UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Allegations swirling...

2 hours ago, OrangeDane said:

Fardan Sanai -top VP for Development—his business is contributions….he needs to know your money is going away….don’t waste your time with the AD—GDAC folks….Sanai is the guy…

Good to know! I'll be sending an email to him! Thank you. 

28 minutes ago, Eli said:

I've emailed the president about Benson and Gattuso in the past and can't even get a boiler plate auto reply, so definitely not that useless bag'o'bones. I figured he'd be interested in knowing a longtime season ticket holders stance considering I saw him at many MBB games but I guess not. 

When you make 600k a year you get to ignore the little people.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

When you make 600k a year you get to ignore the little people.....

Get the feeling that attitude isn't describing just one person. If some think it helps to vent to someone at the University so be it, but unless you are a significant donor, I doubt they care. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bob87 said:

Get the feeling that attitude isn't describing just one person. If some think it helps to vent to someone at the University so be it, but unless you are a significant donor, I doubt they care. 

Maybe dropping a significant number of donors might make a difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, UA'08 said:

The original word “accidental” was used by a reporter on Twitter per sources that said Killings claims it was accidental. Again no one knows exactly what happened, but people are ran with that tweet where the word accidental was used. 

All the local papers and news outlets ran off of this specific tweet. No where is a direct quote from Killings saying it was accidental. It is Jeff Goodman who is using the word accidental from whatever sources he spoke with.

If it wasn’t accidental, then it was intentional. If it was intentional then it opens up a whole can of worms. 

If you are a UA supporter of 1 or 2 teams, maybe you stop financial support, but I am a supporter of all the teams and athletes.  I'll continue to support them and try to work to improve or correct problem areas.  Hopefully, we'll see the changes in the near future.  Problems never seem to get fixed in the timeframe we'd like, but that's true for most areas of our life.  I'm in the late autumn of mine and have more patience than during my younger years.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

If it wasn’t accidental, then it was intentional. If it was intentional then it opens up a whole can of worms. 

Like you said there’s a lot of unanswered questions still. Also to be exact, the letter says he made inappropriate physical contact with the player in a team hype circle. You can probably consider it inappropriate contact every time a coach slaps a player in the ass or chest after a big shot or play. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

I'm pretty sure we're not going to hear what actually happened. The walk-on who played the game for free is packing while the guys who make six-figure salaries hire PR firms to obscure things as much as possible.

Here's what I've seen from the outside over the past year:

-the Calipari testimonial at the opening presser didn't sit well.

-the hiring of Tibbs from Vermont with a scandal didn't sit well.

-this past year, I saw more players get techs for mouthing off to officials than I remember in the last 10 years of Albany basketball.

-Now, there's whatever the hell this was that puts a cloud over the men's basketball program, no matter how many PR firms get hired.

Now what was so wrong with John Calipari saying coach Killings was a good person? You must have been appalled when the team took the guarantee game in 2015 against Kentucky then.

Players mouthing off to officials. Yup the Killings lead Albany team is the only team to do that today.

7 hours ago, UA'08 said:

Like you said there’s a lot of unanswered questions still. Also to be exact, the letter says he made inappropriate physical contact with the player in a team hype circle. You can probably consider it inappropriate contact every time a coach slaps a player in the ass or chest after a big shot or play. 

Since we are unlikely to get further explanation, I must conclude that the contact was not “illegal” or the coach would certainly be in more trouble or fired. I can come up with at least one scenario that could lead us to where we are at this point, but I’ll refrain from any further speculation. Not knowing what the contact was, if or how it was addressed in the immediate aftermath and what the perception was of the recipient regarding the contact, I can’t flesh out the scenario. Recalling my participation in workplace training sessions, the perception of the recipient in any physical contact or verbal interaction is of paramount importance. Whether they are justified in their perception is a place for investigation, arbitration, counseling, etc. So they did that right when the adults in the room got involved...at least it appears they did.

• Like 1

So if I should run into Dwayne Killing in the near future, I will offer my support to him personally, the UAlbany MBB team in general and express my desire to return to the stands to cheer on the Great Danes for 2022-2023.

Based on what I know of the incident and how the matter was resolved, I feel comfortable in returning to the stands.  I realize not everyone can reach that point.  Yes, there are other unresolved issues concerning the leadership of the Athletic Department. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

So if I should run into Dwayne Killing in the near future, I will offer my support to him personally, the UAlbany MBB team in general and express my desire to return to the stands to cheer on the Great Danes for 2022-2023.

Based on what I know of the incident and how the matter was resolved, I feel comfortable in returning to the stands.  I realize not everyone can reach that point.  Yes, there are other unresolved issues concerning the leadership of the Athletic Department. 

If I run into him (which I never have), I'll say "just schedule LCC for the 6th game and beat them" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I still don't understand what Killings could have done in the pregame hype circle to warrant being suspended 5 games (and I assume being docked 25% of his pay) and being fined $25k. It makes no sense.  Why would he accept this?

• Thanks 1