UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Allegations swirling...

1 minute ago, Eli said:

One shoe has dropped (in the way that I think most of us - save for some Brown loyalists - wanted)...now hopefully the other boot drops (on top of Bensons noggin).

Let's wait for further confirmation...Wyland also reported a few days ago that he was gone. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Let's wait for further confirmation...Wyland also reported a few days ago that he was gone. 

Best thing said .... short and to the point ..... after 5 days of this when this allegation broke or twelve or thirteen days ago when I felt something was not right .... I feel like I have watched a train wreck occur in slow motion

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Eli said:

One shoe has dropped (in the way that I think most of us - save for some Brown loyalists - wanted)...now hopefully the other boot drops (on top of Bensons noggin).

You are obsessed with conspiracy theories for anyone that supported Brown it's so old. There were sources even within the team who said he did touch a player I dunno... Unless those people are lying 🤷🏻‍♀️ It's that those who may have been pro Brown had inside info on Benson for years and that's why me included didn't want to see Benson get rid of him for personal reasons which was the real case per staff who work there.

Again the same posters on here still have inside info on things (those who DM me as well with their inside info..we know who we are and won't spill sources) You gotta get over this "loyalist" crap..it's UA alumns who want to see the best for the university, hear things from the inside, and know how F'ed up it is there especially Athletics. House needs to be cleaned. I don't care about DK unless those sources are true and he hit someone, but Benson is a tornado who has ruined any enjoyment of UA sports. Those inside and outside the know can tell, except Havidan and he is all that matters.

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 3

Just now, UA1882 said:

It appears to be over. ...now let's get out there and get some players and start winning!!!!!!

Not over until we get transparency.  How can DK recruit without it.  I know staffs that would use this against him.   It's an ugly business.  Transparency will help heal.  

• Like 3

I'm sure there will be a press conference very soon . It will go something like this ....

After a thorough investigation into an alleged incident we found no fault in Coach Killings. Coach Killings is a tremendous leader of young men and we are thrilled to have him as our baskeyball coach.  

Almost word for word . Just watch . 

Edited by UA1882

3 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Not over until we get transparency.  How can DK recruit without it.  I know staffs that would use this against him.   It's an ugly business.  Transparency will help heal.  

Agreed...UA needs to be fully transparent or as much as they can do remove the cloud over DK IF again IF after a full and impartial investigation he was cleared. 

2 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Agreed...UA needs to be fully transparent or as much as they can do remove the cloud over DK IF again IF after a full and impartial investigation he was cleared. 

I could be wrong.  But there is no way they are going into specifics.  I doubt Killings will as well . What I believe will happen will be a "love fest" between Ualbany and Killings at the press conference.  Talking about the positives and not the negatives.  

1 minute ago, UA1882 said:

I could be wrong.  But there is no way they are going into specifics.  I doubt Killings will as well . What I believe will happen will be a "love fest" between Ualbany and Killings at the press conference.  Talking about the positives and not the negatives.  

I think they will issue PR and call it a day...no one is going to do a celebratory press conference. This whole thing was/is ugly...they will want to move on as quick as they can.  

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

I think they will issue PR and call it a day...no one is going to do a celebratory press conference. This whole thing was/is ugly...they will want to move on as quick as they can.  

Agree ..... no one in UAlbany Athletic Administration or the President's office will never want to get in front of the local news organization to discuss this ..... claiming the matter involved a personal matter .... we all need some healing time from this....

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MRSGDG said:

You are obsessed with conspiracy theories for anyone that supported Brown it's so old. There were sources even within the team who said he did touch a player I dunno... Unless those people are lying 🤷🏻‍♀️ It's that those who may have been pro Brown had inside info on Benson for years and that's why me included didn't want to see Benson get rid of him for personal reasons which was the real case per staff who work there.

Again the same posters on here still have inside info on things (those who DM me as well with their inside info..we know who we are and won't spill sources) You gotta get over this "loyalist" crap..it's UA alumns who want to see the best for the university, hear things from the inside, and know how F'ed up it is there especially Athletics. House needs to be cleaned. I don't care about DK unless those sources are true and he hit someone, but Benson is a tornado who has ruined any enjoyment of UA sports. Those inside and outside the know can tell, except Havidan and he is all that matters.

Obsessed? Hardly. lol. I'm just engaging in conversation on an online forum.

1) No one (?) is disputing that he touched a player. Not sure why you are even bringing that up or insinuating that anyone has been called a liar.

2) Based on latest information, it looks like the independent investigation (meaning performed by higher ups other than crooked Benson and the athletic department) has deemed that he should keep his job (now we just wait for confirmation). This means that more than likely DK's explanation that it was accidental has merit.

3) Tell me this post by you does not translate to "we should have never fired Brown"?

On 3/28/2022 at 3:08 PM, MRSGDG said:

Sounds like this is a going to be a disaster for the school. Great.. grass ain't always greener.

Save the spiel about conspiracy theories or my supposed obsession with them (lol). It's not a conspiracy theory. People (you) who are still not sold on DK exist, even if they (you) say they (you) don't care if DK stays or goes. You make it pretty obvious that you'd rather have Will Brown here than Dwyane Killings.

Even if Brown was let go due to personal issues with Benson (and you are probably spot on about that), Brown's record alone the last few years would have made many D1 programs consider making a change if they had a coach that couldn't win the regular season or conference tournament for 5-6 years. We as an MBB program were stuck in a rut and a changed needed to be made...even if Benson and Brown were BFFs.

4) Not sure why you are insinuating otherwise, but I too cannot stand Benson and feel he has ruined the entirety of UA sports to the point where many of us don't even bother tuning in anymore even from our comfortable couches (forget going to games and giving the program money).

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Eli said:

Even if Brown was let go due to personal issues with Benson (and you are probably spot on about that), Brown's record alone the last few years would have made many D1 programs consider making a change if they had a coach that couldn't win the regular season or conference tournament for 5-6 years. We as an MBB program were stuck in a rut and a changed needed to be made...even if Benson and Brown were BFFs.

Gattuso