapes that will go in.

Ok, so I'd like to start a movement to get the Damien the Dane logo to replace the UA logo for our sporting events. I think the Scoobies nickname of our nickname helped with the press and name recognition in the NCAA and gives the school a bit of a personality. After all, we are the only Great Dane out there. And i think that would look way cooler at the 50 than the tired, old UA logo.

I think it'd be a great marketing move.

Who's with me on this?

Looking at it now, yeah. The UAlbany big A logo is really dull, and not even classic in a way some other simple letter designs are. It kinda feels like a 1990s design leftover.

I 'd vote for getting Damien onto as much stuff as possible. Good promotional device for local kids/families, too.