UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Allegations swirling...

7 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Gattuso

Change needs to be made there with more urgency than needed to be made in the MBB program but Gattuso has a vid of Benson with a goat that he threatened to post to "Goats gone wild"...so he gets to stay! Dude is a stone-cold loser and Benson just keeps handing him 1mill contracts. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Gattuso

Yep, definitely a candidate for the can and the same practice that applied to Brown should have been doubly applied for Gattuso. The fact that one coach in a rut got canned while another got extended (twice) is an indictment on Benson and is the primary reason why everyone here hates him. 

Edited by Eli
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Change needs to be made there with more urgency than needed to be made in the MBB program but Gattuso has a vid of Benson with a goat that he threatened to post to "Goats gone wild"...so he gets to stay! Dude is a stone-cold loser and Benson just keeps handing him 1mill contracts. 

Ewe! That’s gross 

9 hours ago, Dane96 said:

According to WNYT, "A settlement was reached on Friday."   Don't know what that means.  

Settlement..so there was something that happened (?)... hopefully there will be transparency...even the DK supporters asked for transparency originally...we'll see if if they still ask for transparency after the settlement.

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MRSGDG said:

Settlement..so there was something that happened (?)... hopefully there will be transparency...even the DK supporters asked for transparency originally...we'll see if if they still ask for transparency after the settlement.

You can add the president to your $ienalist now as well. Good thing you have your sources to give your the truth on what went down because 97% of the alumni don’t care about Albany athletics and how corrupt it is. 

23 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

You can add the president to your $ienalist now as well. Good thing you have your sources to give your the truth on what went down because 97% of the alumni don’t care about Albany athletics and how corrupt it is. 

Everyone has an angle and an agenda...

Edited by Clickclack

2 hours ago, MRSGDG said:

Interesting wording "even the DK supporters asked"...goes right back to what Eli said earlier, call it a conspiracy theory all you want. Your angle is clear here...the only question is; if we do get the transparency here if the Brown supporters and people who never wanted Brown gone will continue to dig and dig and dig to undermine DK because the think they are getting to Benson that way. As if DK is responsible for 10 years of Bensons disastrous leadership. And I do mean continue, it started from day one and calls into question if these folks like you are UA supporters or Browns personal fan club to the detriment of the program. The only litmus test if a coach should continue at UA should be 1) is he running a clean program and kids doing well in school 2) is he winning. Regardless if he is your BFF or not...if either one of these is missing, the school should make a change. That was done with the MBB program. Regardless of all the personality issues, there was a ton of losing and program got stale which gave Benson an opening to settle other scores. It's strange how many people chose to overlook the on court performance and were in favor of status quo as the program faltered all because of personal friendships. Just so we are absolutely crystal clear, it is my opinion that the personal relationship of some "insiders" here is  with the old coach and his entire extended family has warped their views of the MBB program. I'm sure if the guy went winless for 5 years you'd still keep him and thus regardless of how well DK does it will always grate on you. There is a subset of people here, so called "insiders" who are praying for DK to fail because they think they are getting to Benson that way instead of cheering the program on. You know how I know this...take for instance your comments, Brown's dad on twitter and others...when the going was rough early on in the season and they couldn't buy a win, there was a certain level of gloating about "grass isn't always greener", Browns dad on twitter spouting off. After some wins started coming and they won at BC...crickets! Make of that what you will but don't lecture people here like you're just pulling for the program and want what's best for it. I've bit my tongue for a while on this but the hypocrisy is astounding and no one should believe it for a minute.  

As for me, I will continue to ask for transparency because I think IF a legitimate investigation took place and IF DK was cleared, the school owes him, the fans, recruits etc. an explanation as like it or not his reputation has been tarnished. IF they continue to hide everything about what transpired and do not offer any transparency into what happened, what the investigation uncovered and why they reached the decision they did, it will leave a black cloud over the program. 

Furthermore, I detest what Benson has done with this program, there should be a separate investigation into his handling of this. 

I want to say again unequivocally. IF DK hit a kid with with any malice and it was not purely accidental, he needs to be replaced as much as I like him. I'm a fan of the program and not any one individual, striking, pushing a kid etc. with intent is never OK.  

Few people know the situation around another allegation on Bensons watch that led to a dismissal of an assistant coach. No transparency was demanded then...even if it was a sham. That got quietly swept under the rug...even if I think it was BS. Where were the demands for transparency with the old coaching regime? I mean, shine a light on all of it...right? Ahh...that's right because that coming to light would have painted the old HC, fair or not in a negative ligh...so we didn't get any calls for transparency. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The word transparency has been tossed around on this forum and by others in the community ....  transparency has become a catch-all word without anyone saying actually what they are looking for ..... transparency has become a cliche .... what I want for DK and anyone else involved with the alleged incident that they are allowed to have the full due process as described by the policies and procedures that the University at Albany has in place. 

If anyone involved at the end of the process and is not pleased with the outcome, will in all likelihood take the issues to the courts.

Does the University at Albany owe the community, which I belong, as an alumnus, supporter via season tickets and contributions and member of the outcome no matter the result? I do not adhere to the belief that they owe us an explanation ....we have seen one athletic director and MBB coach leave without a public explanation and likely, a couple of other coaches have had untimely departures without much explanation.  

20 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

The word transparency has been tossed around on this forum and by others in the community ....  transparency has become a catch-all word without anyone saying actually what they are looking for ..... transparency has become a cliche .... what I want for DK and anyone else involved with the alleged incident that they are allowed to have the full due process as described by the policies and procedures that the University at Albany has in place. 

If anyone involved at the end of the process and is not pleased with the outcome, will in all likelihood take the issues to the courts.

Does the University at Albany owe the community, which I belong, as an alumnus, supporter via season tickets and contributions and member of the outcome no matter the result? I do not adhere to the belief that they owe us an explanation ....we have seen one athletic director and MBB coach leave without a public explanation and likely, a couple of other coaches have had untimely departures without much explanation.  

I just want to know what the allegations were (if there is anything more than what was already made public) and what process the University took to investigate to reach the conclusion they did. Most of all I want to be assured that it was not done in the Athletic Dept but higher up the chain, that the investigation was thorough, faire and equitable to all involved and that no part of the allegation was not investigated. 

https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/status/1510338506622652423?s=20&t=9JgFs2F1utEKKoOHpF5xVw

And of course, not from the school with a presser but from a twitter account...but a strong reporter in Norlander. 

Details:

1. Accidental contact;

2. Five game suspension

3. 25,000 fine to a local charity. 

Incident was isolated...press release to follow from school. 

Edited by Dane96
Details
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/status/1510338506622652423?s=20&t=9JgFs2F1utEKKoOHpF5xVw

And of course, not from the school with a presser but from a twitter account...but a strong reporter in Norlander. 

Details:

1. Accidental contact;

2. Five game suspension

3. 25,000 fine to a local charity. 

Incident was isolated...press release to follow from school. 

Yeah ...no one takes that penalty for accidental contact...sorry...what a horrible look for the school, the President and everyone else all the way down the line. 

For the record, I am more disgusted now than I was before. I am disgusted at the school and the Coach if this is the outcome, and  I am trying to compose my thoughts and I want to wait until I see if this is corroborated before I comment further.

• Like 1